Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with Game boy collection psx homebrew 0.0.1 alpha

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Help with Game boy collection psx homebrew 0.0.1 alpha

Download here:
    Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. then when you do tell me what u think
    made with agbe.....
    i personally havent got it to work on my emulator or my psx so if u get it to work comment and tell me how u got it to work
    I UPDATED THE LINK
    Last edited by longboarder241; 24th-April-2014 at 13:41. Reason: UPDATED LINK
    I hate parrots
    Said the Parrot haters

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

What's the point in sharing something that you don't know whether it works or not?

I'm going to move it to Everything Emulation so someone can help you to run this..
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 23rd-April-2014 at 22:11.

Thanks
    EP Points

well first of all, that isn't a download link at all. i copy/pasted it (figured i'd just see what it was and maybe try and see if it'd work) but it just redirects to my google drive so that link is no good.

upload it to a site like mediafire or something (doesn't particularly matter which one to me so long as the download works or theres nothing malicious hidden in the files) then post that download link instead.

edit: unless of course, that is a download link and i just don't know how to use it (stupid google ).

Thanks
    EP Points

its a download link....im using google drive to host it

okay and i did try this out on my psx and it plays one frame of a game boy rom and thats it.....
    Last edited by meganova; 24th-April-2014 at 14:19. Reason: posts merged; do not double post, use the edit button.
    I hate parrots
    Said the Parrot haters

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Uh the GameBoy emulator for the PSX was never complete and played very very little and what it did actually play was not exactly playable either anyway

Mastersystem got further along and a lot of games are playable despite various bugs in most games (mostly visual bugs, speed was good though)
    NES got very far though, most games can be played just fine
    ZX Spectrum 48k can also be playable on PSX, I never did test all that much but what I did try worked just fine and enjoyed what I did play
    Arcade (Very very low end games only)

Other systems emulated on PSX never got far enough to be considered playable though including agbe

There are also official created emulated games on the PSX Mostly arcade games in collections like the Atari Collection or Namco Museum that I am sure you already know about there was also a few MSX games emulated officially on the PSX but not a lot there either
    Last edited by Zorlon; 24th-April-2014 at 18:30.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

HEY! theres always the magical goldfinger....it was on amazon last year until some guy took it off.....i wish someone would review it
    I hate parrots
    Said the Parrot haters

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah that one sucks as well

Does not play anything at a playable speed just the odd simple game and GB homebrew, much like agbe does, actually agbe is possibly the better of the two anyway

The systems I mentioned are the only ones worth looking at

As it happens I have a few of those back cart PSX mods and have tested that in the past (that was a long time ago though and since re-flashed those) [Olde Action Replay/GameShark clones, so well cloned you can flash the Goldfinger with the Action Relay/GameShark rom and most other rom images of other cloned cheat devices] (You did require a special PC communications board as well as the Back port cart to be able to run any homebrew with it that are near impossible to find and those you do are very over priced)

Put it this way if it was any good it would of been cracked to run from CD by now anyway rather than having to flash the PSX memory via a Back Port cart, that I find are only good for cheating or using as a way to boot CD-R's if you don't have a mod chip

You can play GB/GBC on tons of platforms though GBA (GBA flash kit required) DS/3DS (DS Flash kit required) Dreamcast (Nothing required except revision to be (1) or older to be able to boot Mil-CD's) PS2 (Soft or Hard mod required (soft mod includes boot CD's/DVD's Like Swap Magic as well as the well known memcard mod)) XBOX (Soft or Hard mod, played via DVD or internal HDD) and newer consoles

Soft mod = Console modded with software (You do sometimes require extra hardware to be able to get the software over in the first place and includes boot CD's or DVD's)
    Hard mod = Console modded with hardware such as a mod chip (Flash kit could also be considered a hard mod, but refer to those as Flash Kits instead)

Almost forgot, most mobile phones can play GB/GBC also though I was never happy playing console games on a phone, controls tend to suck

P.S. moved to the correct forum that is Everything Console as you are attempting to play on a real Playstation rather than an emulated Playstation that would be very silly indeed (Testing excluded from sillyness obviously)

P.P.S. I do remember Tetris GB was playable ish in one of those GB emus but that may of been a homebrew game rather than the GB retail version, as I stated it has been many years since I last looked
    Last edited by Zorlon; 24th-April-2014 at 18:59.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

well maybe if someone tells the developers(if they can find them) to get them off their asses maybe it would end up at least working.....
    im also guessing the Super Game Boy Booster is also shit?
    Last edited by longboarder241; 24th-April-2014 at 19:32.
    I hate parrots
    Said the Parrot haters

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

They give up on that many moons ago and I'm sure they got plenty of feedback and begs of it to get updated back in the day, I would seriously give up on the idea on GameBoy being playable on PSX

NES It Might Be NES (IMBN) (there are others also but IMBM is the best one)
    ZX 48k Spectrum Emu only had a 10 game menu, 3rd party software could be used to change games
    Master system, SMS Plus A very good attempt there
    Arcade Phoenix/Pleiads, Galaxian & Invaders don't think I bothered with those to be honest (Don't remember)

The PSX was not exactly great for the homebrew scene more because the PSX was not exactly great hardware for emulation or homebrew

There is one other that I don't remember testing for emulating the Colecovision never got a full release so can be considered Alpha or Beta and possibly not very playable

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

well the most untested thing out there (its actually halarious)
    PSX LINUX
    (just the kernel)
    its actually called runix and the only way you can get it is by using thewaybackmacine and going to its download link.....it is actually on 2.2
    I hate parrots
    Said the Parrot haters

Thanks
    EP Points

so...this is what, a...nevermind, reading through this has left me confused as to what that file you linked above was. i'll know once the download finishes.

gba on psx...huh, thats a new one for me o.O

edit: well, it doesn't do anything as far as i can tell aside from bringing up the menu with that list of 693 gba games.
    Last edited by treos; 25th-April-2014 at 02:59.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

GameBoy not GBA the PSX is not even close enough powerful enough to handle GBA emulation

As far as Linux goes the same thing applies the PSX is not powerful enough to do much with, same applies to Net Yaroze and Not Yaroze that at least a few homebrew demo's got released for but nothing that heavy (mostly found on Official PSX Mag demo discs)

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

well it freezes up on emulation....but if you burn it to a disk and play it using your method (disk swap,gameshark,modchip) it will at least show some slow frames of games....i do know this one program that can speed up frames for any psx rom, and it's for mac
    I hate parrots
    Said the Parrot haters

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by longboarder241 View Post
    well it freezes up on emulation....but if you burn it to a disk and play it using your method (disk swap,gameshark,modchip) it will at least show some slow frames of games....i do know this one program that can speed up frames for any psx rom, and it's for mac
    It wont help in this case and certainly not worth it anyway, it was only a proof of concept rather than a working emulator for retail games, it should run some of the PD roms though at a slow but playable speed, but it is worth it even for PD roms

PD = Public Domain aka homebrew games

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

so lik hacked pokemon games?,
    or i also think another reason for it not working is it's lack of reading a rom from a large list....maybe if you load only like 3 roms it'll work
    I hate parrots
    Said the Parrot haters