Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Bosses Just Kicked Your Sorry Ass?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default What Bosses Just Kicked Your Sorry Ass?

MM Zero 4's Stupid Stupid Dr. Weil! Why does Capcom feel the need to give you a Timed Boss Fight that can heal, that you can't dodge when your down on your health and may have drained most of your subtanks with NO FREAKIN WEAKNESS? It's like Capcom, despite holding the reigns of a successful videogame company for like what 30 years still has no idea when to quit pushing insane difficulty levels and tasks.I love the Mega Man series, I love the Zero series but I have never enjoyed ridiculously difficult boss fights.

So go ahead and vent your rage against bosses that love to beat you and laugh while they do it.
    Last edited by maverickhuntergirlZ492; 5th-March-2014 at 05:44.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I never had a problem beating Weil in Zero 4 , just takes some skill

Well a boss I been stuck on for a few months is Weiss in Arc Rise Fantasia, All the bosses in Arc Rise are ridiculous/crazy hard.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

Krauser on hard in RE4. Rage.

Yiazmat in FF12. Not exceedingly hard but man did that take forever. Remember having to leave it on pause to go to work.

False King was a bitch too in Demons Souls. Went head to head with him. No hanging back and using magic or arrows!!
    Last edited by Zaladane; 5th-March-2014 at 18:51.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Perhaps it's because I was underleveled when I attempted it, but the Dragon boss in Dragon's Dogma was insanely difficult on my first playthrough. It was probably the most a good four hours of constant playing before I finally managed to beat him. Like, he'd beat me a couple of times, then the final fight where I slew him took almost two full hours of constant attacks.

It was pretty intense. Beyond that, there are very few bosses that I can't beat without putting a little bit of energy towards them. I had a helluva time beating the False King in Demon's Souls until I cheaped out and just poison clouded him to death. He pretty much destroyed me every time.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    Krauser on hard in RE4. Rage.

Oh that final hunt in FF12 that one with 10 mil hp or whatever
    Not super hard but took forever.

I'll think of more tomorrow.
    Have to agree with Krauser, never aimed for the legs first time!
    Recently there was the boss in Breakdown for XBox. Man, that game is really difficult on Hard. Especially on the last levels!

Check my YouTube for gameplay and pickup videos!

Steam|Youtube

Thanks
    EP Points

When I played a new game + in Chrono Trigger,I went to the portal on the right at the beginning of the game to fight Lavos.He instantly kills my party with one hit.I was pissed.I was at least level 60 or higher I don't remember though.ugh.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Iamerror View Post
    When I played a new game + in Chrono Trigger,I went to the portal on the right at the beginning of the game to fight Lavos.He instantly kills my party with one hit.I was pissed.I was at least level 60 or higher I don't remember though.ugh.
    You think thats bad?

Try beating the optional new end boss in Chrono Trigger for DS, Pretty damn tough .
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Drageuth View Post
    Perhaps it's because I was underleveled when I attempted it, but the Dragon boss in Dragon's Dogma was insanely difficult on my first playthrough. It was probably the most a good four hours of constant playing before I finally managed to beat him. Like, he'd beat me a couple of times, then the final fight where I slew him took almost two full hours of constant attacks.

It was pretty intense. Beyond that, there are very few bosses that I can't beat without putting a little bit of energy towards them. I had a helluva time beating the False King in Demon's Souls until I cheaped out and just poison clouded him to death. He pretty much destroyed me every time.
    False King is a nightmare. First time I beat him by pure luck, second time I shot arrows from the mist, third time arrows again and finally the fourth run where I actually had to learn how to fight the bastard. Not sure why I didn't do it with arrows, think maybe they didn't hurt him enough. Hate him so much. But False King is nothing compared to Gwyn in Dark Souls. I still need to do a NG+2 run before I get Dark Souls II and I feel sick at the very thought of having to fight Gwyn again.

As for the topic at hand; Hard Mode Titan in FFXIV is kicking my ass like there's no tomorrow. Shit boss is shit.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Englebert3rd View Post
    Have to agree with Krauser, never aimed for the legs first time!
    Recently there was the boss in Breakdown for XBox. Man, that game is really difficult on Hard. Especially on the last levels!
    Yeah if you can get into a rhythm with a magnum and get him in the foot then the face and repeat until he's down it's not so bad. But there have been times especially early playthroughs where he just owned me. It's also that whole area where he pops out and on hard he does so much damage to you. Even Ada's scenario he can be a bitch too.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Ethelberd of Rune factory 4. I had to design a handful of 100% wind/earth accessories just to survive long enough to revive my companions. I stood at the far corners being a healer for my battered friends...which lasted nearly 10 minutes and many many tries...

Thanks
    EP Points

Man Eaters and Flame Lurker in Demon's Souls both destroyed me at least 10x each. I ended up glitch killing Man Eaters, picked one off with a bow through the fog. Its definitely a fight you need to win quick, because if its a war of attrition, you're probably gonna lose. For previous killings I just went in there and fire stormed them, or clubbed them with a buffed up weapon.

Also the Bed of Chaos in Dark Souls. That one took me at least 15 attempts. The way that boss was setup, your level/gear didn't even matter.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Currently getting owned by the Dream Devourer in Chrono Trigger DS.............cheap ass bastard........

Thanks
    EP Points

Too many to count. Lavos (Chrono Trigger), Culex (Super Mario RPG), Yazmat (FF12). Too bad for them cuzz i kicked there ass's back! (these are just some examples)
    Layin down enjoying the fun unleashing the power of the sun and capturing them all until I'm done.

Thanks
    EP Points

Every boss in MGR on Revengeance difficulty.

Quelaag without any co-op partners was tough as shit on my first playthrough of Dark Souls.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gobby View Post
    Currently getting owned by the Dream Devourer in Chrono Trigger DS.............cheap ass bastard........
    Scratch that, just beat the bastard finally