Thread: Issue with ppsspp and D3D9 backend

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Issue with ppsspp and D3D9 backend

In short i'm using version 0.9.9.1-492-gdda3ca3 for windows 64 bit. The issue i run into(even with a fresh extraction of the emulator) is that if i switch over to D3D9 backend, it zooms in on the upper left corner and can't seem to be unzoomed. Below is a screenshot of what the issue looks like without even being in a game.

Thanks
    EP Points

I tried switching to D3D9 back end and I can't seem to replicate the problem you're having on my end. Have you tried changing the resolution in the emulator?

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah, and it has no effect, still does the same thing. Rendering resolution was set to auto by default, but 1x 3x 6x and 10x(didn't test every single one) all look exactly as shown in the screenshot from my previous post. Oh I forgot to mention, I am using a maximized window, though not fullscreen. If i use a non maximized window, the problem goes away, though i'd prefer not to do that. I don't think it really matters for this particular problem, but system specs are win7 64 bit professional, 12GB ram, Nvidia GeForce GT 620 graphics card and, i7-3770 @ 3.4GHz for cpu.
    Last edited by rmcin329; 21st-September-2014 at 21:55.

Thanks
    EP Points

What is your desktop resolution set to? In maximized set to auto, it could be using your desktop resolution for some reason. Mine is set to 1920x1080p which is the exact same as the resolution I'm running the emulator in, and I'm not having any issues with a zooming screen.

If its not that, then maybe there is some sorta bug with the emulator, and you should report your issues to the developers at PPSSPP.
    Last edited by gamerdude211; 21st-September-2014 at 22:15.

Thanks
    EP Points

Desktop resolution is set to 1920x1080. Oh and before you ask, graphics driver is already the latest version. I've already made a topic about this at the ppsspp forums, haven't had a lot of info from them, though the topic hasn't been entirely ignored either. On a sidenote the opengl backend does not have this problem.
    Last edited by rmcin329; 21st-September-2014 at 22:18.

Thanks
    EP Points

There could be a lot of issues causing that, everything from graphics drivers, to a compatibility issue somewhere, or even a bug with the emulator. I understand that the D3D9 back end is something new in recent months, and maybe they haven't got the kinks worked out yet.
    Last edited by gamerdude211; 21st-September-2014 at 22:24.