Thread: Dolphin 4.0.1 problems

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Dolphin 4.0.1 problems

I've been having A lot of problems with dolphin, some are severe, first off, In SSBM, if I'm using, the game crashes as soon as i press anything, when I'm not using cheats, it runs at 75% speed, and the audio is REALLY glitchy, in Wind Waker, I managed to get cheats to work, and it runs at full speed, but the audio skips every once in awhile, and if you want to get into other games, they are all laggy as hell, but WW and SSBM are the only Games I care about, if anyone can help with any of these problems, it would be great.

Hardware specs: Good enough to run PCSX2 at Full Speed, therefore good enough for Dolphin. If you want Details, just ask.

Thanks
    EP Points

That's not the latest version, so for starters, get 4.0.2. If that doesn't solve it, get the latest developer build from the Dolphin Emu website.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Daraghy View Post
    Hardware specs: Good enough to run PCSX2 at Full Speed, therefore good enough for Dolphin. If you want Details, just ask.
    Not necessarily the case. Some of the more demanding Dolphin games require better PC specs than any PCSX2 game. And even the specs required for PCSX2 games vary considerably. You should post your PC specs.

Also, for SSBM, there is a wikia https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.p...sh_Bros._Melee

It says cheats will crash the US version of the game which appears to be the problem you're having. Dolphin Emulator is mostly CPU dependent, so if you got a sub standard CPU, that would explain it running 75% speed. AMD CPUs aren't very good for Dolphin at all either.

Some performance results at the bottom. If you got worse specs than this guy, then yeah, your PC isn't good enough:

4.0-1818 Windows 7 x64 AMD FX-6300 @ 3.5 GHz nVidia GeForce GTX 660 Some drops here and there, especially on Fountain of Dreams. 1x Native Res. Will overclock and post more info.
    Last edited by gamerdude211; 28th-August-2014 at 17:31.