Thread: The Greatest Lego Game You've Ever Played

Thanks
    EP Points

Default The Greatest Lego Game You've Ever Played

Well yes, I was thinking recently about this, because almost every year there is a brand new Lego videogame. It all started Back in the 90s when Lego started to make this kind of games for Playstation and PC. Those games were very simplistic and kind of childish, but those first games such as Lego Island or Lego Racers were so neat and colorful and I always felt happy when I was playing them.

Today the situation is very different. Since Lego is now more powerful than it used to be, now we see lot of licensed games. From Batman to Lord of the Rings, it looks like Lego bought them all. The whole concept was also changed, from simple platforming to advanced action-adventure games. At the beginning I kinda liked those games, but after, no interest at all. They all looks the same.

...anyway to sum all, the greatest Lego game that I ever played was, is and will always be Lego Racers from 1999.

Even it's just a simple racing game with very bad graphipcs it is a true Lego masterpiece. The biggest thing about the whole game are the characters and cars. The game characters are actually minifigures from old Lego sets, such as Captain Redbeard, Johnny Thunder or almighty King Kahuka! And that's just awesome thing.

So, do you like the old-school games or the newer ones?
    Last edited by R0MVLVS; 25th-October-2014 at 20:52.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Traveller's Tales had exclusive rights to licence Lego games and the success of their Star Wars games made Time Warner purchase them some years ago, that's why you see so many Lego games based on IP's also belonging to Warner (Bats, LotR, Potter). It's not that Lego bought them all

I'd rather play the current Lego games. To be honest, I think there are way too many Lego games lately, so only the games based on the Marvel/DC comic-books are interesting for me. TT's games are fun to play but there's no need to play them all

Thanks

Lego City Undercover for Wii U was so amazing. By far the best IMO