Thread: Collectibles: What Gets Shelf Priority?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Collectibles: What Gets Shelf Priority?

When it comes to collectible toys, figurines, curios etc. what stuff has top shelf priority? And who has to hope they get some shelf space? Lol

My Model horses have top shelf priority, they line my closet shelf and have a lone cabinet all for themselves.

My Ponies take up part of my bookshelf but of course share it with books and various knick knacks people have bought for me over the years.

Various knick knacks include anything from a purple "marble" dolphin from Sea World, unicorns, a glow-in-the-dark Buddha to my Chinese Zodiac sign, a Piggy.

Action Figures have to share bookshelf space, atm they include two Classic Mega Man Robot Masters Elec Man and Shadow Man and two Decepticons a very small Ratbat and Skywarp and I am eagerly awaiting a custom Monster High doll Fairy Leviathan

My Skylanders collection is pretty big but they don't get shelf space. They've got a nice sturdy box to hang out in

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

My shelves are a complete mess, one shelf for anime, the other for games, have games scattered about both shelves .

Well for priority my PS2 / Wii / NDS collection gets shelved (really need to make room for my visual novels.....) and my PSX/GBA / VNs get boxed.

Oh and my Arcade/Fight sticks get stuck on the top of the shelves , especially my precious Hori Real Arcade Pro KAI
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

I give main shelf priority to my game limited editions, then next to regular games and peripherals. Realistically, I should give top priority to my PVC figures, but I am that dude who keeps them boxed; however, they take 2nd priority only for being boxed and taking up ridiculous amounts of space that way.

Thanks

What's on my main shelf? Bender Bending Rodriguez.

review_tnbender_2.jpg

He's my newest companion.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

For my games, all of my black box or odd shaped boxes (Stack Up, Arkanoid, etc) and console boxes get top shelf. Eventually it'll probably be the really rare stuff.

For everything else, stuff I don't use often but like the looks of, such as comics or my Oilers stuff go near the top shelf or above the TV, etc. I really don't have that much shelf space to put everything...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I have enough shelves to where everything is pretty much shelved now. That really nice one I got on CL recently (I posted pics somewhere on this site) helped with my books, which had been overflowing. I'm running out for my anime because I have so much, I may need to get more shelves next year for that.

All my dvds and blus are sorted in alphabetical order. Games are separated by system and are in alphabetical order. They are also in chronological system order (ie PS1, PS2, PS3) except for the Dreamcast games because they take up so much space. The book set-up is so nerdy that I'll spare you guys the details.

@Drag: How much sports memorabilia do you have?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Shelf space is reserved only for video games and related magazines/books. With 6+ bookshelves and almost half an entire wall of mounted shelving nothing really has "Top Shelf" status. If a set grows too big for one set of shelves it gets shifted around. Right now though shelf space is a luxury.

Though I guess if there was something I considered "Top Shelf" material it'd be my large-ish Phantasy Star collection.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    @Drag: How much sports memorabilia do you have?
    Not much. Tickets from the games I've attended (only 3, since Rogers Arena, where the Canucks play and the only arena close to me, is ridiculously expensive to attend). A couple of jerseys, mainly older style ones - our old navy blues that I bought back in '07, a white away jersey from the same time frame, my Ryan Smyth jersey with the current home colours that I wear during the season, about four hats of different styles... nothing extravagant or special, really.

I would love to grab a game puck of some kind one day. Maybe if we return to the playoffs...

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

Um, mostly books. Loads of crappy school stuff, board games, general crap and my DVDs. The good part of the shelf, however, is reserved for my Preacher and Scott Pilgrim comics (as well as some Swedish stuff), my Arsenal-related shoes and books and, uh, my Romance of the three kingdoms volumes.

I also have a note saying "PUT YOUR TROUSERS ON SON, YOU'RE NICKED" framed. Yay!? All the video games are either at my mum's or in a really large drawer.

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Currently the spotlight in my shelves is reserved to my new Pop! Rocket Raccoon figure

Spoiler warning: