Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are you good at video games? If so, what kind of video games???

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm pretty average. I can't play a difficult game in a matter of days and claim it was easy with the wind in my hair and the sun off my teeth like some people can, and I cget frustrated easy at puzzles and brain teasers but I guess if I could claim that I was a little better then my usual average at any type of game it'd be platformers. man I loves me a good platformer.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Honestly I suck at most games except any Megaman game, somewhat decent at Fighters and certain JRPGs
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by AskaLangly View Post
    Older platformers, classic FPSes, and TPSes like Ratchet & Clank... unless you consider it a platformer as well, lol.
    Same for me. For the most part I can master pretty much any platformer with very little effort anymore, especially older titles from the NES/SNES era. Almost all of them control and "feel" the same, so once you've mastered one it's pretty easy to pick up the next one. I would say I've pretty much mastered classic Mega Man, all of the classic Marios, Kid Icarus, Shadow of the Ninja, etc... my Batman speedrun kind of speaks for itself...

Same with classic FPSes. Once mouse/analog controls were introduced I started to feel really lost -- I don't cope well with fast moving cameras and extremely detailed environments, I find it too difficult to orientate myself. But stuff like Doom, Duke Nukem 3D, Hexen, Wolfenstein 3D, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark and probably the first two Quake games I'm really good at, in particular Doom. After that things started to get too complicated and "busy" and I couldn't keep up. Nowadays I'd say I'm pretty shit at modern FPS.

Ratchet & Clank is another style of game that I'm particularly good at. I wouldn't say I've mastered it, but most third-person platformers come fairly easy for me and I'm usually very good at them. Ratchet & Clank, Alice: Madness Returns, Jak & Daxter, Sly Cooper, Enslaved... probably others that I'm missing... I wouldn't say I'm a "master" like I would for classic platformers, but I would say I'm really good.

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm gonna go for a blanket answer here and say of course we're all fantastic or we wouldn't be here constantly talking about all the games we play and beat and so on.

I like platformers and long walks on the beach. And if Elmdor asks if you want to go snorkeling make damn sure you ask him "where"

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jafar View Post
    I'm gonna go for a blanket answer here and say of course we're all fantastic or we wouldn't be here constantly talking about all the games we play and beat and so on.

I like platformers and long walks on the beach. And if Elmdor asks if you want to go snorkeling make damn sure you ask him "where"
    I'll snorkel whatever he asks me too.

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm terrible at fighting and bullet hell games. I'm good at rpg's,platformers and puzzle games.I'm ok at shooting games,if I really concentrate I do decently.I guess.

Thanks
    EP Points

Im good at playing RTS games and RPG's... and Goat Simulator looks like an awesome game

Thanks
    EP Points

For me the games I usually were best at were RPG's. I used to play a lot in the day so it was easy to pick up new ones because of the format. For the most part I tend to be more persistent with games now if I get round to playing them, and I usually end up either beating them or giving up. I do enjoy a challenge and will try super hard games just for kicks so bullet hell games for example are a good sell for me. Very satisfying to beat Ikaruga for the first time.

Thanks

Yupp am pretty good when it comes to play classic games