Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kouen and Lasharus - Ye gods they're f'king everywhere!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default Kouen and Lasharus - Ye gods they're f'king everywhere!

Welcome one and welcome all to Kouen and Lasharus' thread where we play anything and everything! We visit games, make a recording, and give our impressions. In short, not full playthroughts, but looks at games (and us) as we play them.

Realms of the Haunting

Today we are looking at Realms of the Haunting, Lash couldn't wait to do his "horror voice" which could be considered horrifying though maybe not in the way he intended!

Viscera Cleanup Detail (Early Access)

The hero left quite a mess behind and its Kouen and Lash's job as newly employed Space Janitors / Sanitation Engineers to fix the place up... or try to at least! Lasharus becomes oddly obsessed with cleaning and Kouen's puns come out FULL FORCE in this, one of our cleanest videos!

Space Farmers
    This time we're farmers. IN SPACE! Welcome to Space Farmers, a story about a bunch of farmers abducted by aliens, needing to escape. Lash, the genteel farmer with monocle and bubble pipe, and Kouen, the gentleman. He's got cat ears, whaddya want!?

Into the Dark: Ultimate Trash Edition
    Kouen and Lasharus embark on a B-Movie/Game Horror adventure with "Into the Dark" and Kouen is in heaven! Lasharus doesn't quite know what to make of the game however which just makes Kouen enjoy it more!

Sonic 3 & Knuckles - Outtakes
    This recording was generally scrapped due to technical issues with Lash's controls as well as some audio issues, but there was some classic moments which have been compiled here.

ROCKETSROCKETSROCKETS
    Kouen and Lasharus polish there rockets and prepare to blast off in Radial Games latest game to hit Steam Early Access! This video also highlights that Lasharus should never under any circumstances be a fighter pilot ever. Like seriously if it's Lash taking on Aliens for the fate of the Earth, We should just surrender.

Robot Roller Derby Disco Dodgeball
    Kouen and Lasharus get the Saturday night fever and boogie on down with Robot Roller Disco Derby Dodgeball, in which a new challenger appears (Battle00333)* and proceeds to dominate us.

Chaos Domain
    Kouen and Lasharus once again find themselves in SPAAAAAAAAAACE! This time Kouen is controlling the Cyber Anubis. We would give you his name but he doesn't appear to have one so we shall call him "Cynubis".

Blackbay Asylum
    Well Kouen and Lasharus finally lost it and have been committed to the Blackbay Asylum! Puzzles, Jokes and Horror await them... and a teddy bear....

Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde (NES)
    By request of "IAMERROR" Kouen and Lasharus play the infamous game "Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde" Lash however cant find what people ranted about... until level 4 that is

*Kouen's Girlfriends Son
    Last edited by Kouen Hasuki; 11th-May-2014 at 23:10.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kouen Hasuki For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The Stanley Parable (Technically 3 Video's in a playlist)
    We might/might not embark on a journey of narrative tropes in video games with the help of Stanley! You may/may not feel many emotions on this journey alongside us and we hope your heart may/is be touched too many times, it could hurt!

Normal:

Kouen's Choices

Lasharus's Choices

Project Root
    Kouen and Lasharus blast off with Project Root, not to be confused with anything dental in a hard as all hell arcade shoot em up! Kouen fails hard at this however as Lasharus finds it hard to stay on topic.

Bubsy 3D (PS1)
    Lasharus: "No... Just no" That about sums it all up really

Mana Crusher
    In today's review, Kouen and Lasharus play Mana Crusher (note to Candy Crush Saga: No, bad, stay back. Down, boy! DOWN!).

Croixleur Sigma / CroixleurΣ(クロワルール・シグマ)
    Today, Kouen and Lasharus embark on a quest to play Croixleur Sigma (pronunciation pending)! An anime-style Japanese hacky slashy maimy kill-a-thon. It's got swords.

Coldfire Keep
    In this episode of Kouen and Lasharus putter about while trying to stay alive, they infiltrate the terrible Coldfire Keep! Which is like fire. But cold. Yes, that joke is also used in the video. Lash liked it. In this old-school Dungeon Crawler adventure, see Kouen and Lash stumble about in a futile attempt to look efficient, and Lash trying to pronounce his mage's name, and failing.

Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae
    Konnichiwa viewers! Today we play a game from the far east... but are left less than impressed.When Kouen happened upon this title on Steam he was very interested but little did he know that after only a short play would it make him want to commit Harakiri. It's an overly bland game with little depth or reason to play, the only things our Gaming Samurai warriors Kouen and Lasharus could find was the fact that the graphics was all right, and that it had a Japanese school girl (Tentacles sold separate). Lasharus goes on a major rant about the user reviews on steam being mainly about panties and similar as Kouen tries his best not to lose the will to live!

Bad Hotel
    Kouen and Lasharus embark on a quest to save our crazy hotels under attack from angry birds (not the other game your thinking of ) and a hotel owner out to make some cash from insurance fraud!
    Last edited by Kouen Hasuki; 16th-May-2014 at 07:31.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kouen Hasuki For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

War for the Overworld (Steam Early Access)
    Darkest greetings, prospective Underlords! Today, Kouen and Lasharus try for the position of Underlord extraordinaire by reviewing the upcoming War for the Overworld, a game in keeping with the spirit of Dungeon Keeper, wherein you construct your underground domain of evil with which to attack, defeat, and conquer the hated forces of good!

The Culling of the Cows
    In this video we watch Zombie cows die a lot much to Kouen's delight! It's a bit more bare bones as a review than normal but the game would not cooperate with the normal setup.

CT Special Forces - Fire for Effect
    Today Kouen and Lasharus get all military on you with CT Special forces! Which somehow turns into Kouen singing Frank Sinatra while using over the top fire-power!

Dead Effect (Steam Early Access)
    Kouen and Lasharus are in SPAAAAAAAACE again! This time its a deadly serious situation! Everyone on board the ESS Meridian is zombies! Send whisky, guns and bad puns!

Gigantic Army
    Kouen & Lasharus get suited up for some Mech action with Gigantic Army! a 2D Shoot 'em up mech game by Astro Port, the very same people who brought you Satazius

Canyon Capers
    Howdy Ya'll and welcome to another video from Kouen & Lasharus Play! Today we are taking a look at Canyon Capers, which in a nutshell is Tomb Raider meets farmers meets Mario!

Tribloos 2
    Today Kouen and Lasharus review another Bumpkin Brothers game (See Space Farmers for the first one) this time its a time management game! We feel the influence of Dr. Seuss in this and its not a bad thing!

Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman's Mine
    Today, Kouen and Lasharus play Al Emmo and the Dutchman's Mine. They embark upon the quest in the guise of Al Emmo, the brilliant, mighty, superb, astoundi- okay, can't go on. Al Emmo is, essentially, a non-entity whom even a mother would struggle to love, but he's undertaking his grand quest!

Ascendant
    Welcome ladies and gentlemen to today's video! A game of biblical proportions! If Castlevania and Rogue Legacy had a love child this would be the offspring! A game with a nice art style, well made music and a familiar play style that's so good even Jesus would be hard pressed to resist playing it!

White Noise Online (Special Guests Applefiend & JFSwift)
    Jinkies! Kouen & Lasharus have company! Applefiend (Very Talented Artist behind our title card characters) and JFSwift from Muzzle Vulocity. We all team up to solve the mystery in a museum while being stalked by a monster! Will we make it out alive? Will anyone scream?
    Last edited by Kouen Hasuki; 28th-May-2014 at 14:44.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Air Control by Killjoy Games (Worst Game We Have Played Yet!)
    Lasharus falls into a confused rage-fest while Kouen resorts to drinking to dull the pain of this "experience". Air Control is as best put by Kouen, a Airplane interior map with a bunch of assets and situations shoved in a blender and this is the result, not to mention that any loading screen is Russian roulette if it will or will not crash.

Bad Rats: the Rats' Revenge (800 Subscriber Special)
    Kouen and Lasharus return, triumphantly, in this 800-subscriber special! Yes, we've reached a new height in subscription numbers, and as such, Lasharus has been... ah, volunteered to play Bad Rats yet again, and the joy in his voice is a delight to behold!

Street Racing Syndicate
    Dude, bro, this game featuires, like, chicks 'n cars 'n stuff! It's aaaaawesome! Kouen and Lasharus get stuck in the slightly over-blatant Street Racing Syndicate, racing their way through an inner city and causing all sorts of mayhem!

Speed Kills
    This time, Kouen and Lasharus play a racer that's rather like micro-machines. Made by the same guys behind Chaos Domain, they're rather more positive about this one.

Pokemon Vietnamese Crystal Version
    Today, we play pokémon! Or Elf Monster. Or something. I frankly have no idea. But join us anyway as we explore the myriad insanities of this translation, and sit down at the dinner table for a delightful portion of volcano bakemeat.

The Floor is Jelly
    In The Floor is Jelly, EVERYTHING is bouncy. A puzzle-platformer in which the goal is to spring your way to victory, our intrepid players were quaking with laughter at this gooey game!

Danmaku Unlimited 2
    Kouen and Lasharus are in space once again in this great bullet hell shooter! In this video you also get to see Lasharus squeal a little!

Inside a Star-filled Sky
    Today Kouen and Lasharus embark on a journey of a infinite journey with Inside a Star-filled Sky! A nice little game that has no end and some amusing effects too!

NaissanceE
    Greetings everyone and allow us to invite you on a journey into NaissanceE, a exploration game of both surreal and beautiful all at the same time.

Ampu-Tea (or Lash Simulator 2014)
    Yes, once Lasharus saw this game he had to play it and play it he did, with the weirdest results ever... and no... he wasn't able to brew himself a cup of earl grey.
    Last edited by Kouen Hasuki; 10th-June-2014 at 16:06.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Among the Sleep
    Kouen and Lasharus find themselves stuck in the mind of a child, seen to by his (admittedly freaky) mum, on his birthday. Then, he gets the gift of a wonderful teddy bear. Which subsequently proceeds to talk to him. And glow like a slightly ill glow-worm.

Showtime!
    Kouen and Lasharus find themselves overwhelmed in the confusing world of show business in Showtime! A management game, this genre stymied their best attempts at defining and reviewing. Regardless, they still managed to have some banter, fun, and laughs as a result.

ibb & obb
    Our intrepid duo finds themselves forced to work together this time 'round in the weirdly compelling world of ibb & obb! A two-player game, without each other, the two stand no chance at defeating the hurdles of slightly high jumps and slightly confusing gravity. It takes all their focus, even working together!

HTR+ Slot Car Simulation
    Today Kouen and Lasharus think back to a simpler time, before everyone had smartphones in there pockets and the like of Facebook! Yes all the way back to slot cars in this enjoyable little racing game!

GearCity (Steam Early Access)
    Today Kouen and Lasharus try there hand at being a car tycoon (and fail I might add) in this early look at GearCity!

Astebreed
    In this episode, Kouen and Lasharus fly around in the massively laser-burn riddled world of Astebreed! A bullet-hell type shooter, this one features mechs. With lasers. And swords. It's got mechs, lasers, and swords! Get this shit!

Battlepaths
    This time, Kouen and Lasharus play Battlepaths! A sensible title, because most paths lead directly into a battle!

Salammbô - Battle for Carthage
    Kouen and Lasharus embark on a odd and somewhat surreal adventure with Salammbô! An older adventure game in the similar style to the likes of Myst. We try to keep the story spoilers to a minimum in this review!

International Snooker
    Lasharus and Kouen take their cues to continue their gaming, this time with International Snooker. A game of which the title accurately covers the contents, it's a snooker simulation. Join our players as Lasharus manages to not fail, to his own surprise!

Tree Simulator 2013: Treeloaded
    Yes, we are serious.

Even more videos here: http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...31#post1760631
    Last edited by Kouen Hasuki; 21st-July-2014 at 10:58.

Thanks
    EP Points

So has anyone told Lash that he sounds an awful lot like TotalBiscuit. Realms of the Haunting is something I've always been meaning to play but never got around to it.

By the way do you guys take recommendations and such?

And by that I mean play Quest for Glory 4.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    So has anyone told Lash that he sounds an awful lot like TotalBiscuit. Realms of the Haunting is something I've always been meaning to play but never got around to it.

By the way do you guys take recommendations and such?

Indeed! If its within our power! No game is off the cards (Trust me we played Bad Rats and is still trying to get Earth 2066)

Also if you want to see lash groan and want to kill me Viscera Cleanup Detail is what you want to see, one of my favorite video's we have done yet

Anyways YES! My body is ready for your Recommendation!

Edit: Ah Quest for Glory 4, I'll see if we can find a copy
    Last edited by Kouen Hasuki; 5th-May-2014 at 05:58.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Kouen Hasuki View Post
    Indeed! If its within our power! No game is off the cards (Trust me we played Bad Rats and is still trying to get Earth 2066)

Also if you want to see lash groan and want to kill me Viscera Cleanup Detail is what you want to see, one of my favorite video's we have done yet

Anyways YES! My body is ready for your Recommendation!

Edit: Ah Quest for Glory 4, I'll see if we can find a copy
    Oh cool. Edit: I forgot, for QFG4, try to get the CD version! It has a voice-acted narrator, and it's none other than John Rhys-Davies. It adds a lot to the experience.

Ugh, Earth 2066. The guy who made that deserves not a single penny for that travesty of a game. You are masochists I take it.
    Last edited by Gare; 5th-May-2014 at 08:53.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Oh cool. Edit: I forgot, for QFG4, try to get the CD version! It has a voice-acted narrator, and it's none other than John Rhys-Davies. It adds a lot to the experience.

Ugh, Earth 2066. The guy who made that deserves not a single penny for that travesty of a game. You are masochists I take it.
    I Finished Guise of the Wolf then helped Lasharus finish it too, I played Secret of the magic crystals, Bad rats and actually finished Ground of Pound

Actually just got to do a video on a B-Movie style Horror game! its fking awesome!

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, Earth 2066 has my morbid curiosity, but like hell am I paying for the godforsaken thing. Nothing built up of free Unity assets and no skill whatsoever deserves to have a price tag.

Never mind bloody €20,00

Thanks
    EP Points

I have some bad games if your taking requests...
    Action 52(nes)
    Dr.Jekyll and Mr.Hyde(nes)
    Cybermorph(Jaguar)
    Bubsy 3D(PSone)
    Have fun.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Iamerror View Post
    Bubsy 3D(PSone)
    Why do you want to torture them. Why.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Ivo Robotnik View Post
    Well, Earth 2066 has my morbid curiosity, but like hell am I paying for the godforsaken thing. Nothing built up of free Unity assets and no skill whatsoever deserves to have a price tag.

Never mind bloody €20,00
    I watched Jim Sterling's video on the thing. It was enough to convince me to avoid it like the plague. Would be funny to hear you freak out over how bad it is, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kouen Hasuki View Post
    Actually just got to do a video on a B-Movie style Horror game! its fking awesome!
    There's also Gabriel Knight 2. Ah deliciously awkward FMV era...
    Last edited by Gare; 6th-May-2014 at 00:19.

Thanks
    EP Points

Seconded!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

We seem to have opened Pandora's box

Don't get me wrong I'm brain dead enough that I can go through these laughing... poor Lash on the other hand well I have not quite killed all his IQ yet

Quote Originally Posted by Iamerror View Post
    I have some bad games if your taking requests...
    Action 52(nes): Maybe just Cheetahmen or it will take hours
    Dr.Jekyll and Mr.Hyde(nes): Done that game before but dont mind seeing lasharus in pai.... I mean take in this game
    Cybermorph(Jaguar): Where did you learn to fly? (also if there is a working Jag emulator capable then we could)
    Bubsy 3D(PSone): You evil *beep*
    Last edited by Kouen Hasuki; 6th-May-2014 at 06:39.

Thanks
    EP Points

There's also Gabriel Knight 2. Ah deliciously awkward FMV era...
    That game really isn't that bad - it's by no means nearly as good as the original, mainly because there's no Tim Curry and Mark Hamill and it's shit FMV, but the story is actually good and well thought out.
    QFG4 was a major disappointment for me when it was first released, but the real bomb of the series is 5.

You guys should play that - it's cringe worthy.