Thread: Gamecube emulation for pc

Thanks

Exclamation Gamecube emulation for pc

I need instructions on how or what to do in order for re zero and re remake to work on my pc.I tried to use 7zip lastnight and extracted files but,dont know what i was doing(I think).I could use a step by step walkthrough on the download.Thank you.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

ok.I do not know how to use 7zip or how to open rar or zip files.I uninstalled 7zip and deleted and re-downloaded re evil remake and re zero my 3rd time now.I cant find file of both games I downloaded in the dolphin emulater browser when i click open,browse files,or double click on browser iso or wads.I need instruction on step by step in order please.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by me262schwalbe View Post
    ok.I do not know how to use 7zip or how to open rar or zip files.I uninstalled 7zip and deleted and re-downloaded re evil remake and re zero my 3rd time now.I cant find file of both games I downloaded in the dolphin emulater browser when i click open,browse files,or double click on browser iso or wads.I need instruction on step by step in order please.
    Dolphin will only recognize disc type files such as .iso and .gcm, but not archive files like .rar, .7zip, and that's why it doesn't appear on the emulator's ISO browser.

You need to extract the .iso/.gcm file first from the archive before you can load it onto the emulator.

Simple process would be right click and then extract on the archive files.
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...inRar-Tutorial
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...to-Handle-Them
    vc3 released.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to meganova For This Useful Post:

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

www.7-zip.org will handle almost every type of compression (I say almost because there are a few very uncommon formats that do come up from time to time)

Multi part files you just extract via the first file with the exception of those that include a *.rar file (e.g in *.r## sets) then the *.rar file is the first file

7-zip will handle everything we have hosted though with the exception of ecm that requires specialized software

There are also various movie & audio codec's that are not really compression but a form of encoding that allow the sound or video to still be directly streamed through various software, depending on what you want to do though you may be required to convert those back to there raw format or wav format

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

ok now i have a problem i have re evil remake running badly on 4.0.2 dolphin ,i have windows 8.1 hp laptop dual core,radeon graphics card.i just downloaded dolphin 3.0 for re as well.I am not sure what to choose.
    ok I got the games unzipped from files and it works better for re 1 on version 3.0 dolphin.however ,re zero skips with audio and video when it runs on version 3.0.how do i fix this for zero ?
    the game will crash or have a slow down play with video audio...how do i fix this?with 3.0?is it the settings?what is goodmwith a windows 8 laptop amd processer,radeon7800 0r 8200,what do i change in emulater settings for this?
    also I am using keyboard no gamecube controller how do i set that up?
    I tried out re1 and itplays slow somewhat and crashes after a bit.videos in -game cutscenes slowdown and stuff like that.what do i do?
    Last edited by Zorlon; 24th-April-2014 at 17:00. Reason: Small bad language fix

Thanks
    EP Points

Have you check the recommended settings for each games posted by Zorlon previously? ^

Simply put, slowdown, audio and video issues are common for those games (and crashes), I suggest to follow the recommended settings from the wiki guide,
    and hopefully it will work on your laptop, however you shouldn't expect too much from it though.
    vc3 released.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to meganova For This Useful Post:

Thanks

ok,Ill look forit.and see what happens.thanks.

7:09pm I havent had a preblem yet.the game is running ok ,but moves character slow.plus i cant find the button for running.on keyboard,I could use a keyboard default guide for pc gameplay?also the guide for the wiki ion settings doesnt list what to do for the settings options,it just tellsyou what options you have.in a list.no hint or nothing.I cvould use some in-game helphere.thanks
    Last edited by me262schwalbe; 23rd-April-2014 at 23:12.

Thanks
    EP Points

ok,Ill look forit.and see what happens.thanks.

7:09pm I havent had a preblem yet.the game is running ok ,but moves character slow.plus i cant find the button for running.on keyboard,I could use a keyboard default guide for pc gameplay?also the guide for the wiki ion settings doesnt list what to do for the settings options,it just tellsyou what options you have.in a list.no hint or nothing.I cvould use some in-game helphere.thanks
    Go here for controller guide, and here to change specific settings on the emulator. (sound, video, etc)

For VBeam Speedhack, after loading the emulator, right click on the game and go to properties. You should see Vbeam under Core setting, then click the small box next to it until it change to the 'right' or 'tick' symbol.
    vc3 released.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to meganova For This Useful Post:

Thanks

ok,I think my pc is different here are the pc hardware:AMD processor E1-2100 APU with Radeon(TM) Graphics 1.00GHz
    Ram 4.00GB 64bit operating system x64 based-processor. windows 8.1 hp laptop hewlitt model.

Thanks
    EP Points

ok,I think my pc is different here are the pc hardware:AMD processor E1-2100 APU with Radeon(TM) Graphics 1.00GHz
    Ram 4.00GB 64bit operating system x64 based-processor. windows 8.1 hp laptop hewlitt model.
    That's a rather low specs you got there, and running Dolphin at stable speed is unlikely as well, even with recommended settings applied.

I'd suggest getting yourself a good pc, at least with a good CPU clock. Refer to this FAQ.
    vc3 released.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to meganova For This Useful Post:

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Buy a Wii (with GC ports) softmod the beast, it's way cheaper than buying a new PC and there are plenty of games on the Wii/GameCube worth playing.

90% of GC games run perfect from an external USB HDD (There are a few that have audio streaming issues but they are in the few and don't include the Resident Evil games) and just about all the Wii games work just fine

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I just spent the money i had avalable from tax return.I cant buy one anytime soo.but,thank you tho for your help.

give me a the name of a external hdd that i can use on my pc.my pc specs are above.thanks guys.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 25th-April-2014 at 03:56.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

give me a the name of a external hdd that i can use on my pc.my pc specs are above.thanks guys.
    Are you getting confused with my post, the external USB drive would be to use on a Wii, personally I use a 2TB WD drive (powered by a wall socket rather than via USB, but I only went for that because they are the cheaper drives)

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I'll look into it.I have played re 1 so far on my pc with no problem yet.thanks for your support.