Thread: Converting from .rar to .iso

Thanks

Question Converting from .rar to .iso

I hadn't meant to step on toes and hope to avoid doing so further by just simply doing as I am told... I am having an issue with converting files from their downloadable .rar file format to a playable .iso file format for the Gamecube Emulator Dolphin. I have gone through the recommended resolution processes of downloading winRAR to convert the files by archiving then extracting them, only to have the files remain .rar files. Is there a step I am missing or am I just following the steps incorrectly? I am including images of the archiving process and of the files after extracting them from the archives. The previous thread, though old(and even though I hadn't noticed just how old until I was told by an admin) did indeed help in getting the files archived so I could try to convert them, I don't know how to convert them....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iso issue.png 
Views:	693 
Size:	71.9 KB 
ID:	42473Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iso issue2.png 
Views:	382 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	42474Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tales issue 2.png 
Views:	350 
Size:	64.8 KB 
ID:	42475Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tales issue1.png 
Views:	271 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	42476

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Do yourself a favor and get rid of winrar, get 7zip instead.

You are attempting to convert a compressed archive to a iso, typical noob mistake, you want to open the first part of the split compressed archive and extract then you shall have a disc image AKA iso extracted and ready for playing.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    Do yourself a favor and get rid of winrar, get 7zip instead.

You are attempting to convert a compressed archive to a iso, typical noob mistake, you want to open the first part of the split compressed archive and extract then you shall have a disc image AKA iso extracted and ready for playing.
    Yes I am a noob and readily admit it. I have no problem with being a noob, because that means I have room to learn from my experiences, as well as my mistakes. I will try 7zip and what you suggested about the opening the compressed archive first, then extracting it. I will be sure to post updates on if it works or not.

::UPDATE:: Your suggestion worked, thank you. I am now finally getting the files converted to the correct format, and the one I already completed is playing perfectly.
    Last edited by LawlietSteam; 1st-October-2014 at 23:16.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by LawlietSteam View Post
    Yes I am a noob and readily admit it. I have no problem with being a noob, because that means I have room to learn from my experiences, as well as my mistakes. I will try 7zip and what you suggested about the opening the compressed archive first, then extracting it. I will be sure to post updates on if it works or not.

::UPDATE:: Your suggestion worked, thank you. I am now finally getting the files converted to the correct format, and the one I already completed is playing perfectly.
    Did not mean noob in a mean manner, we are all noobs at one point or another

Another little heads up, you are "extracting" the files not converting them.

Glad ya got them working, well if you have any more problems let us know
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.