Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Greatest Crash Bandicoot Game You've Ever Played

Thanks
    EP Points

Default The Greatest Crash Bandicoot Game You've Ever Played

I think it's pretty obvious that Crash Bandicoot is my favorite game character and best game series of all time. So I want to ask all of you girls and boys, if you ever played this platform classic, what Crash Bandicoot game was the most memorable for you? And you can choose both Playstation and Nintendo games.

My personal favorite is Crash Bandicoot: Warped from 1998. This is not just the best Crash Bandicoot game I ever played, this is also my favorite game of all times. Why? Because it got everything, from cool and entertaining platform levels to awesome soundtrack. When I first played this game, I was like 6 or 7 years old, but even now I can't find any lacks for this absolute classic.

For Nintendo, my personal favorite is Crash Bandicoot 2: N-Tranced.
    Last edited by R0MVLVS; 15th-August-2014 at 14:35.

Thanks
    EP Points

Same here, Crash 3: Warped is the first one I played and is my favourite.

Thanks
    EP Points

eh...i tried playing a few of the older games in this franchise again a while back as i hadn't played them in years and sadly, playing them again wound up giving me much the same feeling as watching a movie i once thought was great when i was a kid. that feeling SUCKS!

a lot of the movies i've seen in the past, unless they're still to this day considered to be really good, aren't all that good at all compared to newer movies. much like that, these games just don't seem nearly as good now as i once thought they were. this is all partly due to how i feel about replaying games in general and that also really sucks.

imo: replaying a game (ESPECIALLY a RPG of ANY type) is little to no fun at all and holds little to no challenge. why? because you've already seen all the game has to offer, all of the story line, solved all the puzzles, finished all the sidequests/missions/etc. and so its more or less pointless to replay it unless its one you find really fun/entertaining as theres just nothing left to do. or to put this another way, how boring do you think it would be to relive the exact same day over and over with nothing ever changing? i'd say it'd be quite boring indeed. with me, its kinda like that when it comes to replaying games i've already beaten.

pardon my ranting but thats probably why i have no specific favorite game but rather a few favorite franchises i keep up with. megaman, much as i despise what capcom has done with the last few games, theres a high quality fan game or 2 and mighty no. 9 to look forward to so not all hope is lost for the franchise yet. sonic the hedgehog, and mario despite not having the latest nintendo consoles/handhelds for the newest games. i'd have metroid on my list of faves but after metroid prime 2...or whatever that last game for the wii was (don't remember right offhand), i kinda lost track of that franchise somewhere along the line.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Spyro

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmarazz View Post
    Spyro

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Shots fired? Why?

Crash 3, Spyro 3, 'ts all good.

...like, really, REALLY good.
    I am Mega Man, I'm blue and cyan - the creation of Dr Light (or Right, if you're from Japan)
    Also known as Rockman

My Mega Buster can cut the mustard, I'm a flustered amputee
    POW POW!
    Eight robot bosses in eight levels dishevel and revel in devilry,
    I'll steal their weaponry!

I am also known as the "Blue Bomber"
    I could shoot the legs off Jeffrey Dahmer
    Kill a robot fish, kill a robot frog,
    and then I ride off on my robot dog...

JOIN THE SHMUP MANIACS! Arcade & home console 2D shmups!

vThanks button, down herev

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Im only playing.

I rented all of the Crash's when I was growing up and beat most of the, I believe. They just weren't worth buying imo. Good games, but also clunky to some extent and the restricted views disappointed me. Yes I understand they are linear levelled games. I guess I would have to say Crash 1 is my favorite, but not at all near my top 10 or even 20 favorite games of all time.

Thanks
    EP Points

Crash 3 of course. To bad that I'm not good enough to beat time trials on all levels and unlock last 3 stages.

Thanks
    EP Points

Among Naughty Dog' games it's Warped. Among other Crash games it's Twinsanity.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmarazz View Post
    Im only playing.

I rented all of the Crash's when I was growing up and beat most of the, I believe. They just weren't worth buying imo. Good games, but also clunky to some extent and the restricted views disappointed me. Yes I understand they are linear levelled games. I guess I would have to say Crash 1 is my favorite, but not at all near my top 10 or even 20 favorite games of all time.
    I'm also the big fan of Spyro, and I think that both Crash and Spyro can be put side by side, because they are both platforming masterpieces. But I do like Crash Bandicoot a little more, because it got sentimental value for me. My favorite Spyro game is Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage and it's also one of my favorite games of all times.

Spyro the Dragon is also pretty good, but Spyro 3 was a bit hard to digest, due to 5 additional characters.

We can say that Crash and Spyro are like brothers.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Crash 2 is actually the first one I played but I also played quite a bit of Warped. Both are so freaking good in my eyes so I can never really choose one or the other. Also, Spyro is an excellent series up until A Hero's Tail...then things sorta went down the crapper

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by marin123456789 View Post
    ...what Crash Bandicoot game was the most memorable for you?
    I despise Crash bandicoot. All I wanted was Resident Evil 2 and what do I get? A stupid talking rat fighting a midget with Jaundice.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by dutchmasterkilla View Post
    and what do I get?
    You got RE2, didn't you?

Sent from the Intergalactic Space Arcade using aliens.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by war1ock View Post
    Sent from the Intergalactic Space Arcade using aliens.
    I sense a Classic Game Room fan.....this makes me happy

Quote Originally Posted by dutchmasterkilla View Post
    I despise Crash bandicoot.
    Then why did you decide to even pay this thread any mind?

Thanks

All of them haha, actually its pretty tough i really loved all the ones on ps1 including bash and the racing games and the first one as ps2 as a kid(despite the longest load times in my life in that game) but if i to pick one it would be a close tie between 2-3. 3 was fun bc of the powers and better graphics but 2 had some pretty fun lvls. thought all the games had their share of awesome lvls. Here's to hoping that crash will come back on the ps4 with the nostalgia and fun of the first few games but better graphics and such. =]
    Last edited by B1rk1n635; 27th-August-2014 at 08:47.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews