Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: something is bugging me with square enix and final fantasy lately

Thanks
    EP Points

Default something is bugging me with square enix and final fantasy lately

so the rumored remake of ff7 was waved in our faces once aagain, this is before a final fantasy that (to me) looks really bad. Now I might be over thinking this just a bit but..... is there always a rumor of ff7 just before a final fantasy is released? i mean, last time i heard rumors about it was when final fantasy 13 was about to be released. If anything, i think square enix will release ff7 hd when it knows its has no other choice. Yeah, they might release it when another final fantasy does well, but they changed it so much since then and the new ones reviece so much hate towards them.

All I have to say, im avoiding se because of thier business pratices. Not releasing anything that isnt mainstream is stupid, not listening to the fans and releasing a game when they darn well know it wll sell, really stupid. Yeah, namco wouldnt release tales of vesperia on ps3 in the west, but i think its because of a deal or that we already have one, or it can be because sonyy requires at least 50% change to a game from the original.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to garrendesares For This Useful Post:

I dont know where, I just woke up, an island maybe?
    Thanks
    EP Points

yeah I think they will wait till there out of idea's for their next ff, and POOOOF!!! a ff7 remake will appear lol

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I still don't understand why everybody wants a goddamned FF7 remake so much. That game was the starting point of the collapse of Final Fantasy, where they decided to make sub series' with pretentious Latin names and milking the fanbase dry with at least three different games, all of which were of several degrees up their own ass.

For as much crap as I give them, I'm still behind SE for not remaking it. Even if they're horrible, I would still rather have new games than go the remake route for a game that runs just fine on current, widely available hardware and isn't nearly as archaic as some other games in the series that have since been remade.

I still don't know what possessed them to do that FF4 remake for the DS...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Aeolus Aeneas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Oh, not again...

I think that FF7'remake ISN'T NEEDED, and FF7 universe must be left alone. Everyone wants this remake solely because of nostalgia reasons(first JRPG they ever played, first FF they ever played, "original" plot twists, Cloud/Sephiroth is cool(whaa?), etc), not because this game is a some sort of goddamned masterpiece. That PS3 demo was a starting point, a trigger for countless annoying cries of FF7 fans.

I know some people that preordered/bought Lightning Returns only because of Cloud skin!

I tired of hearing "Hey, you know why our Lightning is so awesome? Because she is like a female version of Cloud!" and other shit like that. We want something new and original, to hell with Cloud and co already! Their story ended! Stop turning a good game into some kind of marketing tool!

I could rant some more, but I better stop now.
    Last edited by Net Spectre; 26th-February-2014 at 11:25.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Aeolus Aeneas View Post

I still don't know what possessed them to do that FF4 remake for the DS...
    I found the FF4 remake to be pretty good, just wish they did remakes for 5 and 6 too..............
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Warrior For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

I liked the PSP remake more. With DS one I felt that they just took the FFIII remake and simply changed some things.

Thanks
    EP Points

I think that Square enix is out of ideas.They seem to rehash the same bs for every game.They just wave the remake of FF7 to generate interest in their mediocre games.Square Enix seems to be on autopilot they don't even seem to care anymore,they probably sit around and throw darts at "plots" to see what the next one will be about.Haha.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yea pretty much, they been sucking eggs since the mid-late PS2 era , before then they actually had good games .
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by garrendesares View Post
    so the rumored remake of ff7 was waved in our faces once aagain, this is before a final fantasy that (to me) looks really bad. Now I might be over thinking this just a bit but..... is there always a rumor of ff7 just before a final fantasy is released? i mean, last time i heard rumors about it was when final fantasy 13 was about to be released. If anything, i think square enix will release ff7 hd when it knows its has no other choice. Yeah, they might release it when another final fantasy does well, but they changed it so much since then and the new ones reviece so much hate towards them.

All I have to say, im avoiding se because of thier business pratices. Not releasing anything that isnt mainstream is stupid, not listening to the fans and releasing a game when they darn well know it wll sell, really stupid. Yeah, namco wouldnt release tales of vesperia on ps3 in the west, but i think its because of a deal or that we already have one, or it can be because sonyy requires at least 50% change to a game from the original.
    I'd say it's the other way around: S-E releases a new game and everyone in the gaming community asks them Where is the FF VII HD Remake?? forcing them to give an answer that only generates more rumours.

And I disagree with those of you who think people wants the remake out of nostalgia and not because it was a good game. Even it that were true, it would still be a legit reason to want it (not everyone wants new FF games like XIII, XIII-2, LR and not everyone wants MMORPGs). Don't say people shouldn't ask for it just because it's not your favourite FF game...

Thanks
    EP Points

I replayed FF7 just a few years ago, I still enjoyed it. So much for the nostalgia argument.

I'd like a remake, and if they made one, I'd gladly play it. But it has to stay true to the original game. I'd hate nothing more than having the "new" brooding emo Cloud in my FF7. See comparison here. I'm only familiar with FF13 (never paid attention to the two sequels) but I really, really dislike the direction that game was taking, so less of that, please.

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm not saying that people shouldn't ask for one.I'm just saying that FF7 has 2 or sequels(prequels) already.I would like another game to get some attention.Though SE would probably mess it up anyways.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Iamerror View Post
    I'm not saying that people shouldn't ask for one.I'm just saying that FF7 has 2 or sequels(prequels) already.I would like another game to get some attention.Though SE would probably mess it up anyways.
    Like Thief!
    At least Deus Ex: Human Revolution is great. I know it's more of the Eidos part of SE rather than the Japanese part.
    I think they need to really re-consider the future of the franchise and actually listen to the older fans, rather than new players.
    Yeah, I'm not a JRPG player but you can see when they stray too far from a franchise!

Check my YouTube for gameplay and pickup videos!

Steam|Youtube

Thanks
    EP Points

I watched a review of FF13 and they said that the localization team removed all Japanese references.They changed the ending song because it was in Japanese.Wtf? So I partly blame them.But yeah,Square Enix needs to pull their heads out of their collective ass.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Iamerror View Post
    I watched a review of FF13 and they said that the localization team removed all Japanese references.They changed the ending song because it was in Japanese.Wtf? So I partly blame them.But yeah,Square Enix needs to pull their heads out of their collective ass.
    ^ THIS ^

Square has gone down the shitter , before the merger they were still good, then after they turned into total shit, I think they turned to crap when Hironobu Sakaguchi left the company.

Thanks
    EP Points

Also, they cut the japanese voicover from Drakengard 3...because they want to sell it as a DLC!