Thread: Troubles with VBA 1.8.0 B3

Thanks

Default Troubles with VBA 1.8.0 B3

Hello! I'm a bit new here, so please be kind to me~
    I seem to be having trouble with my VBA as it has moved in performance from 100% to 60-50%
    I have tested this out on about 2 roms, both experiencing the same lag.
    I have also tested this out on a few other emulators, all of them experiencing the same lag.
    I have done all the little tips and tricks on how to speed up the emulation, but nothing seems to be working.
    My computer is perfectly capable of running the emulators (most computers are)
    Please help!

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Have you tried using the better up to date Visual boy Advance M or any other emulators in general?
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

What games are you trying and what are your system specs?

We need that information before we can give valid advice

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

I've been using Yu-Gi-Oh Ultimate Masters - World Championship and a couple of Pokemon rom hacks including Pokemon Glazed! and Pokemon Liquid Crystal. The lag happens randomly; it works perfectly fine then goes back to all laggy hell after 20ish minutes.
    Does the fact that it's using about 30K of memory contribute to anything?

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Um, You might want to install speedfan and check your temps, your GPU might be overheating, this is just a guess on past experiences .
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

If you're using a laptop then overheating might be a concern, if it's a desktop though I highly doubt VBA is going to be able to stress it enough to do that. Just to be on the safe side though you should probably get some canned air or an air compressor and blow all the dust out of your fans & vents. Also as Gobby mentioned you really should be using VBA-M instead of VBA 1.8. In case you haven't downloaded it yet, here's a link; http://sourceforge.net/projects/vbam/

Quote Originally Posted by soulspanker View Post
    Does the fact that it's using about 30K of memory contribute to anything?
    If by that you mean kilobytes then no way, that's incredibly low ram usage for any program.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"