Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: what RPG'S took you forever to beat

Thanks
    EP Points

Baldurs Gate 1 - probably well over 60 hours.
    Skyrim - clocked over 150 on the 360 version before finishing it off.
    DQ8 - Never actually finished this game, but I had logged over 80 hours.
    FFX - Between all the playthroughs of this game I'm sure it's well over 100. There's pretty much nothing I haven't gotten or any monster I haven't killed, with the exception of dodging 200 lightning bolts (I refuse to do it).
    Tales of Xilia - clocked 65 hours on the first playthrough, and the second playthrough (NG+ with perks) I hammered it out in about 18.

Thanks
    EP Points

Earthbound is taking forever because I have to overpower my team,and I can only play a little at a time.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Depends if you mean just hours logged in it or how much you have since you started it. Because all told, my various runs through FFT is in the thousands of hours, yet I have never once finished FF2 despite playing it for nearly a decade now... just not continuously for all those years.
    Last edited by Aeolus Aeneas; 7th-March-2014 at 00:12.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Aeolus Aeneas View Post
    Depends if you mean just hours logged in it or how much you have since you started it. Because all told, my various runs through FFT is in the thousands of hours, yet I have never once finished FF2 despite playing it for nearly a decade now... just not cont8iniously for all those years.
    My first playthrough of FFTA was just hours on hours. Not because I struggled or anything, but because when I was just so extremely careful. When I went to the final boss for the first time, he was 5+ levels ahead of all my guys, I got crapped on, and spent forever just ranking up. Went back and my guys were like 10+ levels ahead, with all Totemas waiting for use, and the fight took one turn...

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

If this is strictly JRPGs: Football Manager '06. I spent atleast hundreds of hours beating such vile bosses as the UEFA Cup with IFK Göteborg, getting Freddie Ljungberg to start coaching after retiring, winning the 2018 World Cup with France and finally signing Carlos Vela from Arsenal.

I never did get the true ending though, sadly.

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

Thanks
    EP Points

Pokemon Yellow

240+ hours with complete Pokedex! Too bad I don't have the cartridge anymore.

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm currently playing Saga Frontier ATM. I beat Blue's story, took - 25 hours. And just finished T260G's story, took about 18 hours. I grinded a bit in both cases, but I still got 4 stories left to finish, and I just started Red's. I could easily see 100+ hours in this game. Played this game years ago, and only beat one of the stories, and quit playing it because I had a backlog of other games that interested me more. The game has an epic 90s nostalgia feel to it, very retro.

Thanks
    EP Points

While I never got that many hours into it. During my first playthrough one of my friends switched all of my characters on the sphere grid, and I got stuck at the rock boss in the calm plains because I didn't have Armor Break. I decided to restart the game because it would take longer to grind. I beat that boss on my second playthrough, but then I got stuck on the boss that is floating off the edge of the cliff. He could always one hit me. Since then, my PS3 that plays PS2 games had a YLOD, and I lost all of my PS2 saves also including my FFXII save that had nearly 40 hours in it. While I really want to finish up those games some day, it feels as if time has become so much of a luxury since getting out of college which made time seem like a luxury compared to high school. I am sometimes lucky to get 3 hours in during a week.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    EP Points

I can't check my saves atm, but it something like that:
    Oblivion - I have save with 130h and I'm planing to play it more (I'm still at start of main story quests)
    Persona 3 - 80h + 10 -15h save reloads after deaths + The Answer
    Xenosaga Episode 3 - 60h
    Final Fantasy 9 - 60h
    Xenloblade - currently at 70h
    Final Fantasy XII - 100h + problably 10h of reloads
    Shadow Hearts - From the New World - 62h
    Dragon Quest 8 - 65h

And a lot of RPGs with 35 - 50h mark.

Thanks

Star Ocean 2 = 120 hours..All characters,level 255, rena save file and claude save file.
    Persona 3 FES= I stop counting (doing a walkthrough on my channel for a perfect first play through)
    Final Fantasy VIII=trying to get all the damn cards! 90 hours
    Legend of Legaia 115 hours. I gave up trying to get my characters to level 99

System Specs

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
    Mobo-H81M Plus
    Graphics Card- Radeon HD 7750
    CPU- intel i3 4130 3.4 Ghz
    RAM- Kingston Hyper Blue X 8gb
    HDD- WD CaviarBlue 1TB

www.YouTube.com/TheManCaveYTChannel

Thanks
    EP Points

Super Mario RPG. I was young and could never figure out the password in the pirate ship level. It wasn't until I got the player's guide, I was able to pass the ship level.

Thanks

I'm not sure exactly how long it took me to beat it, but I put well over 100 hours into Fallout New Vegas (including several restarts to try different stat combinations). That also counts as the most hours I've put into any game ever of any genre. I didn't mind the length, though, cause that game is really more about the journey than the destination so by the time you finish it, you've had an epic, unforgettable experience. The best part is I was playing the standard, vanilla edition so at some point, I can pick up the rerelease that has all the dlc and play it again.
    I'm not a glitch, I just have pixlexia.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Leon8200 View Post
    so3 is my 3rd faverate ps2 rpg I spent 90 some hour's on it on my first run on earth level,
    but yet only 28 hour's on a speed run on earth level, I started a new game on universe mode and Im still working on
    a 100% completion playthrough I got 150 some hour's on it and still going, that is defenitly a long runer
    ah, thats about average for me on any star ocean game (1 of the reasons i like them is how long they can get). grinding for stat items, lvls, beating uber bosses multiple times. how can gabriel be THAT much stronger in the last hope when according to the timeline hes currently locked in that prison and...i assume, in stasis or something (kinda confusing how his role in the series fits in the timeline there) andyet in till the end of time hes so easy that a properly lvled character can be invincible to all his best attacks? yeah, definately the star ocean franchise as the longest rpg's i've ever played/owned unless you count mmorpg's but that'd be kinda dumb now if you'll excuse me *loads up the last hope*...

edit: never did manage to beat freya in Till the end of time, beat the uber boss at the end of sphere 255 or however many floors that infernal maze had (parasite eve chrysler building anyone? or any other such dungeon) though. and i think i've either beaten it or am at it now on last hope, 6 winged gabriel i mean and have linith unlocked but have yet to beat her 1st form.
    Last edited by treos; 12th-March-2014 at 07:57.

Thanks

pretty much any elder scrolls game. have played them a ton, still have yet to actually finish one.

Thanks
    EP Points

Are we including WIP runs? Give up runs? Runs where you technically beat the game but kept going?

As for WIP runs there are literally metric tons.

Games I beat and kept going would be Pokemon Gold. The OG cart. Not the DS remake. 435 hours before it died with my 9 shinies...
    If we are counting MMORPG's I have played Final Fantasy 14 A Realm Reborn since BETA. I will not admit the hours...

The quickest RPG I've ever played would be Last Rebellion on PS3, but I used a combat guide.