Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ePSXe 1.9.0 slowing down on my i7 laptop?!!!

Thanks

I tried version 1.6.0 and it does the same with D3D plugins.
    Looks there is something wrong with D3D plugins and my laptop / gpu

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by gamerdude211 View Post
    Its been awhile since I used ePSXe 1.9.0, but I recall running into some minor issues that made me revert back to older versions of the emulator. The one I got on my PC currently is 1.6.0, and I didn't have any issues at all running any of the games I played using that version. So you might want to try using an older version of the emulator. Later versions are not always better for everybody.
    Same for me. I had issues running Resident Evil 2 and 3 for example. It failed to work on 1.7.0 for example on my computer, yet it worked flawlessly on 1.6.0. (Haven't tested it on 1.9 because I just play PSX games on my PSP now.)

@BlackCitadel: Could be possible yeah that there's conflicts with recent drivers/OS and the (outdated) D3D plugins on ePSXe. Honestly I'd stick to OpenGL2 anyway, it's better than D3D imo. I always had some issues one way or another with the D3D plugin.
    YouTube (Gameplay Videos)
    Intel Core i5-4670k @ 3.40GHz | Radeon HD 7850 | 6GB DDR3-1333 | 120GB SSD | 1TB HDD | 640 GB HDD

Thanks

Why OpenGL2 plugins better than D3D ones?