Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls 2 General Discussion

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Destroy statues?

I AIN'T GOT TIME FOR THAT.

(Yes, I did sprint through that hellish place, and I didn't find the second bonfire till afterwards. SO GREAT)

Thanks
    EP Points

Stark, I know you found all the covenants, but how many did you max your level on? I think it's called the abysmal covenant, the one where you off up humanity and go into a portal to fight black/blueish phantoms. Anyway, I did all three tiers of that and at the end I had to fight some crazy boss - didn't manage to beat her either. Did you ever do that?

And where is the bloodthirsty covenant? I missed that one...

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ivolt View Post
    Destroy statues?

I AIN'T GOT TIME FOR THAT.

(Yes, I did sprint through that hellish place, and I didn't find the second bonfire till afterwards. SO GREAT)
    How many times did you die on the boss...?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by FlavaFlave View Post
    Stark, I know you found all the covenants, but how many did you max your level on? I think it's called the abysmal covenant, the one where you off up humanity and go into a portal to fight black/blueish phantoms. Anyway, I did all three tiers of that and at the end I had to fight some crazy boss - didn't manage to beat her either. Did you ever do that?

And where is the bloodthirsty covenant? I missed that one...
    Only got level 3 on Heirs of the Sun and the Abysmal Covenant. You need to beat that boss to get to level 3. It is a total pain. I found going in with magic is more effective especially

Spoiler warning:

Fire

Edit:

Also Bloodthirsty covenant is in the Huntsman Copse (I think thats the name.) Have a bit more of an explore near the begining of the area and you should find it quickly enough
    Last edited by Stark; 13th-April-2014 at 20:21.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Aw finally a DS2 discussion!
    Just finished a run before and had a damn good time. I've just killed Velstadt, got the ring and farmed Velstadt a bit with the Heirs Of The Sun.
    What level are you guys on? I'm 158.

Check my YouTube for gameplay and pickup videos!

Steam|Youtube

Thanks
    EP Points

I figured out what covenant it was - Brotherhood of Blood. I also know why I didn't join it - you need a token of spite in order to get in, and I didn't have one at the time. Totally forgot all about it as well.

When you said I missed something at the beginning Stark, I was about to flip out - I've been up and down, all around Majula and Betwixt

Did any of you guys ever hop in that coffin in Betwixt? I didn't realize what it did until I had left the area.

Thanks
    EP Points

Whoops sos dude. I meant the begining area of huntsman copse (near the second bonfire I believe) but glad you found it.

That coffin is weird I was covered in armour so I didn't know what it actually did for a long while.

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

Did any of you guys ever hop in that coffin in Betwixt? I didn't realize what it did until I had left the area.
    I did and it took ages before I noticed the change. My character is female and the first thing I reacted on was that the hair did not look right. Figured that maybe it was something From Software did to prevent clipping issues with armours so I removed all my gear and was surprised by the very apparent lack of breasts. Then I saw how buff she looked and finally figured out what was wrong...

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Stark View Post
    Whoops sos dude. I meant the begining area of huntsman copse (near the second bonfire I believe) but glad you found it.

That coffin is weird I was covered in armour so I didn't know what it actually did for a long while.
    Same here - I was covered in armor and I didn't think anything of it.

Nice trolling on the part of the devs though

Thanks
    EP Points

Suppose this is a few hints if you want some items in good supply that I found

Spoiler warning:

Rat Covenant gives you a pharos keystone if you kill an intruder and it is sooooo easy to do this. I was actually pondering getting a level 3 in this covenant but gave up after about 10 stones as thats all you really need

Bell Covenant gives you a Titanite Chunk every time (I think) for a successful invasion. Also easy to do if you rush the guy with multiple people. A lot of the time people wanted to duel one on one so people usually waited...sometimes

Thanks
    EP Points

You know what weapon I really like? That dual bladed long sword - basically the Darth Maul weapon
    I infused it with poison and jacked it up a bit and would wait for people in the rat area. They'd come around a corner and I'd go nuts on them with that weapon (dual handed). By the time they knew what hit them they'd be poisoned and over half dead.

It was sooooo satisfying

Thanks
    EP Points

You know what weapon I really like? That dual bladed long sword - basically the Darth Maul weapon
    I infused it with poison and jacked it up a bit and would wait for people in the rat area. They'd come around a corner and I'd go nuts on them with that weapon (dual handed). By the time they knew what hit them they'd be poisoned and over half dead.

It was sooooo satisfying
    That area is pure evil. Which one do you hang around in? The one in the well or the pharros door one?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I myself love the Affinity spell, it's just perfect to scare them PvPers. Invade my world, and be prepared for the worst! (I know there are better spells, but that works beautifully).

Check my YouTube for gameplay and pickup videos!

Steam|Youtube

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Stark View Post
    That area is pure evil. Which one do you hang around in? The one in the well or the pharros door one?
    I'd hang around the well - people would come running out of the starting tunnel full speed and I'd clip them in the back. As long as you connect with that dual blade you are gonna put on a serious hurting. That and poison is no joke in the game as well. I had infused bloodloss first, since that was always awful in the previous games, but it doesn't seem to be as nasty this time around.

Did you ever open all the Pharros doors down there? There seem to be an awful lot of places to put stones.... I farmed a bunch but saved them for other parts of the game.... never got around to going back down there to use up my excess stones.

Also, there's a door in the marsh area - can't think of the name of the area off the top of my head, but when you're down there you trudge through water for the whole level and then at the end fight a huge frog like monster. There are Siren ladies down there singing, if that helps. Anyway, bonfire area, way off on the western side of the area is a small trail that's barely visible. It leads you to a vine patch, if you slice the patch it reveals a door. I could never get that open.

Thanks
    EP Points

I'd hang around the well - people would come running out of the starting tunnel full speed and I'd clip them in the back. As long as you connect with that dual blade you are gonna put on a serious hurting. That and poison is no joke in the game as well. I had infused bloodloss first, since that was always awful in the previous games, but it doesn't seem to be as nasty this time around.

Did you ever open all the Pharros doors down there? There seem to be an awful lot of places to put stones.... I farmed a bunch but saved them for other parts of the game.... never got around to going back down there to use up my excess stones.

Also, there's a door in the marsh area - can't think of the name of the area off the top of my head, but when you're down there you trudge through water for the whole level and then at the end fight a huge frog like monster. There are Siren ladies down there singing, if that helps. Anyway, bonfire area, way off on the western side of the area is a small trail that's barely visible. It leads you to a vine patch, if you slice the patch it reveals a door. I could never get that open.
    I don't know if its the one I'm thinking of but to get there you need to

Spoiler warning:

Kill Vendrick. He has insane defense but there is a way to lower it. Let me know if you want me to tell you or you can find out for yourself You get the king souls and some armour I think. The king Souls can be used to make an a weapon (or other stuff) that does damage dependent on how many souls you have (up to 1,000,000)