Thread: PS4/DS4 Controller Bluetooth Pairing Problem on Mac OS X Yosemite

Thanks
    EP Points

Default PS4/DS4 Controller Bluetooth Pairing Problem on Mac OS X Yosemite

Alright, here's the problem I'm having.

I have a PS4/DS4 controller that was paired perfectly fine on my MacBook Pro Mid-2014 Model with OS X Yosemite on it. I went over to a friend's house and connected the controller to his PS3 console and played Castle Crashers with him and two other friends on it. After coming home from that, I tried to reconnect the controller to my MacBook Pro and it does not connect. So I tried resetting the controller in that very tiny hole on the back with a pin or paper clip. I also contacted my friend who has the PS3 console to delete the PS4 controller's profile from it. After that, I tried pushing the Share button and PS button at the same time, the main blue light would blink many times and 'Wireless Controller' would appear in Bluetooth Preferences. So I would click the 'Pair' button, and it says Connected.. though the grey pinwheel is still spinning. Give it about 20-30 or so seconds later, then the Wireless Controller will say 'Pairing failed' underneath it, and then the device title will disappear.

Could anyone steer me in the right direction to getting the PS4/DS4 controller reconnected back to the MacBook Pro wirelessly via Bluetooth?

EDIT: I should also mention that the controller works perfectly fine if it's connected through the micro-USB cable, though I'd rather have it connected via Bluetooth.
    Last edited by CadmiumRED; 20th-October-2014 at 03:00.

Thanks

BUMP!

I'm having the EXACT same problem... so frustrating! I've been trawling forums all over the net but haven;t managed to find a solution anywhere. Someone please help! It worked fine until today. Since using it on the mac I have used it on the PS4. Now it won't connect to the iMac.

Thanks
    EP Points

So I tried to reconnect the PS4 controller again to the PS3 at my friend's place to see if manually reconnecting it to that and then deleting its information from the PS3's systems would clear itself of all traces of connectivity. So after doing so, I tried to re-pair it back to the Macbook Pro, and still the same result happens. It "connects", but the wheel still spins. There's probably something up with the Macbook Pro's ability to connect to the controller if anything at this point, because the PS3 had no issue whatsoever with connecting the controller and using it wirelessly. Least I gave it a try. I sure hope someone can find a fix to this, because using a short-ass cord really sucks.

Thanks
    EP Points

+1 on having the same issue. The PS4 controller paired fine on my Mac Mini running Yosemite, and I used it for weeks. Then, I paired it to my Macbook Air for an evening and now I can't get it to re-pair to the Mini. I have even cleared out all unknown devices from the Bluetooth config (command-click on the Bluetooth icon on the menu bar) on the Mini. I have also reset the PS4 controller many times, and turned Bluetooth off on the Air so there's no risk of it interfering with the pairing process.

My next step is going to be to bast away the Bluetooth settings on my Mini altogether and reboot (i.e., delete or rename /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist). My Mini is currently DVDring something, so it will have to be a couple hours. I'll check in with my progress.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Seems like it might be a Macbook issue. Have you tried searching their forums/support site for a fix?

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks
    EP Points

Fixed! Deleting /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist and rebooting fixed the issue for me.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jedikirk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Wow dude, that worked! Thank you so much for that!