Thread: Need help running Wolfenstein 3D (J) on Neko Project II, Please

Thanks

Default Need help running Wolfenstein 3D (J) on Neko Project II, Please

Hello.

I can load wolf 3D into Neko Project II, but when i hit '1' to start the game, it hangs. '2' will bring up the setup menu just fine. the rom is fine, as it will run in PC-98 just fine. I have a windows CE gps system in my car, and want to run NP II in my car. Any help appreciated.

Thank you,

James

TBL

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Moved to Mobile devices as you are not emulating on a computer system but on a GPS system, not sure if that would be a mobile system or not but this section seems to most fitting

I will check out the windows version (I don't have any Windows CE devices except for the Dreamcast) of Neko Project II as soon as I can (might not be today though I have plans for the day)

Anyway I will check if any special setting are required for that game in Neko Project II

EDIT:-

http://www.mediator-software.com/pocketdos/download.htm might be of interest if it can run the original DOS version of Wolf3D

There might even be a direct port of Wolf3D for WindowsCE, not looked for that though

EDIT:-

I don't seem to have Wolfenstein 3D for the Nec PC-98 (possible outdated sets though not looked in to PC 98 games for years now)

EDIT: found it but can't boot it with Neko Project II, much the same as the WinCE port it will boot the hdi image fine and let you change settings but it will not run past that

If you are just wanting to play that game though look for winCE ports of other emulators (Like SNES) possibly even a Wolfenstein 3D port to WinCE
    Last edited by Zorlon; 22nd-June-2014 at 08:44.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thank you, Zorlon.

I have been a 'Wolf' hound ever since i got the alpha version in 1992. Totally blew me away. Many hours of emails and phone calls to warren buss in the early days.

It would be great if the HellRaiser files were found.

James, TBL

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The HellRaiser TC is without release just a couple of screen grabs of progress

Though yeah looks cool

I couldn't find a WinCE port of Wolf3D :/

I am sure there is bound to be a SNES emu port though or possibly a GBA emu port both systems have Wolfenstein 3D

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR