Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon fire red emulator won't continue after beating elite four?

Thanks

Default Pokemon fire red emulator won't continue after beating elite four?

Hey everyone, I'm new here and have a question about a vba emulator in which I played Pokemon fire red in.
    I have been playing it for some time now and finally beat the elite four, however, when I thought the game would continue, and after "THE END" appeared after the credits, it told me it was "missing a circuit board" and something about a corrupt file, the game just started all over again. What I would have to do for it to continue after or would I have to start all over? Attached is the .sav and .sgm files for my game (the save is right after beating the elite four and the rival). Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Have a look and see what the attached save is, it was in my GBA saves, I don't remember what it is exactly to be honest not had a chance to check yet, but if that is much the same save as yours but works let me know, I may be able to hack in your characters name or something

The last Pokemon hacking I done was for a ticket of some sort that I remember but I think that was emerald
    Attached Files Attached Files

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

I'm not sure if I'm opening it correctly or not but I copied the folder in which I already had my saves and everything and deleted the .sav file I already had, then tried opening up this file in the gba and it said unsupported file. Am I doing something wrong? It only shows me the .sgm files to open but not any of the .sav files.
    Last edited by virescence; 24th-June-2014 at 00:20.

Thanks

This is what it shows me
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It's not a save state it's a battery file

I don't have time to do anything today though

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Could you just possibly tell me how I should open it though? Sorry I'm just a little confused I guess >.<

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

replace your current battery file (just rename the old one then make sure the downloaded one is named what the old one was named)

If the save is no good though, then when I get more time I will look into it for you (I'm not even sure why I had that zipped in my GBA folder so not sure what it was for)

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

I did that and it wouldn't load again; also I clicked on the import the battery file option and I got this message which I don't really want to take chances with

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

stop importing stuff if you replace the sav file it auto loads the battery, just use the normal options inside the game, like you would with a real GBA

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

I did all that but for some reason it either fails to load or it just shows me my most recent save

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Well if you can't master that there is little point in me fixing any saves either :/

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Well I did exactly what you told me to and it's just not loading, I don't know why?

Maybe I'm just doing this wrong. Do I have to delete the previous .sgm files?
    Last edited by Zorlon; 24th-June-2014 at 16:38. Reason: evil double post, please use edit post to add more info

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

rename the .sav file to Pokemon FireRed.sav (I told you to do that in post #7 but from the screen grab you have not) load the game normally (do not load any save states) start the game normally like you would on a real console

sgm files are save states
    Last edited by Zorlon; 24th-June-2014 at 16:45.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Whoops, I sent you the wrong screenshot. I did rename it in my other folder (I made a copy of the folder and have been going through both of them). When you say "start the game normally", I don't know what you mean without loading the save states because whenever I have started the game I always open the vba and then click file>open>.gba file that loads my last save. Otherwise it's just a black screen and there's no game.

I took off the auto-load option I had and just started it up, but now it's just going to the beginning of the game.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 24th-June-2014 at 20:17. Reason: stop double posting

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Please stop double posting I will get back to you on this I have been busy recently with other things so have not had the time to look at this properly on my end yet.

There are still a few things that have been asked of me before this also.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]