Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo is removing wifi from ds and wii

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    Anybody planning on playing DQ9 should probably start up a game and grab the DLC quests while they can. They're sorta post-game content, but they're free, and you might get annoyed if you know what you're missing after beating the game. IIRC you need to plug several hours into the game to get Sellma into Questers Rest to obtain them. Kinda a shame to cut the online bonuses, it was cool getting all the other random stuff every week. I don't think I even saw all the weekly guests
    i knewi was forgetting something.... any chance we will be able to get the dlc off this site for dq9? so want to play it but will be ticked if i cant get the full experiance.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by garrendesares View Post
    i knewi was forgetting something.... any chance we will be able to get the dlc off this site for dq9? so want to play it but will be ticked if i cant get the full experiance.
    im sure some hackers are already working on it.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

and people wonder why i hate dlc lol

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

and people wonder why i hate dlc lol
    I agree , games should be checked throughly and finished, just like the old days but nope, they mainly just shove out unfinished products and let the consumer be the "Game Tester", and well DQ9 was all free online content which was nice but now thats gonna be a thing of the past, unless its all actually coded into the game and you are either using a flash card to cheat or an action replay.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

I dont know where, I just woke up, an island maybe?
    Thanks
    EP Points

some one will pull it off Im sure, DQ9 had I think like 30 dungon map's, that added to the overall game lenth I was dissapointed with not being able to get em

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

DLC for PS3 and 360 and up over I presume is just a way to make more cash from the games most the time

It is good that some DLC though it used to update games as not all bugs ect are spotted on release, sometimes due to the pressure of releasing the games other times they have tested the games but even then something can be missed.

I don't like any of this online service thing though in general because in the back of my mind I know it will not last, PS+ for example will stop eventually and when it does all the games I got from it will be unplayable even if I have all the files for them.

P.S. is DS DLC not just tagged into the save data so sharing your save data is sharing the DLC?

if it is just part of the game then yeah a cheat code should be able to unlock that content

perhaps some testing is needed there, by sharing the save data and or comparing that with save data that does not have DLC ect ect

As for general online play being stopped there is usually a local link up mode also anyway and I'm sure there will be a way to use that via an online network if not now something will be figured out

Maybe Nintendo will give up blocking DS flash kits though on the DSi & 3DS if they think it's a dead system now, or dead enough to kill the online services for those games.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Thanked 13,308 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

I *think* you may be able to get extra quests through a streetpass hit from somebody else that has them. So possibly you could load up a completed save file on a flashcart with a second DS, and pass them on. But I'm not sure about it. But you'll never 100% finish if you can't buy Christmas Cakes and shit
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Christmas Cakes and shit
    Doesn't sound nice I like Christmas Cakes and Chocolate more, that's what I would buy.

Streetpass has no effect on DS mode software but a local wireless link up might.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Thanked 13,308 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

It's not the current "Streetpass" feature the 3DS has, but a handful of DS games popularized that basic function. DQ9 is one of them. You can activate the mode in-game, close your DS to put it in sleep mode, and then take it out in hopes of finding the one in a million chance of bumping into somebody doing the exact same thing. It's nowhere near as feasible as the current setup, seeing as you need to run the game and place it in that mode. I only ever got a few hits, when I went to a DQ event in real life.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It's not the current "Streetpass" feature the 3DS has, but a handful of DS games popularized that basic function. DQ9 is one of them. You can activate the mode in-game, close your DS to put it in sleep mode, and then take it out in hopes of finding the one in a million chance of bumping into somebody doing the exact same thing. It's nowhere near as feasible as the current setup, seeing as you need to run the game and place it in that mode. I only ever got a few hits, when I went to a DQ event in real life.
    Ah I see, sounds interesting, shame it was flawed in it's design, something like that you could just use a cheat code to get that sort of bonus, if there are codes to do so that is, but that does take from the fun of it, it's like playing animal crossing and cheating to get a whole furniture collection, instead of finding the stuff yourself (I have done on that game not for furniture but the final shop upgrade that normally you need a visitor from another game of Animal Crossing).

Some things are not ment to be, I hardly ever met anyone on the 3DS when I first got it, still like that a bit in my local area but get a number of hits now if I go to town often full hits, I can't see me ever getting a connection with that game at all, not even in the first month it came out.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 28th-February-2014 at 20:13.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

To those who are complaining about this, seriously. Stop. It's annoying. To be honest it's a good thing. Now they're going to focus more on 3DS and WiiU, which obviously need it. And people have to realize that they're both old systems, can we all just calm down a bit about it?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace Ventura For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Roxas View Post
    To those who are complaining about this, seriously. Stop. It's annoying. To be honest it's a good thing. Now they're going to focus more on 3DS and WiiU, which obviously need it. And people have to realize that they're both old systems, can we all just calm down a bit about it?
    Its all a ploy So you HAVE to buy a 3DS or WiiU to use the online features and ALOT of us are quite pissed with their greedy ass bullshit since we can no longer use our online features to get the full use out of our games, So we all have a right to bitch

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gobby View Post
    Its all a ploy So you HAVE to buy a 3DS or WiiU to use the online features and ALOT of us are quite pissed with their greedy ass bullshit since we can no longer use our online features to get the full use out of our games, So we all have a right to bitch
    Man, you're just filled with all that aren't ya? A 3DS is just like a DS. Just, y'know. With 3D Graphics and better games. I'm sure you could still use the 3DS to play DS games online. Honestly, I've rarely used online features for my old DS games. It's not a big loss. Plus, the 3DS and WiiU really need the financial support.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Roxas View Post
    Man, you're just filled with all that aren't ya? A 3DS is just like a DS. Just, y'know. With 3D Graphics and better games. I'm sure you could still use the 3DS to play DS games online. Honestly, I've rarely used online features for my old DS games. It's not a big loss. Plus, the 3DS and WiiU really need the financial support.
    Nope sure can't, Cutting down the servers to the DS/Wii games themselves , if you read the articles

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

And I'm gonna throw this out there too.

Things change. Get over it.