Thread: Dolphin crashes on launch of SSBM

Thanks

Unhappy Dolphin crashes on launch of SSBM

I'm running 64bit Windows 8. Dolphin crashes as soon as I launch Super Smash Brothers Melee.

Thanks
    EP Points

This is sort of a shot in the dark but I imagine it's one of two things. Either your hardware is missing some specific feature that Dolphin requires, or you need a different version of the emulator.

Which version of Dolphin are you using, and what sort of specs does your computer have (particularly the CPU and video card)?
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MaslowK View Post
    This is sort of a shot in the dark but I imagine it's one of two things. Either your hardware is missing some specific feature that Dolphin requires, or you need a different version of the emulator.

Which version of Dolphin are you using, and what sort of specs does your computer have (particularly the CPU and video card)?
    CPU is Intel i5 3230M, 2.60GHz.
    Video Card is Intel HD Graphics 4000.
    Dolphin 4.0-1798.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by BasedJoey View Post
    CPU is Intel i5 3230M, 2.60GHz.
    Quote Originally Posted by dolphin-emu.org
    Intel: Newer Core i5 and i7 processors such as the i5-4670K and i5-3570K are extremely fast and very affordable considering their relative power. The K series allows for overclocking, which can further improve the performance of those CPUs. Core i7 variants yield almost no benefit in IPC over the i5s they are based on, so save the cash if you’re building a Dolphin machine. For laptops, you can rely on the i7-4700MQ and i7-4930MX for the absolute best performance. Most games will run very well on any of those processors.
    CPUVideo Card is Intel HD Graphics 4000.
    Quote Originally Posted by dolphin-emu.org
    Intel Onboard: Intel HD3000 and HD4000 can run Dolphin at reasonable speeds, and can even run many games with enhancements; but they will struggle with demanding titles. A full fledged graphics card is highly recommended. IGPs older than the HD3000 are not supported.
    CPUDolphin 4.0-1798.
    Use 4.0.2 that is the latest stable version found at the main page https://dolphin-emu.org/ before trying Dev versions that may have extra bugs added while trying to improve the emulator during development stages

You are getting at least the min requirements, please be aware that windows 8 itself does use more resources though than windows 7 that is recommended, your machine is a little under powered but you should be able to run some of the less demanding games

See https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/guides/performance-guide/ for basic setups, though best to start with defaults at first then tweak when needed
    See https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.p...sh_Bros._Melee for info on the game Super Smash Bros. Melee for fixing issues with that game

Sounds like a general setup issue or a bad disc image, possible that you have not fully extracted the disc image also

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Use 4.0.2 that is the latest stable version found at the main page https://dolphin-emu.org/ before trying Dev versions that may have extra bugs added while trying to improve the emulator during development stages

You are getting at least the min requirements, please be aware that windows 8 itself does use more resources though than windows 7 that is recommended, your machine is a little under powered but you should be able to run some of the less demanding games

See https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/guides/performance-guide/ for basic setups, though best to start with defaults at first then tweak when needed
    See https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.p...sh_Bros._Melee for info on the game Super Smash Bros. Melee for fixing issues with that game

Sounds like a general setup issue or a bad disc image, possible that you have not fully extracted the disc image also
    Sound skips at end of stage.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

OK don't post your new specs then, that is not going to help anyone wanting to help you.

P.S. this is where my personal help stops anyway, I use real hardware

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    OK don't post your new specs then, that is not going to help anyone wanting to help you.

P.S. this is where my personal help stops anyway, I use real hardware
    I've fixed it by downgrading to 3.0.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

That's great, and thank you for reporting back

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]