Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls 2 General Discussion

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by treos View Post
    huh, so that was a chaos bug crawling in the lost sinner's eye? wonder if DS2 takes place in the same lands as DS1 but in the distant future where the events of the previous game would be naught but legends and/or mostly forgotten.
    Spoiler warning:
    Bingo. Well, at least I think so. DS2 takes place many years after DS1 and based on in-game references it seems like Drangleic is pretty much Lordran in the future.

I'm sure crusher will correct me if I'm wrong though.

Also this has nothing to do with discussing the game but I must leave it here because, well, you'll see.

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...lp-d7h3abk.jpg
    Last edited by Gare; 12th-May-2014 at 19:43.

Thanks
    EP Points

nice pic and yay, i finally reached the soul farming region aka the undead ditch with its never ending supply of pyromancy spirits and zombies. heh, forget lvling off this place, for now i'm gonna max out all the items i can and work on upgrading all my gear then start lvling. will probably have a pretty high sm but i'm always in offline mode so who cares.
    Last edited by treos; 12th-May-2014 at 19:57.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    Spoiler warning:
    Bingo. Well, at least I think so. DS2 takes place many years after DS1 and based on in-game references it seems like Drangleic is pretty much Lordran in the future.

Yeah, pretty much what you said in the spoiler tag, at least that's what I got out of the game anyway.
    So have any of you guys played the King's Field games? I know it's a bit off topic, but I was doing a little reading and research on them and they are basically FPS Demon's Souls, which I'm sure you're aware. I guess Seath originally showed up in one of the KF games, and the moonlight greatsword is in most or all of them.

Edit: Something else to note, and it's only because it's been so long since I've played Demon's that I truly forgot, but the 6th archstone (the broken one) in the Nexus was the gateway to the Land of Giants. Think there's any connection between that Land of Giants and the one Vendrick went to?

I think people are quick to write off Demon's these days, but I feel like there have got to be some connections...
    Last edited by FlavaFlave; 12th-May-2014 at 20:11.

Thanks
    EP Points

Do you guys remember that time I spent 45 minutes farming the wrong enemy? I do. What a good time.

Fuck this game.

I spent almost an hour farming the witches in the undead crypt for Blue Flame, instead of the Apostles who actually drop the weapon. Once I correct fire, I got 2 of them in a few minutes.

The struggle is real.

Quote Originally Posted by FlavaFlave View Post
    Yeah, pretty much what you said in the spoiler tag, at least that's what I got out of the game anyway.
    So have any of you guys played the King's Field games? I know it's a bit off topic, but I was doing a little reading and research on them and they are basically FPS Demon's Souls, which I'm sure you're aware. I guess Seath originally showed up in one of the KF games, and the moonlight greatsword is in most or all of them.
    Yup, he was in the second game I think? And yeah the Moonlight Greatsword pops up in most of From's games, I think it's even in Armored Core.
    Last edited by TheRealSpiders; 12th-May-2014 at 20:09.

Thanks
    EP Points

You should read the wiki more carefully before going on farming sessions broski.

Then again, I did spend 20 minutes farming the Old Knight's Shield, only to realize I had two of them already in my Item Box...

Fail Souls, like a boss.

Thanks
    EP Points

You should read the wiki more carefully before going on farming sessions broski.
    I'd have to learn how to read first. And we know that isn't happening.

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

Default Dark Souls 2 General Discussion

Spoiler warning:

Also this has nothing to do with discussing the game but I must leave it here because, well, you'll see.

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...lp-d7h3abk.jpg
    Cuuute! The Emerald Herald, not kitty.

Spoiler warning:
    DS2 is definitely set in a very distant future from DS but I'm not convinced Drangleic is in the same location as Lordran. As Spiders suggested earlier perhaps the land of the giants is where Lordran used to be? Kind of would explain Tomb of the Giants, you know?

Seath was in KF? Awesome! Need to play... Maybe. I REALLY wanna start on Shadow Tower Abyss though. It looks so good.

Thanks
    EP Points

only connection to the KF series i've noticed was the moonlight greatsword, didn't know seath was a reference too. i've played the 2 USA kF games but not the japanese original. think there was a translation i treied out but none of the text appeared in the word boxes so that was a bust. if anyone knows how to fix that on epsxe let me know and i'll try it again, as for ST, think i've tried it a few times before but never finished it. i also played through eternal ring for PS2 which is another good FPS RPG.

wish i knew of more good FPS RPG's like those, from did a great job with the KF series for its time imo.

well, aside from all that i made it to what seems to be the macro region of DS2, Aldia's Keep. already killed 1 macro sized troll (aka the hippo men ) and a macro sized basilisk. not sure why that sorcerer, avlaan was so freaked out by me pulling that lever though but once i did he was like "oh god...what have you done?!". yeah...doomsday kind of moment lol wonder what that released anyway, guess i'll find out as i explore.

edit: gah, friggin hippo man ate me >.<

edit2: checked the wiki and dangit, now i've gone and set loose an assassin (navlaan) with a split personality >.< add 1 rather tenacious phantom to the list of invaders i guess. already killed 1 here in this place.
    Last edited by treos; 13th-May-2014 at 02:51.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah I was gonna say, Navlaan is pretty much the Lautrec of this game.

Enjoy getting invaded.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah I was gonna say, Navlaan is pretty much the Lautrec of this game.

Enjoy getting invaded.

I think you mean Yurt 3.0.

The legend continues.

In other news the blue flame build that I've been working on is A LOT of fun. Something about not having a catalyst in hand makes people eat point blank soul spears.

Thanks
    EP Points

ran into navlaan once earlier, dude likes to throw around my weaknes, hexes.

if anyone wants to try summoning me in multiplayer or anything, i'll need to fix this problem first: http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...live-NAT-error i'm on xbox live but due to that error i can't do anything multiplayer related. think it has to do with port forwarding but i'm not sure what i need to do so any help would be great.

and now i'm off to try and fight the guardian dragon again...if navlaan will leave me alone that is guy invades right before the boss room.

Thanks
    EP Points

Hexes do dark damage if I'm not mistaken, so just get the Watcher's Shield, infuse it with Dark, and bam now you have some good protection against hex users. Transgressor's Leather shield is another one with high dark resistance, I sometimes equip it as a secondary shield for PvP because fuck hexers.

Thanks
    EP Points

Hexes do dark damage if I'm not mistaken, so just get the Watcher's Shield, infuse it with Dark, and bam now you have some good protection against hex users. Transgressor's Leather shield is another one with high dark resistance, I sometimes equip it as a secondary shield for PvP because fuck hexers.
    You guys just need to stop being casuals and learn how to dodge.

So I took this build that I was working on to SL150 and it just reaffirms that 150 is too high a meta to fight in. I poured in excess of 20-25 levels into Vigor and Int just to hit 150.

Thanks
    EP Points

Oh I dodge just fine, but it's good to have a last resort.

I'm above 170 myself and will continue to level as long as I have souls. I mean is there any reason not to continue leveling with the current matchmaking system? When your soul memory gets really high and you're getting invaded by SL300 dudes with insane amounts of Vigor and other stats, you probably don't want to be running around with a character still at 150 or lower. You're just gimping yourself for no good reason.

Thanks
    EP Points

not even going to waste my time complaining. point is, after following 2 guides (1 for setting up a static IP on the 360 and 1 for setting up the correct port forwarding stuff) i STILL can't get the xbox live multiplayer to work. i got the connection test to work without a problem then this came up: status code 800705b4. so i couldn't connect to xbox live at all after that so i went and put everything back how it was before all this and i'm back to having full xbox live access EXCEPT for matchmaking aka multiplayer.

i'll work on that later, for now i'm going back to soul farming and raising my stats more.