Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What specific files do a PSX emu (e.g. ePSXe) require to run a game?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Double44 View Post
    ..oops i meant GPU haha. There was also something about a 'SPU' and 'zlib1.dll' ? Apparently zlib1.dll "eliminates any errors that might happen".. I've been watching too many videos XD

At this point I'm pretty sure all i need are ISO/ROMs, the BIOS and emulator.

I'm seeing a lot of [U], [E], (F), (J), (G), (I), and (S) in the titles of some of these ISOs... what do these mean? Are they trying to indicate the language? Some appear as (Japan) and (USA), I'm not understanding the differences between these and the abbreviated ones?
    Worth noting that some of these different regions work properly with a specific BIOS. SCPH-1001 is good for USA versions, which run at different frame rates than European versions.

This package contains a large variety of BIOS files and should be compatible with your PS emulator. You will need 7zip to extract it, then copy the BIOS folder or contents to the appropriate directory in your Android.
    Last edited by skullpoker; 9th-July-2014 at 20:45.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to skullpoker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

I managed to get my PS1 games to playing thanks to you guys!

At first, RetroArch had problems finding my BIOS.. even though the files were on my Android. I then learned that the BIOS files were case sensitive, all the files needed to be in lowercase, including the .bin extension. After i fixed that, everything worked!