Thread: question (forcing an item drop in Light Crusader)

Thanks
    EP Points

Default question (forcing an item drop in Light Crusader)

Hello, Im desperately farming for an item that a enemy (to be exact, the soldiers or the ninjas on B5) in Light Crusader (Sega Genesis game) SHOULD drop (the Mitt Gloves). I know its super rare etc., but im trying it for a very long time and i still dont got it.

So my question: Is there a way to confirm it with the help of the rom (or some programs), that the item that im looking for, can be dropped from a certain enemy? I dont know if its a dumb question, so please bear with me. I dont know about those things, so thats why im asking if its possible, because i just dont want to waste my time anymore.

Thanks and sorry for my english.

Edit: Im playing the PAL version if that matters. And i just want to get the information if this item can be dropped, not manipulating my save file or hacking the item in my game.
    Last edited by vergil2012; 29th-March-2014 at 12:57.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Have you looked at gamefaqs to verify this drop?

It been many years since I played that game myself so I'm not sure, but sounds like you have read something that tells you of this drop.

If you are wanting to force the drop to be in your contents an action replay code might be doable or possibly a GameGenie code, an Action Replay code would be preferable though

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Yes, i looked at gamefaqs. One of the FAQs mention that this Mitt Glove can be dropped from the ''Cowboys'' or ''Ninjas'' (no mention the ''Soldiers'') on B5. I asked the author and he said that some other users there told this to him (he never received the item himself). One user said that he received this from one of the ''Soldiers'' on B5. Since its a special glove, i dont believe that so many enemies would drop this (well it could be possible, but very unlikely to me).

So this is not a real proof to me. And i fought these enemies really long enough and no Mitt Gloves yet. Its frustrating if you dont know which enemy really drops this. So your waste your time and time and time...

Thanks and sorry for my english.

Last edited by Zorlon; 6th-April-2014 at 16:37. Reason: hate double posts

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I do believe the FAQ

I done a bit of digging not much though as you are correct there is very little info on the game but of the other faqs and guides seem to be missing certain items you can guess that these items never got found due to silly high rare drops so never found at the time

Dillo Armor (the faq creator ended up hacking into a save state)
    and the Mitt are missing from most guides

The items are programmed into the game, if only by text though I can't verify how to get them or if they are dropped, I may be able to verfiy if they are indeed programmed fully into the game via the DEBUG mode but not sure what you can do in debug mode or not at the moment or I could just create an action replay cheat to give me the ridiculously hard to get items

here is a dump exert of some of the text found in the rom (note this has several languages for each item even in the USA rom dump, I checked the US and EU dump both have the same text)

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. Asides from the faq I also found a drop list at http://www.freewebs.com/lightcrusade...ydroppings.htm
    Last edited by Zorlon; 6th-April-2014 at 17:29.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, i dont believe this page that much, because he says that the maximum amount of money you can have is 99.999 which is not true. So there could be other mistakes too.

Im still trying and still no luck...

Thanks

Default Confirmed, the drops do exist

Hello everyone. The item drops do exist, only the dillo armor is missing in my collection. The crystal monster in the spaceship area drops 1 armor, i think it was the geddon armor. The scratcher and mitt gloves are dropped by those ninjas. I also found out, that the items change every 3 secs. So this is how you do it. You go in a room with 4 enemies, damage them until they have low hp, savestate, kill everyone with jugdgement spell or meteor for the crystal, loadstate, wait 3 sefs, kill, and so on. It should take 5 minutes when you search for those equipments. Hope i could help you. Sorry for my bad english.

If you know something about the dillo armor plz post it.

Thanks
    EP Points

The dillo armor exists, at least in the european version. I got it from the ninjas on b5 and the mitt glove from the soldiers (also b5) and not from the ninjas. That doesnt mean that the ninjas cant drop this glove, i just wanted to say i got it from a different enemy.

I dont know if somebody cares, i thought i would share this information.

Sorry for my english.

Thanks
    EP Points

theres also a debug mode that i THINK lets you add items to your inventory though i haven't messed with it much yet so i'm not sure how that particular function works. https://tcrf.net/Light_Crusader (nice site actually, a lot of interesting stuff like that turns up on all kinds of games) turns out theres a whole lot of debug/test related stuff left in this game.

(from the linked page) "Dillo: An unused piece of chest armor. With the code FFF135:FF00, you'll have all armors, including the Dillo. It's to the 3rd-to-last armor, so it's fairly useful." so yeah, that armor is definately still in the game.

hmmm...lemme load up my file and check around to see if i can get them to drop. wouldn't be the first time a game has an item with a stupidly low drop rate. oh, wait, according to the end of your uh...spam over at gamefaqs you finally got it to drop from the soldiers on floor 5. lol and it only took you since last year to finally get it to drop.

as for the dillo armor, its listed as unused so that code is likely the only way to get it short of hacking. (well technically using that code is hacking in a way but whatever. )

Thanks
    EP Points

Sparc1988 really helped me. His trick with the save states (waiting 3 seconds and then save state again) etc.) worked really. At first i tried it without save states but i gave up quickly and then used his method and it worked (well i was hunting the mitt glove but instead the ninjas dropped the dillo armor). After that drop i tried another hour to get the mitt glove but no luck. Then i tried it to get this from the soldiers and after 10 minutes i had it FINALLY.

The weird thing is i tried to get the mitt gloves from the soldiers countless times before that but i had no luck.

Maybe it was a glitch or something like that, to be honest i cant proof. I can give a screenshot that my armor list is full but does it proof something? Probably not.

And remember please, i got the dillo armor on the PAL version of this game, so im not sure about the others (ntsc-u for example). the item could not be there.

I had never a terrible luck like this when i was hunting for an item. Of course i took a break (months) and didnt play constantly so dont get mad at me if you cant get the dillo armor. Like i said, i cant proof it really but there is not a reason to lie so if you (and others) dont believe me, its fine, i cant do nothing about it. But i have the dillor armor in my inventory without a cheat device or through hacking etc.

Sorry for my english.
    Last edited by vergil2012; 30th-March-2015 at 08:46.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Thing is with any percentage drop rates there is no guarantee you will get the drop at all. even if something had a 90% drop there is a 10% chance you will not get that drop it does not mean that every 100 kills 10 will produce x item or even 100 out of 1000 will drop it either

it's per kill there is a % of a chance the item will drop, but the rest of the % is the % chance of it not dropping per kill, every kill has the same % that is reset rather than it being out of so many kills

so if it's 90% drop killing 10 does not make that 100% chance after every kill it is still 90% chance if you get my meaning
    Last edited by Zorlon; 30th-March-2015 at 15:24.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Thing is with any percentage drop rates there is no guarantee you will get the drop at all. even if something had a 90% drop there is a 10% chance you will not get that drop it does not mean that every 100 kills 10 will produce x item or even 100 out of 1000 will drop it either

it's per kill there is a % of a chance the item will drop, but the rest of the % is the % chance of it not dropping per kill, every kill has the same % that is reset rather than it being out of so many kills

so if it's 90% drop killing 10 does not make that 100% chance after every kill it is still 90% chance if you get my meaning
    and that is exactly why % based drop rates can bu super annoying some times. especially if an item has a low % chance to drop, it can get QUITE frustrating at times.