Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: League of Legends Offical Disscusion Thread

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default League of Legends Offical Disscusion Thread

Hello there! Here is where you can discuss LoL strategy or seek advice from your fellow summoners. Be nice and keep on topic! N00bs & pros alike! There is already an official Hang Out thread for small talk, so please post there if you are no longer discussing LoL.

So this is pretty much just a discussion about the game, adding friends, and just everything else pertaining to LoL.
    Last edited by Prude; 30th-June-2014 at 05:14.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sheras View Post
    Not bad, he can proc the spellblade passive nicely, the rage one is a little harder for him too.
    Health? Great on Darius
    Mana? Helps him spam that truck of a Q he has, seriously that thing hurts so much.
    Crit? Not the best stat for him, but he at least autos in his full combo so if he crits, hey extra damage.
    Movespeed? Great helps him stick to his target better.
    AD? Also great, more damage.
    AP? Totally wasted.
    Attk Speed, helps keep his passive on people more

That being said, I think Botrk (Blade of the Ruined King) is a lot better for him.
    AD? More damage
    Attk Speed, same thing as above
    Life Steal? Helps him sustain in lane, since he really doesnt have long ranged poke, he gets poked down somewhat
    Passive--the % damage, great vs tanks, since that what he will be going up against mostly as a top laner
    Active--really helps him stick on his first target, and Darius needs to stick to his target, keep up that passive of his, and help him reset that ultimate.
    Botrk is also 500g cheaper.
    Trinity is a form of strategy, yeah? I haven't tried that out but it seems pretty interesting.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Ooooo is this another joke thread?

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Ooooo is this another joke thread?
    Nope nope nope

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Prude View Post
    Trinity is a form of strategy, yeah? I haven't tried that out but it seems pretty interesting.
    Trinity force works best on caster physical damage dealers and mixed.
    Corki, Ezreal, Lucian are the prime users of ADCs. Kog Maw can also use it to good effect.
    Top lane Jax and Irelia are the best users.
    In jungle there are a few champions that can use it quite well but you need to be really fed to get it because of the price of the item.

Just general crap about my play
    Spoiler warning:
    I'm a Silver III player, I rarely play ranked, just enough to keep off the LP decay.
    I play any role, prefer support because when I first started playing a lot no one would play the warding bot support was used for.
    Champions I play
    Top--Ryze, Riven, Shen, Kennen
    Mid--LeBlanc, Ahri, Lulu, Orianna, Ziggs, Xerath
    Jungle--Vi, Evelynn (jungle is my least preferred role)
    ADC--Caitlyn, Jinx, Sivir, Ezreal, Miss Fortune
    Support--Thresh, Leona, Nami, Morgana, Sona.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Trinity force works best on caster physical damage dealers and mixed.
    Corki, Ezreal, Lucian are the prime users of ADCs. Kog Maw can also use it to good effect.
    Top lane Jax and Irelia are the best users.
    In jungle there are a few champions that can use it quite well but you need to be really fed to get it because of the price of the item.

Just general crap about my play
    Spoiler warning:
    I'm a Silver III player, I rarely play ranked, just enough to keep off the LP decay.
    I play any role, prefer support because when I first started playing a lot no one would play the warding bot support was used for.
    Champions I play
    Top--Ryze, Riven, Shen, Kennen
    Mid--LeBlanc, Ahri, Lulu, Orianna, Ziggs, Xerath
    Jungle--Vi, Evelynn (jungle is my least preferred role)
    ADC--Caitlyn, Jinx, Sivir, Ezreal, Miss Fortune
    Support--Thresh, Leona, Nami, Morgana, Sona.
    Wow Silver III! Seems pretty good.
    Ohh yes Jungle is pretty difficult. I've only done it once! It seems really important though.
    Ah, I was thinking of going for some more top-heavy players since I've only done support and mid so far. Riven might be my choice next.
    I am very much into Elise, but that is only for aesthetics She is expensive though, and Riven is not. And I also have not ever gone top!

I am learning to be more aggressive as a player, so hopefully I will be getting better and getting kills. Right now, I hardly get any kills.

And anyway, I had some questions regarding this Ori guide by skiLLY (I think this guide is for ranked, but it is still helpful nonetheless)

Spoiler warning:
    "This is where Orianna starts getting fun. You can get to either side lanes quickly for ganks or counter ganking because of your W speed boost. Kindly ask your jungler for blue, either the 2nd blue (7:20) if they started blue or the 3rd blue (12:XX) If they do give you blue you want to spam your spells mid and push your lane, and while your lane is pushing look to gank either side lanes where your opponents are over extending. You dont want to be trading farm mid because if you have 100cs so will he so it's not benificial to your team, so you want to be constantly ganking."

I've caught on to terminology, but what does it mean to 'ganks' and what do they mean by asking your jungler for blue? What does blue mean? what is cs?
    Last edited by Prude; 30th-June-2014 at 17:16.

Thanks
    EP Points

There's a nice wiki with a summary of every lol term in existence. It's definition of Gank is good: "To ambush one or more unsuspecting enemies with one or more champions."

Blue is the blue buff, it's granted to a player when you kill the large minion in the jungle, the blue buff grants cooldown reduction & increased damage. Asking for blue means asking your jungler to help you kill the large minion which gives the blue buff, even though you as the AP mid get hte last hit, getting the buff.

CS means Creep Score, it's a tally of how many minions you've last hit.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Tassadar View Post
    There's a nice wiki with a summary of every lol term in existence. It's definition of Gank is good: "To ambush one or more unsuspecting enemies with one or more champions."

Blue is the blue buff, it's granted to a player when you kill the large minion in the jungle, the blue buff grants cooldown reduction & increased damage. Asking for blue means asking your jungler to help you kill the large minion which gives the blue buff, even though you as the AP mid get hte last hit, getting the buff.

Oooh thank you for the link & telling me what those terms mean.

Ah, so something like the dragon then? Hmm, I'm guessing the jungler would have to be 'friendly' to agree to this? Or is it just routine sorta? How long does this blue buff last?

Thanks
    EP Points

Yes, sort of like dragon, in most games were the jungler is even remotely active you should begin taking blue before people get into lane, most people help the jungler take either the red or blue buff early on. Dragon grants gold to every member of the team REGARDLESS OF WHERE THEY ARE and experience to the champions who attack it and help take dragon. It's in everybody on the teams interest to take dragon so yes junglers should regularly target it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Blue buff gives you 10% CDR (cool down reduction on your spells) and extra mana regen, it gives you no damage at all.

Red buff gives you a slow added you your basic attacks and a small true damage burn on each auto as well.

Oooh thank you for the link & telling me what those terms mean.

Ah, so something like the dragon then? Hmm, I'm guessing the jungler would have to be 'friendly' to agree to this? Or is it just routine sorta? How long does this blue buff last?
    It honestly depends on the jungler and what champ they are playing, and what champ you are playing mid lane. Also depends if they are behind the other jungler and what not.

Buff lasts for 2 1/2 minutes I think, unless you take the mastery in utility tree that increases the time by 30%

Forgot to add, if you kill someone with a blue/red buff or both, you get those buffs with fresh timers, so even if they had 1 sec left on the buffs, you get them for your 2 1/2 mins.
    Last edited by Sheras; 30th-June-2014 at 17:43.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Blue buff gives you 10% CDR (cool down reduction on your spells) and extra mana regen, it gives you no damage at all.

Red buff gives you a slow added you your basic attacks and a small true damage burn on each auto as well.

It honestly depends on the jungler and what champ they are playing, and what champ you are playing mid lane. Also depends if they are behind the other jungler and what not.

Buff lasts for 2 1/2 minutes I think, unless you take the mastery in utility tree that increases the time by 30%

Forgot to add, if you kill someone with a blue/red buff or both, you get those buffs with fresh timers, so even if they had 1 sec left on the buffs, you get them for your 2 1/2 mins.
    150 seconds is pretty alright! That's cool. You can get their buffs if you kill them! Awesome.

Yes, sort of like dragon, in most games were the jungler is even remotely active you should begin taking blue before people get into lane, most people help the jungler take either the red or blue buff early on. Dragon grants gold to every member of the team REGARDLESS OF WHERE THEY ARE and experience to the champions who attack it and help take dragon. It's in everybody on the teams interest to take dragon so yes junglers should regularly target it.
    Ah okay. So before minions spawn, you should go after 'blue' like, help your jung get the blue/red buffs? Ah okay, that makes perfect sense.

The only runes I got were armour penetrations and cool down, but I'm only lvl 12 so I don't have the 2nd tier.

I have question about runes...when you get the ones that scale on levels, is it too late to reorganize and get those +1 points towards a certain attribute as you gain levels? Or can you reset them?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

150 seconds is pretty alright! That's cool. You can get their buffs if you kill them! Awesome.

Ah okay. So before minions spawn, you should go after 'blue' like, help your jung get the blue/red buffs? Ah okay, that makes perfect sense.

The only runes I got were armour penetrations and cool down, but I'm only lvl 12 so I don't have the 2nd tier.

I have question about runes...when you get the ones that scale on levels, is it too late to reorganize and get those +1 points towards a certain attribute as you gain levels? Or can you reset them?
    Yes, you should help your jungler get their first buff (if they are on your half of the map that is), mid laner should help regardless, this is called a "leash". It helps the jungler not take so much damage at such an early level, because a typical jungle route is buff, small camp (usually wolves) then the 2nd buff, and gank a lane, and if they are low health when they come for a gank, they might give up a kill to an opposing laner (thus giving them both buffs) which screws over your teammate(s) in that lane.

DO NOT BUY LOW TIER RUNES PRUDE. THEY ARE TERRIBLE, WAIT UNTIL YOU ARE LEVEL 20 TO BUY ANY RUNES, THAT IS WHEN YOU UNLOCK THE HIGHEST TIER RUNES. THE RUNE COMBINER IS TERRIBLE, DO NOT USE IT.

You should save up quite a handful of IP before lvl 20 to buy runes, I had like 100K IP I believe when I hit 20 and that didn't even cover the 2 standard rune pages you need to set up. When you hit lvl 20 let me know and I'll guide you through the rune purchases.
    Last edited by Sheras; 30th-June-2014 at 20:25.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yes, you should help your jungler get their first buff (if they are on your half of the map that is), mid laner should help regardless, this is called a "leash". It helps the jungler not take so much damage at such an early level, because a typical jungle route is buff, small camp (usually wolves) then the 2nd buff, and gank a lane, and if they are low health when they come for a gank, they might give up a kill to an opposing laner (thus giving them both buffs) which screws over your teammate(s) in that lane.

DO NOT BUY LOW TIER RUNES PRUDE. THEY ARE TERRIBLE, WAIT UNTIL YOU ARE LEVEL 20 TO BUY ANY RUNES, THAT IS WHEN YOU UNLOCK THE HIGHEST TIER RUNES. THE RUNE COMBINER IS TERRIBLE, DO NOT USE IT.

You should save up quite a handful of IP before lvl 20 to buy runes, I had like 100K IP I believe when I hit 20 and that didn't even cover the 2 standard rune pages you need to set up. When you hit lvl 20 let me know and I'll guide you through the rune purchases.
    Oh shiiiiiit I bought 4 or 5 they were really cheap though. UGH

THANK YOU. I WILL NOT TOUCH THEM. I'm glad I didn't waste any more IP than I needed to thank god.

I was confused as to whether or not they were a good idea, so I'm glad I didn't spend that much IP.

Whoa damn I understand some things a lot more now. So it pretty much sucks if your jungler gets killed while trying to gank! It's important to help out the jungler then! Ah well, a good team that communicates are usually the ones that win anyway. Thanks for explaining that process though, I literally didn't understand anything about ganking or jungling but it really all makes sense now.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Oh shiiiiiit I bought 4 or 5 they were really cheap though. UGH

THANK YOU. I WILL NOT TOUCH THEM. I'm glad I didn't waste any more IP than I needed to thank god.

I was confused as to whether or not they were a good idea, so I'm glad I didn't spend that much IP.

Whoa damn I understand some things a lot more now. So it pretty much sucks if your jungler gets killed while trying to gank! It's important to help out the jungler then! Ah well, a good team that communicates are usually the ones that win anyway. Thanks for explaining that process though, I literally didn't understand anything about ganking or jungling but it really all makes sense now.
    Jungling is probably the hardest role IMO. You need to have the best map awareness of anyone since you will be deciding what lane to go help out, if you can dive the tower to get the kill, or if a lane is really pushed up. Objective control (dragons and baron) falls to you as well, since you are the one that carries the summoner spell Smite (390-1000dmg to minions/monsters depending on your level) Champions in the jungle usually have a gap closer, or CC. The most popular junglers are
    Elise (has been since her launch about a year and a half ago now) amazing in every aspect, great damage without having to build damage (because of the % HP her Q does in both human and spider forms) good jungle camp clear times since she can have two spells at level 1 (take W first), good ganker, E is a stun in human form, in spider form good gap closer.
    Lee Sin, huge damage early game, not gated by mana (he uses energy), good ganks (gap closer and a slow)
    Evelynn, little different playstyle with her since she is invisible unless enemy is within a certain radius of her or you attack. Mostly involves flanking behind people and surprising them. This makes her my favorite, don't have to worry about their wards, you can just walk through them without a care.
    I can go on but I won't

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

damn this is some major server crashing going on.