Thread: Recommended controller for emulators on Android??

Thanks

Default Recommended controller for emulators on Android??

Hey guys! I just recently have gotten into playing emulators. I just picked up a Galaxy Tab S and I was wondering if anyone has a good suggestion for what type of controller I should pick up? Ill mainly be playing Super NES games so the Wiimote is out. Ive heard good things about using a PS3 controller but unless Im mistaken, that requires an app that requires your tablet to be rooted. If Im wrong please correct me. Thank you in advance for any help or suggestions.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Why is the WiiMote out, you can just hook up a classic controller to it

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Why is the WiiMote out, you can just hook up a classic controller to it
    That would be awesome! I was just under the impression that since Android 4.2 none of the apps that let you pair the Wiimote would work. Sorry if this is old info that has been fixed, but I havnt been able to find anything that lets it work. If there is an app that works please let me know

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I wouldn't know I don't don't emulate on any Android devices, just put that out there about the Classic controller

I have a PSP for portable emulation as well as a 3DS with a DS flash kit and lastly a Vita (only play retail games on my Vita though, it's not hacked)

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

You can use an Xbox 360 controller if you have a male micro usb to female usb cord/adapter. Of course, you have to make sure your device has OTG support.

Thanks

There are even controllers that plug into the headphone socket, though the downside is obviously you can't use headphones simultaneously.

Anything bluetooth that feels comfy in your hands should be good. I recently came across the SteelSeries controllers, they look pretty cool and are very compact with the same amount of buttons and sticks as a dual shock.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Thundercracker View Post
    You can use an Xbox 360 controller if you have a male micro usb to female usb cord/adapter. Of course, you have to make sure your device has OTG support.

This.

There are some other minor things involved but it's been awhile since I've screwed around with that stuff. Sadly using a Windows phone for awhile now. But anyhow a 360 controller is supposed to be one of the most popular choices.

Thanks
    EP Points

use a MOGA Controller

Thanks

For Nintendo emulation? Impulse Controller.
    For PSP and consoles that needs analog input? Any bluetooth ps3 controller you can get cheaply. I've got myself Snakebyte brand and it is a great piece of hardware when I connect my phone to tv and play on big screen. Original Sixaxis is also great choice, mostly because of aftermarket adapter that allows to attach popular smartphones to it. But on the go, ImPulse. Small, with great quality, long lasting and works with everything. Oh, and you can use it also as media player remote.
    Last edited by Sm00k; 5th-October-2014 at 10:36.