View Poll Results: Video Format

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Soft Blur

1 5.26%
  • Crisp

18 94.74%

Thread: Which Video Effect Do You Prefer?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Which Video Effect Do You Prefer?

Hey, everybody! Just wanted to ask and see which video effect you prefer. It's for my future YouTube videos.

To view them entirely, click on the image.

Soft Blur:
    Screen Shot 2014-06-26 at 3.15.00 PM.jpg
    softblur2.jpg

Crisp:
    crisp2.png
    crisp1.png
    Thanks for your opinions, guys!

-SuperMew98

NOTE: If you missed it, the poll is at the top of the page.
    Last edited by SuperMew98; 26th-June-2014 at 22:55.

Thanks
    EP Points

Crisp, always. Never been a fan of blur.

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm with Gare on this. Always Crisp.

Thanks
    EP Points

same here unless its that fliter thing on kega fusion, kinda like how that looks.

on youtube, long as its 360p or higher its fine with me. as in, as long as you can actually SEE what your watching instead of a pixelated blob of a video which youtube regularly tries to force me to watch (really wish i could disable that stupid auto quality setting entirely and have all videos STAY at 360p or higher all the time).

Thanks
    EP Points

@treos I'm not really sure on what quality my videos are, but I know they're not lower than 360p.

And on Kega Fusion (at least on mine), this is what it looks like without filters:
    Screen Shot 2014-06-29 at 3.18.32 PM.png
    There are lots of filters out there for Kega Fusion, and also other emulators, so it's kinda hard to understand which filter you mean.
    Last edited by SuperMew98; 29th-June-2014 at 20:34.

Thanks
    EP Points

Crisp

Thanks
    EP Points

well, for kega fusion it doesn't say what filter it is in either the menu or readme so i'm not sure. heres what it looks like the following with it turned off and on:

http://imgur.com/ufHVitk,fG2dCxI

first image has the filter turned off, second has it on. i also have "Use NTSC Aspect to remove the black areas on the top and bottom of the screen (stretches the picture vertically a bit but not much). it gives things more of a smooth, if a tad blurry, look with the filter turned on.

edit: as for your youtube videos, supermew98, yours look to be anywhere from 360p to 720phd. try loading one of your videos (like that one titled: Oh No! More Lemmings (DOS) Walkthrough Part 1) and start it set at 360p (click that little cog thing below the video...you likely know that already ) then, while the video is still running, switch it to 240p. not much of a difference as far as i can tell (good quality video so its not that big of a difference in this case). next switch it to 144p and get a load of the blur. on many youtube videos, anything under 360p is more or less unviewable for me as it completely kills the video quality entirely. its especially bad when games have a font size to any in-game text similar to the forums here as it can turn the normally easy to read text into a big blurry blob among other things.

only downside is youtube tends to stop and buffer a lot, for me at least, with videos set to 360p or higher but thats a price i'm willing to pay to not sit around watching blurry blobs instead of decent quality videos.
    Last edited by treos; 6th-July-2014 at 02:37.

Thanks
    EP Points

Your screenshot looked like it would be classified as 'Crisp', at least to me. But I'll do that for future Sega Genesis/CD/32X games.

edit: I did see a slight difference between 360p and 240p, but 720p seems to follow out the 'Crisp' aspect perfectly, by the way.
    Last edited by SuperMew98; 7th-July-2014 at 15:00.

Thanks
    EP Points

the one with the filter on? huh, well it does make things look more smooth that way.

as for youtube, thats because 480p and below is standard and 720p or higher is hd.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yes. I'll try to use the filter you described.

And also yes, I already knew about the video qualities. I just said that to tell everyone how they could see the crisp effect when I use it.

Thanks
    EP Points

I pick secret option C, NTSC filter
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks
    EP Points

Just uploaded a video to YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pH-yfZESDyI

Watch it at 720p and tell me how it looks.