Thread: Dolphin suddendly ran slow

Thanks

Default Dolphin suddendly ran slow

Hi guys !

I have a problem with my Dolphin emulator, here is the issue :
    I first installed Dolphin 4.0 but Mario Kart Wii was unplayable. Then I tried with Dolphin 3.5
    and there was absolutely no problem, always running at 100% with a good FPS, even with good graphics
    settings. I played like this for like 5 days and suddendly, when I tried to play another time it was
    not possible anymore, the game going down to 50% in the menus and even 30% in the game.

The fact is that I did not change any graphic setting, and my hardware was strictly the same. I tried
    to uninstall and reinstall a several times, but it changes nothing. I udpated my drivers, and it's still
    the same. I also checked with realtemp and my processor is not overheating at all (50°C in normal, 57°C
    when running Dolphin.

I've been trying since 3 days different solutions, using different graphics and so on.
    There are not a lot of people with the same problem on internet so it's quite difficult to find
    a solution.

Btw, here's my configuration :

- Intel core I5 3210M CPu @2.50 ~ 2.70 GHz (turbo mode)
    - RAM : 4Gb
    - AMD Radeon HD 8750M avec 1 Go dedicated memory
    - Windows 8.1 64 bits, processor x64

I've been trying since a few days and I start to be pissed off, I hope you guys will help me to find
    a solution, thanks !

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Swann_of_a_bitch View Post
    - Intel core I5 3210M CPu @2.50 ~ 2.70 GHz (turbo mode)
    Before I begin, I'm not surprised that 3.5 worked well on this while it did, as it's a much, much older version and didn't have to do things as accurately as the later versions/revisions do

Now, that being said, people on Dolphin's forums themselves almost always recommend at least an i7-4700MQ/i7-4930MX (or anything other than a Y/U mobile processor) for the best results on a laptop. Furthermore, I believe the CPU needs to be running at least 3GHz but I'm not so sure on that front.. Basically, I don't think your CPU can handle Dolphin on the more recent versions

BUT, you can give the latest development build a go. They tend to have much more stability/speed than the latest stable builds and such and, frankly, there isn't much to lose at this point (aside from a bit of time, but meh)

Thanks

Yeah, try the development build. You can download it from here:-
    Windows: x32-https://mega.co.nz/#!SAdSGKrY!WZVwq1...OjX4yzOz0QmoDw
    x64-https://mega.co.nz/#!XBMBVSqB!8scMfd...DA4NnZKSV3BKiE
    Mac OS X: link-https://mega.co.nz/#!aI9H3RzY!WdjIJW...tTDMhlxnECipT0.
    Enjoy!
    Last edited by v074; 22nd-July-2014 at 17:51. Reason: To add links