Thread: Problem extracting Super Mario Sunshine

Thanks

Question Problem extracting Super Mario Sunshine

Hi! I am kind of a noob when it comes to these emulator things, So I was wondering if anyone can catch on for me what I am doing wrong! I'd really, reallyyyyyyyy love to play some old Gamecube Games that I grew up on using Dolphin, but I just can't seem to get it right.

I have been having a problem with this "extracting" business. I don't know what exactly to do with what, as in what to extract it, where, and when. What is the difference between "Extract Files", and "Extract Here"? Can that maybe be why I am messing up and unable to open the files?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STtdflJGIkg
    (For those who are helping me and decide to watch the video...the majority of the video is explaining the certain requirements needed for download such as Dolphin and WinRAR. Please just skip to 5:10.)
    I was using the above link as a resource...and my biggest issue is at the time of 5:30. In his file, he has a Disk Image .ISO file, which he says is what is needed to be extracted in order to play the games on Dolphin. As many different times and as many different websites (I've tried CoolRoms, Emuparadise, ISOZone, and others) I tried...NONE OF MY FILES HAD THAT ICON FILE; THAT .ISO DISK IMAGE FILE WHICH HE SAYS IS NEEDED TO BE EXTRACTED!! THEY ONLY HAD THE .RAR FILE WITH THE RED, BLUE AND GREEN BOOK! Therefore, I have absolutely no idea how to get my games to work!!! I even tried to open the RAR file and extract it using 7Zip instead of WinRAR...BUT I STILL DO NOT GET THAT DISK IMAGE .ISO FILE!!!

I am using Windows XP, 64-Bit Computer, so the WinRAR and Dolphin I downloaded was 64-Bit. Can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong?!?! I have tried to download both Mario Sunshine and Starfox Adventures, and both times I do not get the .ISO Disk Image File. There are soo many games that I want to download like Super Smash Bros, Metroid Prime, and Tales of Symphonia, SO CAN ANYBODY PLEASE HELP ME OUT?!?

I hope I gave as much information needed to solve the issue I am having, and I really appreciate the time for those helping out for reading my problem. Thank you everyone!

THANKS!

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

What files do you get then?

P.S. use less caps please

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Sorry for the caps.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	410 
Size:	87.1 KB 
ID:	41541

This first picture is exactly what the download looks right after I downloaded the ROM file from Emuparadise.
    (Sorry...I have 3 more pictures but it wont let me add them all on this post >< Im sorry!)

Btw....this is me trying to download Super Smash Bros Melee now.....the same exact things happen when I am trying to download every other game, including Mario Sunshine.

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	337 
Size:	90.2 KB 
ID:	41542

This second picture is when I right-click and click Extract Files. This is what happens.

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	308 
Size:	66.1 KB 
ID:	41543

This is the third picture when after I Extracted Melee (and all the other games) in a new folder.

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	426 
Size:	77.9 KB 
ID:	41544

And this is what it says when I just try to double click it..

I don't understand why it says its an .ISO file, but it looks like an .RAR file...AND it doesn't work in dolphin. Also, in the video I showed in my first comment, the guy says I need a Disk Image File, which I do not apparently have.

(Again...sorry for all the big pictures and for the many replies!)

I don't understand why it says its an .ISO file, but it looks like an .RAR file...AND it doesn't work in dolphin. Also, in the video I showed in my first comment, the guy says I need a Disk Image File, which I do not apparently have.

(Again...sorry for all the big pictures and for the many replies!)
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 16th-June-2014 at 17:53. Reason: use the EDIT POST button: multiple posting in a row isn't allowed

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

it looks like an rar file because winrar is associated with iso files it but that does not make a difference that is still an iso file and that file can be read directly with dolphin, you just need to set dolphin to look in the correct folder for the game

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Oooh it worked!!! I just assumed that it wouldn't work because it did not look like the guys in the video but it is playing.
    Thank you soooo much for helping me with all the other problems I was complaining about!

Well***Melee is working. Hopefully the other games work as well but still...Thanks for the help!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yep, happens to everyone. I suggest associating ISO files with another program, so you never mistake them for archives. I also suggest going to folder options and checking the box to "display known file extensions."

Thanks

Yea I totally agree...Don't want to go through this again. Thanks guys!

Thanks
    EP Points

Enjoy the game! Melee is pretty good. Just one thing how fast is it running? If it's running slowly I can help

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Eh, kinda old thread, no need to revive it unless the OP had any other problem