Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: adblock plus, good or bad for the internet?

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sly Hedgehog View Post
    ^i no longer use Firefox.

i only use Chrome and it has Ad Block but i don't have a problem with it
    Enjoy Google spying on everything you do on the net
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

lol and googles primary source of $ is the very ads everyone hates. i like the search engine and they're image search (now THAT is a useful/helpful search engine function ) but beyond that, i wouldn't support them by using they're browser.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gobby View Post
    Enjoy Google spying on everything you do on the net
    unless you are using DoNotTrackMe extension so Google will not track you

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by treos View Post
    exactly

i think we can all agree, with whats been said so far, that adblockers aren't about to bring about the end of ads. if anything they may simply cause some good changes. well, unless some people are too stuck in they're ways and choose to simply block adblocker users or users of a certain browser (thats a bit overkill don't you think?).
    I still remember when blip.tv tried to force ABP users to disable it by making us sit through 90 seconds of silence. All the while ABP lists were adapting to it, and ultimately they were beaten by people who refused to give in. Those were dull times, sitting through a minute and a half of nothing to get to a video... but worth it. So worth it; the price that had to be paid to not have to sit through, at the most, an ad at the start and end of the video, and potentially up to three in the video itself.

I think the worst part of it though was the intense backlash that came from seemingly nowhere when you actually said you supported ABP during all of it. But then, nature of the beast, I suppose.