Page 64 of 267 FirstFirst ... 1454596061626364656667686974114164 ... LastLast

Thread: the holy shit-Out: what is goign on (HE QUIC BROWN OX UMP OVER HE Z OG)

Thanks
    EP Points

The boomerang out: Oh noes it's coming back!!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I just posted about how I really feel about Religion on Facebook. Waiting for my mom to see, God knows I'm gonna get kicked out for my beliefs.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmarazz View Post
    oh gOD THAT FUCKING AWFUL MOVIE

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Raype View Post
    Pfft, his up speed is small time.

Bitches and whores.
    What now bitches (our internet is actually amazing tho)

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Roxas View Post
    I just posted about how I really feel about Religion on Facebook. Waiting for my mom to see, God knows I'm gonna get kicked out for my beliefs.
    Is your family so disjointed that things as important as religion have to be learned from one another via Facebook instead of actual conversation between people who live in the same household?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by The Worst Cat View Post
    Is your family so disjointed that things as important as religion have to be learned from one another via Facebook instead of actual conversation between people who live in the same household?
    Kind of. I can't really come out and say things like this to my family, so I do it on Facebook. And it kinda helps that neither of my folks are home, we do talk and converse and all. But it's just hard to really explain things such as this. For me, anyway. 'Cause my parents are Hardcore Christians and if I don't believe in what they believe, well. It just ends badly.

Thanks
    EP Points

Kind of. I can't really come out and say things like this to my family, so I do it on Facebook. And it kinda helps that neither of my folks are home, we do talk and converse and all. But it's just hard to really explain things such as this. For me, anyway. 'Cause my parents are Hardcore Christians and if I don't believe in what they believe, well. It just ends badly.
    I get the impression, however, that doing so on Facebook is easier because it provides a particular atmosphere of allowance to sentiments of protest and rebellion. I'm not really sure what you mean by "hardcore" Christian, but it's obviously in a Christian's interest to share their beliefs with their son. After all, it is the responsibility of a Christian to love others, and to love someone is to will the good of that person for their own sake. What good is there to will for someone if not their salvation? Surely, knowing that your parents love you is enough basis to be able to sit down and converse? I'm sure your FB post with, "I know my parents love me but..."

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I get the impression, however, that doing so on Facebook is easier because it provides a particular atmosphere of allowance to sentiments of protest and rebellion. I'm not really sure what you mean by "hardcore" Christian, but it's obviously in a Christian's interest to share their beliefs with their son. After all, it is the responsibility of a Christian to love others, and to love someone is to will the good of that person for their own sake. What good is there to will for someone if not their salvation? Surely, knowing that your parents love you is enough basis to be able to sit down and converse? I'm sure your FB post with, "I know my parents love me but..."
    I do know they love me. And they do want what's best for me, but in the past couple years my faith declined (ever since family members passed away from cancer.) and it's just been harder to see what they believe in. They actually also shoved religion down my throat as a kid and I didn't enjoy that too much lol. I dunno I just have bitten my tongue for too long.

And by hardcore Christians I mean like, if I believe in Gay marriage, I'm going to Hell. I believe that Medical Marijuana should be legalized, Hell. I don't believe in a Hell, Hell. Stuff like that.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Hardcore as in devout Christians? Or do you mean extreme right wing?

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Hardcore as in devout Christians? Or do you mean extreme right wing?
    As in Devout.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

My parents at least, the rest of my family are Extreme Right Wing.

Thanks
    EP Points

I do know they love me. And they do want what's best for me, but in the past couple years my faith declined (ever since family members passed away from cancer.) and it's just been harder to see what they believe in. They actually also shoved religion down my throat as a kid and I didn't enjoy that too much lol. I dunno I just have bitten my tongue for too long.

And by hardcore Christians I mean like, if I believe in Gay marriage, I'm going to Hell. I believe that Medical Marijuana should be legalized, Hell. I don't believe in a Hell, Hell. Stuff like that.
    A child is not going to come by any knowledge on their own if left in a vacuum. It is necessary to "shove" certain things down "their throats." You probably didn't enjoy being disciplined for not touching a hot stove when you were little either, but I bet some good came of it, in the end.

It is, of course, important for people to be loving and charitable towards one another. And it is important to refrain from being judgmental, especially of the state of the souls of others. The world's worst criminal could have a final conversion experience that would allow him to enter Heaven. But it's also possible to love a person without loving all of their actions.

The important thing to consider in these things is, why don't you believe _____? These are questions than can be investigated, and your parents are not the only source of information on the planet~

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

A child is not going to come by any knowledge on their own if left in a vacuum. It is necessary to "shove" certain things down "their throats." You probably didn't enjoy being disciplined for not touching a hot stove when you were little either, but I bet some good came of it, in the end.

It is, of course, important for people to be loving and charitable towards one another. And it is important to refrain from being judgmental, especially of the state of the souls of others. The world's worst criminal could have a final conversion experience that would allow him to enter Heaven. But it's also possible to love a person without loving all of their actions.

The important thing to consider in these things is, why don't you believe _____? These are questions than can be investigated, and your parents are not the only source of information on the planet~
    Indeed, I understand what you're saying. But yeah. My thoughts and views are just extremely different than the rest of my families. As if I wasn't a black sheep enough.

Thanks
    EP Points

I don't think "devout" is a proper term to be used for basically begrudging your parents their faith. People strive for a lifetime to be devout Christians.

When I hear the word "hardcore" in this sense, I think of, for example, a fundamentalist individual who has learned all their ideas regarding faith from televangelists. Which, I will readily admit, are (unfortunately) usually pretty cooky.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I don't think "devout" is a proper term to be used for basically begrudging your parents their faith. People strive for a lifetime to be devout Christians.

When I hear the word "hardcore" in this sense, I think of, for example, a fundamentalist individual who has learned all their ideas regarding faith from televangelists. Which, I will readily admit, are (unfortunately) usually pretty cooky.
    Well you'd be surprised but my family watches that stuff every Sunday. I agree though, they are pretty cooky at some points.