Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: League of Legends Offical Disscusion Thread

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sheras View Post
    Jungling is probably the hardest role IMO. You need to have the best map awareness of anyone since you will be deciding what lane to go help out, if you can dive the tower to get the kill, or if a lane is really pushed up. Objective control (dragons and baron) falls to you as well, since you are the one that carries the summoner spell Smite (390-1000dmg to minions/monsters depending on your level) Champions in the jungle usually have a gap closer, or CC. The most popular junglers are
    Elise (has been since her launch about a year and a half ago now) amazing in every aspect, great damage without having to build damage (because of the % HP her Q does in both human and spider forms) good jungle camp clear times since she can have two spells at level 1 (take W first), good ganker, E is a stun in human form, in spider form good gap closer.
    Lee Sin, huge damage early game, not gated by mana (he uses energy), good ganks (gap closer and a slow)
    Evelynn, little different playstyle with her since she is invisible unless enemy is within a certain radius of her or you attack. Mostly involves flanking behind people and surprising them. This makes her my favorite, don't have to worry about their wards, you can just walk through them without a care.
    I can go on but I won't
    Oh okay, yeah it really does seem insanely tough. I think we'd win so many more games if my teams HAD a jungler though. It's really a shame.
    Oh, so you think Elise is good at jungle? I really want her hehe. I love Ori, she is really fun but I have to realize her limits. She simply can't kill people with incredible range or the big dwarf guy with the red hair ahhhh so terrible.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Prude View Post
    damn this is some major server crashing going on.
    There is a notice yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Prude View Post
    Oh okay, yeah it really does seem insanely tough. I think we'd win so many more games if my teams HAD a jungler though. It's really a shame.
    Oh, so you think Elise is good at jungle? I really want her hehe. I love Ori, she is really fun but I have to realize her limits. She simply can't kill people with incredible range or the big dwarf guy with the red hair ahhhh so terrible.
    Elise has been probably a top 3 jungler in pro play pretty much since launch, she wasn't played at first in the jungle, she used to be played top lane, but people realized how good she was in the jungle and now you never see her played in lane. That is Gragas btw.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

There is a notice yeah.

Elise has been probably a top 3 jungler in pro play pretty much since launch, she wasn't played at first in the jungle, she used to be played top lane, but people realized how good she was in the jungle and now you never see her played in lane. That is Gragas btw.
    AH okay, yeah I'd like that. I just got matched up with a bunch of lvl 30s and we won ahaha. I'm almost to level 14. I don't really understand flash, it's hard to get the hang of it. I kind of understand wards? All I know is the ward trinket, but as a support aren't you supposed to take it to the next level?

I think the worst thing I can't get the hang of is finishing the kill. Like I'm good at evade and defense and farming, but I am so bad at being aggressive. I'd like to try a ranged character but I hate Ashe.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Jungling is probably the hardest role IMO. You need to have the best map awareness of anyone since you will be deciding what lane to go help out, if you can dive the tower to get the kill, or if a lane is really pushed up. Objective control (dragons and baron) falls to you as well, since you are the one that carries the summoner spell Smite (390-1000dmg to minions/monsters depending on your level) Champions in the jungle usually have a gap closer, or CC. The most popular junglers are
    Elise (has been since her launch about a year and a half ago now) amazing in every aspect, great damage without having to build damage (because of the % HP her Q does in both human and spider forms) good jungle camp clear times since she can have two spells at level 1 (take W first), good ganker, E is a stun in human form, in spider form good gap closer.
    Lee Sin, huge damage early game, not gated by mana (he uses energy), good ganks (gap closer and a slow)
    Evelynn, little different playstyle with her since she is invisible unless enemy is within a certain radius of her or you attack. Mostly involves flanking behind people and surprising them. This makes her my favorite, don't have to worry about their wards, you can just walk through them without a care.
    I can go on but I won't
    Yeah, I just got Elise from the sale they had! And while I was at it I got the Blade skin for Orianna.
    I've been doing a lot of research on jung and watching some vids, and I came to the conclusion that it is very, very tough. I couldn't even hold my own out against intermediate bots....
    I still have a lot to learn and I'm trying to figure out a play style that works best for me. Elise is tough, but it's a pretty fun challenge so I look forward to learning her. If you can link me to a very simple beginner guide for Elise that would be fab, since my internet searches have been O.K, but not very beginner friendly. I primarily understand jungling, but it seems timing on ganks is EVERYTHING. If top is really weak, it will be hard I think. A strong top makes it easier I think??

I've just played one match with Elise and I failed pretty miserably. I'm at lvl 15 right now.

Any advice would be great eheh.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Ok Prude I'm responding in this thread instead of the HO

For runes, right now you just need to set up the two standard rune pages (runes cost a crap ton so make do with these two) I used these two for almost a year exclusively, and a lot of people make do with these two in lower elos.

For magic/ap based champs
    3x Quintessence of Great Ability Power (+5 AP each)
    9x Magic penetration marks (+.87 magic pen each)
    9x Greater Armor Seals (+1 armor each)
    9x Greater Glyph of Magic Resist (1.34 magic resist each)

For AD based champs
    3x Quintessence of Attack Damage (+2.25 AD)
    9x Mark of Attack Damages (+.95 AD)

You only need 9 seals/glyph here because you can use runes in multiple pages.

I probably got the names wrong, but the numbers they give you I think I'm right.

And I'm just going to leave this here

The other official cinematic they did last year is titled A Twist of Fate if you want to watch that as well.

Thanks
    EP Points

Ahri looks more anime like than usual, other than that I'm very impressed with this animation, it's fantastic.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Ok Prude I'm responding in this thread instead of the HO

For runes, right now you just need to set up the two standard rune pages (runes cost a crap ton so make do with these two) I used these two for almost a year exclusively, and a lot of people make do with these two in lower elos.

For magic/ap based champs
    3x Quintessence of Great Ability Power (+5 AP each)
    9x Magic penetration marks (+.87 magic pen each)

For AD based champs
    3x Quintessence of Attack Damage (+2.25 AD)
    9x Mark of Attack Damages (+.95 AD)

You only need 9 seals/glyph here because you can use runes in multiple pages.

I probably got the names wrong, but the numbers they give you I think I'm right.

And I'm just going to leave this here

The other official cinematic they did last year is titled A Twist of Fate if you want to watch that as well.
    Thank you for helping me with that. I'm almost lvl 23 now! I will get these runes.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Played with my roommate from last year and some friends on team builder, I was forced to ADC, I think I did pretty well.

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegen...66605/51089998

Thanks
    EP Points

I love the extended match history they now have.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Tassadar View Post
    I love the extended match history they now have.
    It is nice, and this patch they finally put back the mini history in client.

Thanks
    EP Points

Have we ever played lol Sheras, I mainly play on EUW but I have a NA account.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Tassadar View Post
    Have we ever played lol Sheras, I mainly play on EUW but I have a NA account.
    Nah we havent. I've played with Prude here once, with Tan.
    Never played with scrublord Nem either

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Pretty funny, last night I was playing with a lvl 26 friend in some ARAMs, so we were getting matched with a whole variety of players, and one game that we were matched with people at his level, I got accused of hacking by 3 of the 5 on their team

And we lost fyi