Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How many NES games have you beaten?

Thanks
    EP Points

just remembered (if your counting those we've beaten on emulators as well that is), i think i also managed to beat Zanac too on the wii virtual console. that game had an interesting gameplay mechanic where instead of a difficulty select like you'd normally see, the games difficulty would increase or decrease depending of how well or poorly you played. i think the hardest thing i encountered in that game was a enemy ship firing missiles faster than the fastest, fully upgraded, weapon you could obtain. yeah, talk about a guaranteed death, that made it impossible to hit the enemy due to the number of missiles it kept spewing out.

Thanks
    EP Points

1. Contra
    2. Super Mario Bros.
    3. Duck Tales 2
    4. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: The Manhattan Project (2 players and solo without continues)
    4. Revolution
    5. Fantastic Adventures of Dizzy
    6. Go Dizzy Go
    7. Micro Machines
    8. Dunk Heroes
    9. Nekketsu Street Basket: Ganbare Dunk Heroes
    10. Goal 3
    11. Ice Ice! Hockey Challenge
    12. Punisher
    13. Double Dragon 2
    14. Double Dragon 3
    15. Mighty Final Fight
    16. Eliminator Boat Duel
    17. The Legend of Kage
    18. Godzilla War of Monsters all scenarios
    19. Some platformer with guy shooting from his third eye or sth
    20. Cat Ninja
    21. Big Nose the Caveman
    22. Big Nose Freaks Out
    23. Some huge world RPG with two asian brothers seeking bells for some reason.
    24. Jungle Book
    25. Felix the Cat
    26. Flintstones
    27. Flintstones 2
    28. Jurassic Park
    29. Mickey Mouse game that starts in big house
    30. Prince of Persia
    31. Tiny Toon Adventures
    32. Another Tiny Toon Adventures

Can't remember more. When I was a kid I had list of NES games that i've beaten. It was more than 50.

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Russian View Post
    Hmm hard to remember but I'll post those that I'm reasonably sure I've beaten. On the actual hardware too and not emulation.

Here we go:

Adventure Island
    Batman
    Batman Return of the Joker
    Castlevania
    Castlevania 3
    Chip and dales rescue rangers
    Dragon Warrior
    Dragon Warrior 3
    Ducktales
    Ghostbusters
    Kings Quest 5
    Metroid
    Robin Hood Prince of Thieves
    The Simpsons: Bart vs. the Space Mutants
    Star Trek 25th anniversary
    Super Mario Brothers
    Super Mario Brothers 2
    Super Mario Brothers 3
    TMNT 2
    TMNT 3
    Tiny Toon Adventures
    Yo! Noid

So yeah just over 20 that I can remember.

Of course there's puzzle/sports games that I left out too!!!
    Oh, sweet, I had forgotten about TMNT 2! And I just though of Adventures in the magic kingdom aswell! You've beaten Robin Hood? Am I remember things incorrectly or is that sort of really difficult? Perhaps I was just dumb back when I played it.

Quote Originally Posted by maverickgirlhunterZ492 View Post
    Not counting gameshow games, tetris types and such

1-Castlevania II
    2-Duck Tales 2
    3-Faxanadu
    4-Kid Icarus-only twice and just barely
    5-Kirby's Adventure
    6-Legend of Zelda
    7-Adventure of Link
    8-Little Mermaid
    9-Maniac Mansion
    10-Megaman 2
    11-Monster Party
    12-Super Mario Bros 1
    13-Super Mario Bros. 2
    14-Super Mario Bros 3

yeah...not many '

and some I don't ever expect to beat, like Battletoads, Marble Madness, TMNT, Snake, Rattle n Roll etc.
    Is TMNT really that difficult? I was gonna play through it a couple of years ago, and I coasted through the game until I made it to the Technodrome which in when the fucking game froze on me. All you gotta do is a abuse the pizza drops.

Then again, it's probably dumb of me to say things like that since I've never actually played the last "world".

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I honestly can't name all the games I've beaten on NES, but it's quite a few. Certainly no 80+ or anything, but growing up me and my dad used to play all the time and beat quite a few. I didn't beat the harder ones until my adult life though. The Megamans and such. I've still never beaten Contra without the code though. I'd need to plug in the NES again to try again, and I don't think I can handle the heartbreak.
    THE TRICK IS TO NEVER DIE. That way you won't lose the spread gun, see.

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Elmdor Rizer View Post
    Oh, sweet, I had forgotten about TMNT 2! And I just though of Adventures in the magic kingdom aswell! You've beaten Robin Hood? Am I remember things incorrectly or is that sort of really difficult? Perhaps I was just dumb back when I played it.

Is TMNT really that difficult? I was gonna play through it a couple of years ago, and I coasted through the game until I made it to the Technodrome which in when the fucking game froze on me. All you gotta do is a abuse the pizza drops.

Then again, it's probably dumb of me to say things like that since I've never actually played the last "world".

THE TRICK IS TO NEVER DIE. That way you won't lose the spread gun, see.
    The first TMNT was a bitch but the second and third not nearly so much. As for Robin Hood I got crazy good at the sword dueling but yeah parts of it were rough.

I probably have a bunch more that I've beaten as I had an NES for a long time but unfortunately that was 20+ years ago when I did

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Technodrome is by far the hardest level. I can usually get there without dying at all, but I've never successfully beaten it. That level will fuck you up.

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Drageuth View Post
    Technodrome is by far the hardest level. I can usually get there without dying at all, but I've never successfully beaten it. That level will fuck you up.
    Ah, right. So I'm just being a cunt here.

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah, I've never beaten that damn game. It's been a long time since I've tried, but I don't think I ever made it to Shredder. Some other tough games I never quite finished off were Castlevania III (made it to Drac, but just couldn't beat him) and Battletoads. I know most people fail at the speeder bike stage, but I got really good at that part. I think I usually crapped out somewhere around that stage where you ride the speeding snakes, or maybe just passed that. I never really enjoyed that game all that much anyway, so never really had the desire to really finish it.
    Ah, right. So I'm just being a cunt here.
    Where you been you sexy thing?

Thanks
    EP Points

I've beaten that game. I haven't put a list up yet because I'm still trying to remember all the games I've beaten. I'll say now, that TMNT was the one of the hardest games I've beaten.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by FlavaFlave View Post
    Yeah, I've never beaten that damn game. It's been a long time since I've tried, but I don't think I ever made it to Shredder. Some other tough games I never quite finished off were Castlevania III (made it to Drac, but just couldn't beat him) and Battletoads. I know most people fail at the speeder bike stage, but I got really good at that part. I think I usually crapped out somewhere around that stage where you ride the speeding snakes, or maybe just passed that. I never really enjoyed that game all that much anyway, so never really had the desire to really finish it.

Where you been you sexy thing?
    I've made it very close to the end, but I've never successfully made it to Shredder. Going by speedruns I've watched, I was about three screens away, but in what I consider the hardest part of the game -- the narrow hallway with the laser shooting guys that mess up your shit.

I agree on Battletoads, though. I've never beaten the game, but I can usually make it to the snake climbing section after I get the rhythm of the game. I don't think I've ever made it farther than that legitimately, though. I've made it to the wall-racing level on co-op with a Game Genie, but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stark View Post
    I've beaten that game. I haven't put a list up yet because I'm still trying to remember all the games I've beaten. I'll say now, that TMNT was the one of the hardest games I've beaten.
    DON'T LIE NO ONE HAS EVER BEATEN THAT GAME

ALL VIDEO PROOF IS A LIE

IT'S A CONSPIRACY, LIKE THE MOON LANDING, OR GEOMETRY

Aaannnyyywways, I just remembered that I finished Burai Fighter not too long ago. Added it to my list.

I kind of want to add all of the unbeatables to my list. I played the shit out of Pacman, Tetris, Dr. Mario, Battle Chess, etc, and lately I've played a lot of Galaga and the occasional Donkey Kong. Also, my brother and I played Ice Hockey all of the time, but there's really no ending to any of those.

Ah well. I should work on expanding my list. Flave has my ass kicked in completed titles. It's kind of not even close.

Thanks
    EP Points

Ah well. I should work on expanding my list. Flave has my ass kicked in completed titles. It's kind of not even close.
    I was "that kid" in the neighborhood who could smoke anyone at games. Dexterity I guess, haha.

I think I'll leave my list as is, for now.... I hate including sports games and shit, but at the same time they were an accomplishment I guess. I do need to add Jaws, but I'm pretty sure my list is finished for the most part.

You gonna start a SNES beaten thread Drag? I don't have nearly as many to add in there

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Nah, I rarely play SNES. Never had one growing up, none of my friends did either. My entire beaten list would be Mario World, Zelda, and the Mega Man games.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Completed NES titles......
    Super Mario Bros
    Super Mario Bros 3
    Legend Of Zelda
    Castlevania
    Metroid
    MegaMan 1-6
    Double Dragon
    Kirby's Adventure

Not many......well compared to the SNES it's not many I've beaten.

"I am... Sheik. One of the last of the Sheikah tribe..."

Thanks
    EP Points

Nah, I rarely play SNES. Never had one growing up, none of my friends did either. My entire beaten list would be Mario World, Zelda, and the Mega Man games.

Were you guys Sega fans or something? What made you guys skip the SNES?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

"Couldn't afford it." We probably could have, but the SNES came out when I was 3, and my parents bought an NES that year because it was a lot cheaper. At that age, we didn't care about "the new thing," we were very happy with our NES, and great games were still coming out, so it wasn't a big deal. We skipped straight from NES to N64 when that came out. Never owned a Sega console either.

Thanks
    EP Points

So are we gonna see lists for every system coming

SNES was fantastic. I was probably around 14 when I got my first one. My list for that would be enormous.