Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: what RPG'S took you forever to beat

Thanks
    EP Points

should elder scrolls games count? i mean, when do they not last for eternity?

and i guess i can add FFXIII but thats just because i still haven't finished it and dislike the game in general most of the time its because i stop to sleep or do something else but don't bother to turn off the console, thats why some of my files are 1-200 hours and incomplete :/ take off the 1-200 and you'll probably have my actual play time.

Thanks
    EP Points

Wanted to add a game i forgot about before, Final Fantasy X took me somewhere around 80 hours my first run through the game. Could've been longer if i had tried to fill out the sphere grid entirely though, and now that the game has had an HD re release, there actually is a trophy for doing just that......

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by treos View Post
    should elder scrolls games count? i mean, when do they not last for eternity?
    They have gotten bigger recently, but the older games (Morrowind in particular) can take a while if you explore everything. And the travel system for that game isn't really extensive, but you can use magic to a degree.
    And extra content adds a bit.
    I guess it really depends if you just rush through the main plot or grind to max out, hoard a heap of stuff, explore and do a heap of side quests

It has been a while but I would guess I put a heap of time into Morrowind when I first played it. I did that on purpose though. It's possible I actually put more time into Oblivion, and it just seems Morrowind took more of my time because it was earlier.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

heh, that or if you try and find different ways of making morrowind crash i think, aside from the odd crash from leaving it running too long or getting stuck on loading screens, i have yet to ever cause a crash in skyrim due to overloading my inventory with an ungodly number of items but they helped that issue by making everything stack instead of spreading out everything out like in morrowind.

started playing dark souls again recently and grinding souls for item purchases and/or upgrades as well as lvling is SO tedious without the dragon head glitch but i don't think i'll do that till i'm a good ways through the game this time as the path to that covenant can be hellish at low lvls with poor gear. i made the trip on my big file but it took days of trying off and on (taking breaks when dying) to get down there then rushing back to the gargoyles area to cure the...curse i think? not sure but its a real hard trip to just rush into (and thats if you can even manage to get down there early on)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

I gave up trying to finish Dark Souls, but I'll probably try it again with a different character build. That was the problem
    Trying out Demon's Souls atm

Yeah, Morrowind tends to crash a bit but it's worse if you run a heap of mods. Still a great game though, I wish levitation hadn't been removed from the more recent games.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, have over 200 hours in and still not beaten it. Using about 180+ mods, and wanting to finish before I move on to Skyrim. Lol Skyrim will be in the bargain bin by the time im ready for it!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    I gave up trying to finish Dark Souls, but I'll probably try it again with a different character build. That was the problem
    Trying out Demon's Souls atm
    or rather a different class as a friend of mine claims heh, if build = class then mine is usually tank or possibly halberdier in the 1st dark souls and might end up the same in the 2nd game when i get it next month. (assuming wal-mart here has it )

Thanks
    EP Points

Pokémon Games
    GS: The Lost Age, but only because of the ridiculous password system and the fact that I have yet to beat Dullahan for the final summons. otherwise I've beaten it without the summons several times.

Thanks
    EP Points

Chrono Trigger took forever,especially if you do all the side quests.

Thanks

Final fantasy 10 250+ hours cause i want stats at max and defeat all dark aeons .

Thanks
    EP Points

got dark souls 2 a couple days ago...this one is going to take a while for me since theres no dragon head glitch or drake sword to use and become uber right after starting the game. fire sword is decent enough but rather than a 1-hit to most mobs early on its 2-4 hits.

i won't be able to skip through much of this like i did the first game :/

Thanks
    EP Points

Zelda: Orciana of time
    Started when I was 5yrs.old in d project 64... UNTIL NOW I DIDNT FINISH IT!

Thanks

I've topped out the game clock on FF7 at 99:99:99 a couple times.
    Couldn't say exactly how long it took me though.

Thanks

Only one with records that I can remember is Final Fantasy XII. I tried to do as much as possible and clocked in over 190 hours. I'm never playing that game again.

Thanks
    EP Points

Still haven't beaten Lost Odyssey, and I'm stuck at the end of Blue Dragon. Stuck at the end of Enchanted Arms as well.

Took me three years to beat FFXIII, took two years to beat Grandia. There are a few others that took a while.