Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 90s Nickelodeon vs. 90s Cartoon Network vs. 90s Disney.

Thanks

Default 90s Nickelodeon vs. 90s Cartoon Network vs. 90s Disney.

Who defined your childhood?

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Nick and CN, I still remember Salute your Shorts
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

I loved 90s Nickelodeon though we can't blame the teenage snark "sitcoms" of today for its and disneys ruination when we had stuff like
    Salute Your Shorts-they need to make it on dvd
    Clarissa Explains It All
    Hey Dude-the worst of the bunch
    Welcome Freshman
    Good Burger-even my kid likes that movie, Kenan and Kel are hilarious
    Pete and Pete-everyone loved artie and lil pete was a hoot

and of course the other good ones
    Inspector Gadget
    Heathcliff
    Doug
    Rugrats
    the one show about the fairy tails
    the borrowers
    lil bits
    are you afraid of the dark? well the first couple of seasons
    rocko's modern life

good stuff

Disney did good too...once upon a not so distant past
    Duck Tales
    Tale Spin
    Rescue Rangers
    never liked Darkwing Duck or Goof Troop
    Gummy Bears
    Wonderful World of Disney-classic Disney cartoons and not excerpts

ETA: Phineas and Ferb is probably one of their only good modern franchises. Love that show
    screw you Disney and your CN style of modern idiotic, gross cartoons like gravity falls. you fell onto the stupid wagon really freakin hard, oughtta be ashamed of yourselves.
    Last edited by maverickhuntergirlZ492; 29th-March-2014 at 15:14.

Thanks

Don't forget Legends of the Hidden Temple.

Thanks
    EP Points

Danger Mouse! XD

Thanks
    EP Points

What about Captain Planet?

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by markbarkins View Post
    What about Captain Planet?

He's a hero! Dunno what THAT is though. lol

Thanks
    EP Points

Ren and Stimpy
    All That
    Dexter's Lab
    What a Cartoon
    Cow and Chicken
    Powerpuff Girls
    Courage the Cowardly Dog
    Samurai Jack
    Rugrats
    Rocko's Modern Life etc

Thanks
    EP Points

Biker Mice From Mars
    Dino-saucers
    My Little Pony Tales
    Care Bears
    Eek the Cat
    Bobby's World

Thanks
    EP Points

I never really watched Cartoon Network or Nick, and the only thing I liked on Disney was Ducktales and Rescue Rangers.

My childhood cartoons were GI Joe, Transformers, He-Man, MASK and Pee Wee's Playhouse.

Oh yeah, and Captain N the Game Master.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by FlavaFlave View Post
    I never really watched Cartoon Network or Nick, and the only thing I liked on Disney was Ducktales and Rescue Rangers.

My childhood cartoons were GI Joe, Transformers, He-Man, MASK and Pee Wee's Playhouse.

Oh yeah, and Captain N the Game Master.
    Those are good shows but more in the 80's era, don't forget Super Mario Bros Super Show, Super Mario Bros 3, Super Mario World, Legend of Zelda and the Mega Man cartoon.
    If we're talking 80s/90s there was also Denver the Last Dinosaur, Mighty Max, Don Quixote, Muppet Babies

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by maverickgirlhunterZ492 View Post
    Those are good shows but more in the 80's era, don't forget Super Mario Bros Super Show, Super Mario Bros 3, Super Mario World, Legend of Zelda and the Mega Man cartoon.
    If we're talking 80s/90s there was also Denver the Last Dinosaur, Mighty Max, Don Quixote, Muppet Babies
    Totally forgot to mention the Super Show and Zelda. I remember watching SMSS after school Mon-Thurs and then Zelda would take its place on Fridays. Funny thing about SMSS is I always hated the Live Action segments, but nowadays I actually love the Live Action part and pretty much ignore the cartoon. It was a who's who of 80's celebrities on there

Garfield and US Acres were also a part of my Saturday morning staple as well. I always hated Heathcliff though - I felt he was the trailer park version of Garfield.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by maverickgirlhunterZ492 View Post
    The Mario shows were good, but you're wearing serious nostalgia goggles if you're going to compare Legend of Zelda and Mega Man -- both of which were just awful cartoons -- with anything from the heydey of the late-80s and early-90s. They don't even stand in comparison with the Disney cartoons of the time (Duck Tales, Talespin, Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck, Goof Troop, etc, etc), or even the other cartoons from the era that I have no idea what channel they aired on, like TMNT or Transformers. If you go back and watch Zelda now, it's just horrible, and Mega Man only has a couple of redeeming episodes strewn through the 50ish that were released.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Drageuth View Post
    The Mario shows were good, but you're wearing serious nostalgia goggles if you're going to compare Legend of Zelda and Mega Man -- both of which were just awful cartoons -- with anything from the heydey of the late-80s and early-90s. They don't even stand in comparison with the Disney cartoons of the time (Duck Tales, Talespin, Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck, Goof Troop, etc, etc), or even the other cartoons from the era that I have no idea what channel they aired on, like TMNT or Transformers. If you go back and watch Zelda now, it's just horrible, and Mega Man only has a couple of redeeming episodes strewn through the 50ish that were released.
    I happen to own Zelda and the entire Ruby/Spears Mega Man set and you know what? I still enjoy them. My kid and her cousin enjoy them too.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Drageuth View Post
    Zelda is pretty bad these days, but it's enjoyable for a good chuckle or two. GI Joe hasn't exactly aged well either - when I was a kid I never even realized that NO ONE ever dies in that show. Everyone manages to bail out of a plane at the last second, and in the midst of massive fire fights no one ever really gets hit, and if they do they just drop their gun and run off the battlefield.
    I forgot all about TMNT - I used to watch the hell out of that too. Other than having extremely corny dialog at times, it still holds up better than most 80's cartoons.
    I've never seen the Mega Man cartoon, I didn't even know there was one. I did catch a few episodes of Sonic the Hedgehog at the time, but that's about it.

Anyone remember the Dungeons and Dragons cartoon?