Thread: Need help getting MAME to work on Android. 1st time doing it.

Thanks

Default Need help getting MAME to work on Android. 1st time doing it.

I got a Android a while back ago. I mostly use the tablet for the Internet and writing. I basically use it as a replacement for a laptop. I realized I don't use it too often so I decided to use it for games.

I just downloaded MAME4droid (0.37b5) and I also download a few ROMs that I enjoy playing in the past.

It took me a while to figure out how to get the app to look for the ROMs on the SDCard. I think I got it right. It shows /mnt/external_sd/ROMS/MAME4all

When I try to use it, it says it can not find the ROMs at all. So I unzip them hoping that it will work now.

Nope, it still does not work.

I just wondering how do I get it to work. Thanks everyone!

Just an update. I try to install another app. I think it's made by the same company call Mame 4 Droid. It still does not recognize the ROMs on the SD card.

Please help me because I like to play some games on the MAME. Thanks!
    Last edited by deadlegion; 17th-July-2014 at 06:42. Reason: merged posts

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Thread moved and posts merged.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

I give up! After trying and going to their website, I am going to install another kind of video game emulator.

Maybe someone in the future will have a more user friendly MAME emulator in the future.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The emulator possibly works just fine but the roms need to be from the correct set 0.37b5 otherwise they will not be the correct dumps required as new dumps are created almost as often as new versions of mame that will not work with older versions.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 19th-July-2014 at 12:32.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR