Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Could the Wii U be Nintendo's last console?

Thanks

Default Could the Wii U be Nintendo's last console?

The Wii U is flopping. I honestly don't know how Nintendo can have a successful home console after it.

Thanks
    EP Points

No. If Nintendo learns from this, they'll come up with something good. I thought that the wiiu was a bad idea from the get go. This isn't the first time Nintendo has fucked up *cough* (virtual Boy). I'm not the biggest fan of Nintendo right now, but adding a tablet and jacking up the price won't win over consumers. The bigger issue is what is wrong with Nintendo? Have they become lazy and willing to rest on their past fame to sell mediocre product? I don't know.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

To be honest, they should be more innovative and improve on the specs in a way. You might think that having a tables for a controller is good, but fact is that these days everyone's got a tablet and probably will be sticking to it.
    I own one, and doesn't get played much. I don't think they will stop with the home console market and hopefully learn by their mistakes and come up with a brilliant console (same point as Merry's really).

Check my YouTube for gameplay and pickup videos!

Steam|Youtube

Thanks

The Wii U has games, like Tropical Freeze, SM3DW, Pikmin 3, and Wonderful 101.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by VG_addict View Post
    The Wii U has games, like Tropical Freeze, SM3DW, Pikmin 3, and Wonderful 101.
    Being able to name 4 games for a system that's been out for almost 2 years isn't a good sign. Just saying.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Seems WiiU's only saving grace will be the new Xeno game, whenever it comes out..........hopefully before the system totally fails...........
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Well, the rumor is that the WiiU has already totally failed. Nintendo's sales forecast suggested they'd sell 12 million units (or something, going off memory of a rumor) last year, when they actually only sold 2 million. In preparation they put in manufacturing orders for 12 million units, so they may have 10 million units of unsold stock that may last the next 5 years. That stock was built at todays prices, so any price drops to clear the stock would be at a loss. So they'll spend the next few years bundling free downloadable games and trying to push out the unsold stock, and launch a new console when finished. So unless there's some surprise upswing in popularity the WiiU will never get another print run, and finish as the worst selling Nintendo console in history.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks

They shouldn't have thought of releasing it till a game like Zelda or Smash Brothers came out *rolls eyes*

Thanks
    EP Points

No. They've got money in the bank, a company that's been around for as long as they have is going to have a few products that don't do well and they can afford it.

Thanks

Would you say the Wii U is a bad console? Or should we wait until MK8 and Smash come out?

Thanks
    EP Points

I would buy the Wii U if they released a Zelda. Mario Kart is not enough for me to get it but Mario Kart AND Zelda would be very persuasive.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to kirov For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I believe we will see another Nintendo home console. The Wii has provided this possibility being the cash cow it was. And that was only because of the casuals and parents buying into it.
    It would be a sad fate just like what happened to Sega, but unlike nintendo, sega had 4 failed home consoles/addons in a row not counting their abysmal handheld sales.
    Nintendo still has a lot going for it in the home console market, if only they can sort out thier mistakes made against third party developers over the last 10 years and bring back the traditional control pad.

Thanks

I feel like the modern gamers of today are just too engrossed in x-box and playstation to turn their heads to Nintendo. One problem could be that they are running out of money due to gamers who aren't too into Nintendo. Think about this people said that the wii was a flop when it came out. Now we can do just about anything, and play all sorts of amazing games. The idea that the wii u will be the last of the Nintendo consoles would be a sad thing... Nintendo has been around for longer then both of its competitors, but the gaming community has just lost interest in the company.

I agree that Nintendo has been behind on making a console as powerful as Xbox or playstation, but maybe in the future, they will have something that compares to them, or even surpasses them. I just think all the wii u needs is a chance. Good games take time, and I hear that there is plenty of good games to come.

Thanks

I hope Nintendo dosent fail, I think they fill a nice spot in casual fun games.

With that said I have thought in the past few years if Nintendo did fail and quit making consoles, it may lead to them focusing 100% on games and could possibly produce some amazing games more often? Also, as I dont have much money t may be that I could play Nintendo games with another console.

With that said I hope Nintendo dosent fail.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deathlord97 View Post
    I feel like the modern gamers of today are just too engrossed in x-box and playstation to turn their heads to Nintendo. One problem could be that they are running out of money due to gamers who aren't too into Nintendo. Think about this people said that the wii was a flop when it came out. Now we can do just about anything, and play all sorts of amazing games. The idea that the wii u will be the last of the Nintendo consoles would be a sad thing... Nintendo has been around for longer then both of its competitors, but the gaming community has just lost interest in the company.

I agree that Nintendo has been behind on making a console as powerful as Xbox or playstation, but maybe in the future, they will have something that compares to them, or even surpasses them. I just think all the wii u needs is a chance. Good games take time, and I hear that there is plenty of good games to come.
    I think you mean nintendo has been the longest in the console community than sony or microsoft.