Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: i feel bad

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Seriously? Once you realize that buying games at Gamestop leaves that Dev's family crying and hungry just as much as downloading it, maybe you will feel better. And unless you are downloading PS3/4 or XBOX One games, this is really a moot point. Do you really believe that Final Fantasy(NES) can still be bought in any way that will benefit the game developer? Hence the term "abandonware"

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    Well now, on the PS3 there's the Collector's Edition, the Limited Edition, and the standard copy. Then the Vita has the standard copy, and a version that has some art cards bundled inside.

I ignored all the DLC codes I was given. I'm probably never going to redeem them, or sell them, or anything. Maybe I'd care if they came on some pretty pieces of cardboard or something like they used too... I've bought expired DLC cards before
    Ah okay, I'm not too into variants so I wasn't aware. Didn't know about the LE or the art cards with the Vita.

Quote Originally Posted by skullpoker View Post
    Seriously? Once you realize that buying games at Gamestop leaves that Dev's family crying and hungry just as much as downloading it, maybe you will feel better. And unless you are downloading PS3/4 or XBOX One games, this is really a moot point. Do you really believe that Final Fantasy(NES) can still be bought in any way that will benefit the game developer? Hence the term "abandonware"
    Nailed it.

Thanks
    EP Points

Pirating indie games is when you're actually being a dick, though.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    Pirating indie games is when you're actually being a dick, though.
    Why would you ever do that?

Spoiler warning:
    Playing an indie game in the first place that is.

Thanks
    EP Points

gypsy pls

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

On a serious note I don't pirate any game that's available for purchase new from a retailer or online service. I do pirate games I have but that's another thing entirely imo.

Edit: Not trying to judge anyone. Everyone has different financial situations etc...

Thanks
    EP Points

http://isthereanydeal.com/

you're welcome.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by gezegond View Post
    Is it link to useful sites day?

http://slickdeals.net/

That one has saved me some big bucks.

Thanks
    EP Points

Why is this my first time hearing of these sites? Fuck I feel left behind.

Oh and GreenManGaming is pretty good. The site may seem suspect at first but they're legit and shit discount coupons every other day. I bought a few things from them myself.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Slickdeals is good, I have it bookmarked.

Yeah I've seen greenman linked to on deals sites and deals sections in various forums. They are in fact legit.

Thanks
    EP Points

I've been dealing with Slickdeals for years. Good stuff.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    Why is this my first time hearing of these sites? Fuck I feel left behind.

Oh and GreenManGaming is pretty good. The site may seem suspect at first but they're legit and shit discount coupons every other day. I bought a few things from them myself.
    isthereanydeal.com pulls discount info from tons of sites, GreenManGaming and steam included, among lotsa other sites. It also allows you to set the price you're willing to pay for a game, and once it goes under that it'll send you an email. You can also make collections. It also shows discount history for any game, so you'll know how much it's likely to go down.

tl;dr BOOKMARK AND USE IT.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks
    EP Points

Dear rot83 , and this is just my personal view on it specially for you.
    We must take our times to enjoy good things in life , and games for me and many others can be quite a refuge , pirated or not.
    I don't feel bad for playing the games I play , and most of them are downloaded ( pirated ) since I am not in a wealthy situation to be able to pay for the titles I would wish to own.
    The reason I feel bad is for the situation the world is in , and that many other people who would wish to play games , will not be able to for various reasons.
    From the beginning of time we have had pirated cartridges and so forth , I myself been given them by my parents who also were not able to afford the price of original games.
    We do live in a very unfair world , and games somewhat shouldn't be looked upon with any sadness , besides the bad ones.
    Despite all the piracy , we should take a look at the gaming industry. It is thriving intensively , and I don't know how many years ago it has surpassed the movie industry in profitability , since like you and me , we can play games for hours , but I couldn't watch Saving Private Ryan more than 1 time every few months.
    Despite all the piracy , all the freebie games you can just grab from the Internet , the gaming industry has risen without any threat to its profitability in my view , to have beaten the movie industry its quite an accomplishment and I might be wrong of course , but I would at least like to see maybe one or two examples of someone going poor because of a few thousand downloads .
    In my eyes I just really see them thriving and thriving , earning more and more , and releasing more and more incomplete games .
    Lines and lines before that gaming store so you can get your favorite MMO right at the very second the store opens , get your 15 seconds of fame as you are the first to purchase this , or that game.
    Voice actors actually giving autographs and posing for pictures with hundreds of gamers just waiting in line for their turn.
    Black Friday having amazing profitability on most gaming companies that give discounts during that day on their websites.
    So take it easy my fellow gamer , you are not doing anything wrong by my point of view , and I hope my words can at least make you not feel so bad , keep playing , take some enjoyment out of your games , even if you have downloaded them , and smile !
    Truly yours , DysteR

Thanks

I got pissed after buying a PS1 game and finding out it was... BLANK!!!

So I pirated the software and got a completely playable game.

What gives!? They supply a disc of a game that doesn't work, yet pirating the software yields golden results?!

I hate gaming companies.