Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Random Access Confusion (Or, Necro Plays A Randomized Nuzlocke Challenge)

Thanks
    EP Points

Stream going live here in a minute.

Thanks
    EP Points

this soulsilver rom should be better then the one you were using i think, https://www.mediafire.com/?xxxjz0bq32c9hrk Though as to why trainers weren't randomized, i don't know why that was happening. Maybe some bad settings in the randomizer?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin329 View Post
    this soulsilver rom should be better then the one you were using i think, https://www.mediafire.com/?xxxjz0bq32c9hrk Though as to why trainers weren't randomized, i don't know why that was happening. Maybe some bad settings in the randomizer?
    Yeah most likely me messing up the randomizer. Thanks for sticking around man, I'll check out that rom you linked.

Thanks
    EP Points

i hope you're streaming at the same time for tomorrow. I have an arena football game i plan to watch at 7pm pacific time tomorrow.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah gonna start at the same time. Your rom you sent me was the same, but I read something about JPI compilers that I'm gonna test out tomorrow when I sober up.

EDIT: I managed to get the randomizer working. For some reason randomizing the field items was causing a problem with Trainers randomizing their pokemon. It isn't as random as I'd have liked, but it's certainly better than nothing. Stream will be going up at the same time tomorrow night.

Thanks
    EP Points

First video is so funny. I laughed the whole time.

Thanks
    EP Points

Oh glad you liked it. Going live at 7 again tonight so don't miss out.

Oh hey, can a mod rename this thread to Random Access Confusion? I like the name more.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Oh hey, can a mod rename this thread to Random Access Confusion? I like the name more.
    Sure thing!

Thanks
    EP Points

Part 2 uploaded to youtube for anyone interested. It's much less entertaining without my friend co hosting. It's mostly me fumbling around while cin tells me how to play pokemon.

Thanks
    EP Points

nah, i'm just providing extra info you seem to be lacking . Oh speaking of which i think i forgot to mention before.....in this game theres 8 gyms then you fight the elite 4, THEN a whole new region opens up with another 8 gyms, and you can eventually re-battle the elite 4 at a higher level then they were at before. Not sure if you planned to battle them once, or both times for the nuzlocke.
    Last edited by rmcin329; 16th-March-2014 at 13:42.

Thanks
    EP Points

nah, i'm just providing extra info you seem to be lacking . Oh speaking of which i think i forgot to mention before.....in this game theres 8 gyms then you fight the elite 4, THEN a whole new region opens up with another 8 gyms, and you can eventually re-battle the elite 4 at a higher level then they were at before. Not sure if you planned to battle them once, or both times for the nuzlocke.
    Oh shit no I wasn't aware you do all that. I don't see a reason not to, but I honestly don't expect to survive that long.

Thanks
    EP Points

i've put in 136 hours, and have only 14 out of the 16 badges, haven't yet been able to re-fight the elite 4, since i don't have all 16 badges. But a lot of those hours were spent collecting as many pokemon as i could and such. If memory serves i believe(only after you defeat the elite 4 once) you can travel between the 2 regions via boat fly and teleport at first. Then once you accomplish a few things, the magnet train option for going between the regions opens up as well.

Thanks
    EP Points

i've put in 136 hours, and have only 14 out of the 16 badges, haven't yet been able to re-fight the elite 4, since i don't have all 16 badges. But a lot of those hours were spent collecting as many pokemon as i could and such. If memory serves i believe(only after you defeat the elite 4 once) you can travel between the 2 regions via boat fly and teleport at first. Then once you accomplish a few things, the magnet train option for going between the regions opens up as well.
    Considering I can only catch one per area, that should cut down the amount of time it takes significantly, still though, if it ends up becoming a huge ordeal I can just cut it off at the elite 4.

Is the second set of gyms the same amount of content as the first 8? Or is it like a gym rush type scenario?

Thanks
    EP Points

well its a brand new region, so its a pretty big chunk of extra content. Of course if you cut it off, then you dont get to fight brock misty and the like, or catch any of the older pokemon such as say pidgey. I suppose you could use repels to skip most of the random battles, but there'd still be trainers and the like.

EDIT
    oh wait its randomized, guess you dont get a pidgey either way

Thanks
    EP Points

well its a brand new region, so its a pretty big chunk of extra content. Of course if you cut it off, then you dont get to fight brock misty and the like, or catch any of the older pokemon such as say pidgey. I suppose you could use repels to skip most of the random battles, but there'd still be trainers and the like.
    Hmm I see. I dunno, we'll see when we reach that point how we wanna take it. How far do you have to make it to fight Red? I know that Twitch Plays Pokemon is stopping after beating Red.

Also, I don't think it matters about the catching Pidgey part because it's randomized.