Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i feel bad

Thanks

Default i feel bad

i love gaming, i love games, i play every day for 10 h and more, i play everything i play rpgs i play action games, shooters mobas, whenever is good i play it.. and after finishing game any game i see credits and i see all that people who i steal from and i feel bad and i feel disgusting.. this hit me recently very hard when i saw "how to make" video of a games which i played and enjoyed... these people these programers artist voice actors,they give energy time effort to make games to give me enjoyment and im stealing.. i hate myslef for that.. im pirating game since always.. and it was something common.. it was always normal thing.. but after seeing that actually making games is someones way to provide for himself and his family i feel bad.. i m stealing from their table.. like common thief.. nothing more... its is tempting to justify this by my poor status. i have 200 $ for a month, half this i give to my parents for bills and food, what left i trying to save for i dont even know what.. im sorry i feel dirty and disgusting.. pls forgive me.. i cannot change that i wont change that please forgive me for what ive done and what i will be

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

I forgive you.

I used to feel the same way, imagining hungry, crying children and a sad, disappointed spouse. But I kept telling myself that it wasn't my fault, that the capitalistic world we live in had turned me into some sort of monster. Luckily, I came to realize that after getting used to getting shit for free there's no stopping my kleptomania. I can't stop robbing people on the street. No, fuck that, I don't want to stop robbing people on the street. I'm sure they forgive me.

/WAS TOTALLY GOING FOR FUNNY BUT I KEPT HAVING TROUBLES WITH TENSE ETC TIRED AND SICK

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

Thanks
    EP Points

Haven't seen a legendary toast worthy thread in a while.

Thanks
    EP Points

I feel bad too. Sometimes I feel like I'm taking money out of their pockets. I buy games when I can afford it(which isn't often). I just don't have the money to get the games that I want.It's not a good excuse,I'll be the first to admit it.

Thanks
    EP Points

They shouldn't sell blank media. Honestly, you're a victim of circumstance.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,308 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

I feel bad. I keep buying games and games and games and games. And I don't play them at all. They'll sit in their shrinkwrap till their discs rot. I buy multiples for no reason. Like really, will I ever need 5 copies of the FFX HD remaster? I clearly have some sort of mental problem, and game companies are taking advantage of me. I should sue them.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks

you all are funny.. but i was serious and i needed to vent that out of my system. it helped, my conscience is calmer, but issue is still here.. i hope i wont burn in hell

Quote Originally Posted by Iamerror View Post
    I feel bad too. Sometimes I feel like I'm taking money out of their pockets. I buy games when I can afford it(which isn't often). I just don't have the money to get the games that I want.It's not a good excuse,I'll be the first to admit it.
    im doing same thing, i bought couple games via steam just to support somehow this industry, i planed to buy more but im just bad person, despite all that awareness and remorse deep inside in my soul im bad person, not wanting to change a bit. im hypocrite.. i only hope i go through life without harming many people
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 6th-May-2014 at 10:44. Reason: no double posting allowed! use the EDIT POST button to feel better

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

I've "stolen" way more games than I've ever bought. I feel bad when I spend money on a game that turns out to be less than I expected.
    I also regret all the money I spent on arcade machines when I was a kid.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

I dunno, what I can tell you is to wait for discounts, I guess? If you're okay with not getting a game on launch day, it will go down in price, *especially* if you're using Steam. Even the biggest games reach the 10-15 dollar price range eventually, it's hilarious how cheap you can get so many amazing titles. Literally all you have to do is wait until the big summer/autumn/winter sales. God bless Gaben for he delivers nourishment unto our tables.

I'm still waiting for Black Flag to stop being 40 bucks and I'm not even sure if I'll like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    I feel bad. I keep buying games and games and games and games. And I don't play them at all. They'll sit in their shrinkwrap till their discs rot. I buy multiples for no reason.
    You're very welcome to donate them to me, then.

But wait, you seriously have five copies of that or...? I mean, just... why?

Thanks
    EP Points

Variants. Gotta catch em all
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Heh, I do share the same sin and I do ask forgiveness too.
    I've got multiple copies of Metal Gear Solids for various consoles (especially MGS3 with the Substitence, HD and 3DS version) and I'm begging for forgiveness on my knees.

Check my YouTube for gameplay and pickup videos!

Steam|Youtube

Thanks
    EP Points

I feel little to no remorse pirating games that are at least a generation or two behind current gen. They made the money they were going to make off of the games. They get absolutely nothing for the sale of used games. Pirating a hard to find game from a few years ago seems completely legit.
    I double this.
    In my case, the only way to get the old console games - is by pirating them. I want to play them, I want to experience them, so I just go and take what I need from the good old Net.

I always buy the PS3 and PC games though. Mostly digital copies, because prices BITE.

The only time when I tracked the game for not only play, but for the wish to "honor" the developers was when the Game Republic closed down. It took me 4 years since their closure and 7 years since the day I've noticed this title. In the end Folklore became my first PS3 game. Just like I wanted.

Thanks
    EP Points

Imagine how I feel. I just cry through the day and night... Your life must be sunshine and rainbows by comparison.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Are you counting DLC pre-order stuffs? I thought there were only three releases in the US.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Are you counting DLC pre-order stuffs? I thought there were only three releases in the US.
    Well now, on the PS3 there's the Collector's Edition, the Limited Edition, and the standard copy. Then the Vita has the standard copy, and a version that has some art cards bundled inside.

I ignored all the DLC codes I was given. I'm probably never going to redeem them, or sell them, or anything. Maybe I'd care if they came on some pretty pieces of cardboard or something like they used too... I've bought expired DLC cards before