Thread: GBA Kai on PSP

Thanks
    EP Points

Default GBA Kai on PSP

Is there any reason that after startup, the phrase 'Loading ROM list...' should stay on the screen for a long time before the actual list arrives? I mean aside from maybe the list having a lot of titles on it, because that could well be the reason but I want to check.

Thanks
    EP Points

If everything else is working correctly then yeah, 99% sure it is the number of roms making it take so long, unfortunately that's an issue with quite a few emulators. If you've got a ton of roms (like say the whole set) you could try making multiple rom folders, like one for each letter or a range like A-F, G-L, etc. If there are lots of japanese ones you could always give those their own folder as well.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks
    EP Points

So putting them in the separate letter folders within the ROM folder would still allow the saves and config files to go to the correct places, right? Cause I was worried about moving stuff in/around within the ROM folder because the file paths for save files and whatnot might change?

I'm not great with technical stuff so I could be totally wrong, and what you suggest could well be an excellent idea Also because it takes a while to scroll down through all the titles to say, Zelda or Warioware Twisted.

Thanks
    EP Points

I haven't used this emulator in a while, but most emulators handle saves in one of two ways; they read them from the same folder the rom is in, or they stick them in a save specific folder (like saves or SAV) and read them from there. Easiest way to tell is to connect the PSP to your computer, go to your current rom folder, then right click in the window, go to "Sort by" and click "Type". If the save files are in there it'll list all the roms first, then below those it'll list the save files (probably labeled .sav). If that's the case then just make sure they're moved along with their respective roms into the new folders.

Now if they aren't in with your roms they should be in a folder made specifically for saves in your emulators folder. If this is the case then moving the roms around shouldn't mess it up.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah saves have their own folder so I should be O.K., they didn't have their own folder for years because I must have messed up the initial install, but just last night I fixed it I downloaded a blank slate of the emulator and saw that it had all the folders that I was missing (so I knew what ones to add and where to move my current saves etc.) so it's a lot cleaner now too

The coolest ROM I have working on the GBA (though not the version from this site sadly) is Warioware Twisted, which shouldn't even work on an emulator cause it needs the gyro thingy in the original cartridge I have the original but it's still awesome that someone worked out how to make it work on a PSP! Now I just have to look into the Boktai games that require sunlight for the sensor

Thanks for the help too man

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Rich666 View Post
    Yeah saves have their own folder so I should be O.K., they didn't have their own folder for years because I must have messed up the initial install, but just last night I fixed it I downloaded a blank slate of the emulator and saw that it had all the folders that I was missing (so I knew what ones to add and where to move my current saves etc.) so it's a lot cleaner now too

The coolest ROM I have working on the GBA (though not the version from this site sadly) is Warioware Twisted, which shouldn't even work on an emulator cause it needs the gyro thingy in the original cartridge I have the original but it's still awesome that someone worked out how to make it work on a PSP! Now I just have to look into the Boktai games that require sunlight for the sensor

Thanks for the help too man
    Most the games have patches Boktai games have ones so you can adjust the light via GBA buttons

They done these years ago

http://bubbz.pocketheaven.com/?system=gba&section=patch has a couple of those

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Oooh nice, thanks I have no idea where these guys even start trying to fix this stuff!

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Rich666 View Post
    Oooh nice, thanks I have no idea where these guys even start trying to fix this stuff!
    Usually the code is found via memory dump comparisons it's not that hard to do to be honest, to at least find the bit of code that is changed, the next step is a bit harder as it does involve programming but could be done with action replay style codes that is easy to do.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

One last thing before this gets too derailed I know sort of what a trainer is (cheats right?) but what does the +1, +5, +8 etc after them mean?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

+# is just the number of cheats, so a +6 trainer has 6 trainers or cheats inside the patch

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Gotcha, I should try one of them out to see how it works!

Thanks for your help once again people