Thread: Wii Sensor Bar not working on Dolphin?

Thanks

Default Wii Sensor Bar not working on Dolphin?

Hello, a couple of days ago I acquired a new video card so I took Dolphin for a spin, tried Mario Galaxy and works great, except for one problem: the wiimote's functionality requiring a sensor bar isn't working. I plugged the bar to my WiiU, even entered Wii mode on it, to no avail. Am I missing something?

Oh, and the sounds coming from the wiimote seem fairly garbled, is this an emulation issue or do I need to fix something in the options menu?

Thank you for your time.

Thanks
    EP Points

If you haven't already read this tutorial http://www.dolphin-emulator.com/connect-wiimote.html.

Regarding the garbled noises your Wiimotes speaker may be bad, simply mute the volume by pushing the Home button and turning down the volume and while your at it I'd recommend turning off Rumble as it drains the battery faster. Also if you do want to hear the sounds make sure Enable Speaker Data is checked in the Wiimote settings on Dolphin.
    Layin down enjoying the fun unleashing the power of the sun and capturing them all until I'm done.

Thanks
    EP Points

https://dolphin-emu.org/download/

Try using the latest development build (after attempting the above), I don't notice any oddities with the Wiimote's functionality there

(also, minor quip [and pet peeve], but I can never get over it when someone links the dolphin-emulator.com site.. It's not the official one and the versions of dolphin they host are horridly out of date [well, I could say the same for the entire site..]. I know it's a pointless thing, but I'll be damned if half the issues people have are due to using the versions of dolphin from there just being so outdated)