Thread: Giant Gram help

Thanks

Default Giant Gram help

Ive beeen trying to get this game for Deamcast to work forever. Idont know if Im not doing something right or im an idiot but its clear Im a noob. I dont care if its on MAME or an DC emu but pls help thanks

Thanks
    EP Points

You should use Nulldc for emulating dreamcast games. I don't think it'll work on MAME.
    Nulldc is pretty self explanatory. You just need an image of the game which you can download from this site.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Vibhor For This Useful Post:

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Use either NullDC or Demul both are good Dreamcast emulators but you do require a beefyish system to run those smoothly, you either need a cdi image or a gdi image

MAME does not emulate the Dreamcast but does have basic NAOMI support but not enough to make NAOMI arcade games playable

NullDC-NAOMI can play those though along with a few others NAOMI arcade emulators
    Last edited by Zorlon; 28th-June-2014 at 15:42.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

thanks i got null dc working at least but when i load the game and hit play it says insert game disc is there smthg else i should be doing 1st?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

What format is the game in?

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

1 is a .cdi 1 is a gdi its 2 different giant grams the 1 came with bin files too?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

just use the gdi version that should have bin files with it, you need all the files, so make sure you have those extracted to the same folder

first make sure the region is setup correctly in NullDC (Options - nullDC Settings - System Region - JAP)

second (File - Normal Boot) at this point it should pop open a window, hit the ... button and select the gdi file (the other files are auto read and must be in the same folder as the gdi) then hit OK to start the emulation

It should work from there on wards, though I have never tested this exact game with nullDC, but if you want me to I can do, I should have the GDI image on an external HDD, but I usually play Dreamcast games on my Dreamcast

Note: Do not rename any files except for the gdi file itself, you can rename the GDI file if you wish but all other files must not be renamed)

Quick Q but what version of nullDC did you download?
    Last edited by Zorlon; 28th-June-2014 at 16:17.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

1.04 sry took my son to the park also when i loaded it before when it wasnt working the xbox controller was working now it doesnt seem to be is the a way to turn it back on
    grr and changing to jap was a nogo it stilll says insert game disc on DC menu

I got part 2 working at least but not part 1 or 3 but im happy for now maybe there was somthing wrong with the 1 i got from this site or it wasnt compatible with the emulator or smthg anyways ty very much for your help bro
    Last edited by deadlegion; 28th-June-2014 at 20:18. Reason: merged posts

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Not even sure what you are saying but sounds like you are playing the game so I will say enjoy the game and hope it was worth all the messing to get it working in the first place

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Where did you get the gdi?
    I have the game in almost every other possible format and can't get it to run on reicast. It needs a gdi.
    I even own the game legitimately twice because it's the best. I just can't hook my DC up to any monitor and I want to play on my phone.
    Any help getting the gdi or if there's something I can do to convert it would be greatly appreciated.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Please try and avoid umping up old threads

You can put in a request for it in the Dreamcast Uploads section if it is no longer there.

http://www.epforums.org/forumdisplay...reamcast-Links

P.S. Welcome to the forums

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post: