Thread: What Arcade Sticks Are Compatible with Mac OS X That Isn't X-Arcade?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default What Arcade Sticks Are Compatible with Mac OS X That Isn't X-Arcade?

I've been searching across the internet with not many results yielding. I'm trying to find as many arcade sticks as there are that are compatible with Mac OS X up to the newest operating system, 10.10 Yosemite. The X-Arcade is the one I want to try to avoid as it's very expensive and hearing that the parts used to make it aren't all up to snuff (mainly the joystick and the face buttons). Could anyone recommend some really good quality arcade sticks that can work with Mac OS X that won't break the bank as badly?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

After a quick look apparently some PS3 arcade sticks work on Mac systems even without having to install additional drivers, but I haven't read anything about the more current OS versions.

Google and have a read.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

There is another stick called the Datel Arcade Pro, but it's skyrocketed in price and are not many left to get online. Whether or not it works on the newest Mac OS is what I'm not sure about. As for the Mayflash, I believe that one might work and it's also modifiable, AND it's extremely affordable (about $30 on amazon.com through Amazon Prime).

According to Satoshi_Matrix on Youtube, the Joytron Paewang Revolution Arcade Stick possibly works with Mac since it's also in the same family as the Mayflash. He also suggests that the stick also needs modification to have Sanwa buttons or whichever buttons tickles your fancy. For the price, it seems that the Mayflash is the better buy being it's $20 lower than the Paewang Revolution (it's about $55 on etokki.com).

For me, I'm probably going to mod it with 6 green 30 mm Sanwa buttons, 2 white 30 mm Sanwa buttons, and a green cherrytop Sanwa 4/8 way stick to give it that Sega Dreamcast fighting stick look. I wish they made different colored shells of the Mayflash arcade sticks, but oh well. Hopefully the Mayflash works on Mac OS X Yosemite.

I can confirm that the Mayflash Arcade Stick does indeed work on Mac OS X Yosemite. So all Mac users, no need to worry about it not working on the newest operating system, it works perfectly fine. I will say that modding this stick is definitely a must and must be done as soon as possible.
    Last edited by CadmiumRED; 3rd-November-2014 at 19:22.