Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I get Vincent in FF VII?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Should I get Vincent in FF VII?

Im at the part and debating if i want to try the hard arse safe combonation and get vincent, or just skip it entirely? I have never used him before and wondering what he would be useful for. my current party is clloud, aeris and tifa (aeris will be replaced by yuffie or red, keeping eeveryone balanced in levels).

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Vincent is plenty useful, I havn't played FF7 in over a decade but He was useful all right
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, I think yes.
    He is a really nice magic user, so I used him as a healer all the time.
    And you can acquire his ultimate weapon AND Limit Break very early.
    Weapon, Death Penalty, gets stronger depending on number of enemies Vincent has killed, so it really helps to rack up his Strength stat. His Limit Breaks are very useful too - he refills health, his stats increase, and he is able to dish out big amounts of damage. There is only one downside though - he goes berserk until he dies or battle ends. So it's better to use his LB's when you really need some raw power. Other time - better keep him as a caster.
    Yeah, and his Chaos form looks freakin' awesome.

Thanks
    EP Points

so basicly, just keep him sad so his limit will go up slower so your not forced to use it instead of attacking?

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, it depends.
    If you want to end the battle quickly or need a heavy hitter during the fight with the boss - go with Limit Break.
    But if you need a healer or strong attack magic caster(for example, when boss is weak to magic and strong to physical attacks) - DO NOT use a Limit Break, because during LB Vincent will act on his own.

Thanks
    EP Points

How's about you get a brain(or set of balls) and start thinking for yourself for once?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Inferno. For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

how about you stop acting like an ass just because your a moderator?

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to garrendesares For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post
    How's about you get a brain(or set of balls) and start thinking for yourself for once?
    Quote Originally Posted by garrendesares View Post
    I don't think the reason he said that has anything to do with him being a mod.

Judging by the context of your post, this is your first time playing FF VII, or one of the first. He is saying, why don't you play through your first time by yourself, making own decisions about the game, and if you get stuck or find a part too difficult then ask for help, don't just ask for a walkthrough right from the start.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Kinda agree with Sheras, its best to play the game on your own, thats what makes it fun and adventurous , well its OK to use a guide or ask for help if you get stuck
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

Personally I found Vincent useless. But its worth doing the safe because Reds last limit break is in it and also the Odin summon which I believe is one of if not the only source of the holy element that you pair with elemental materia if needed.

Thanks
    EP Points

I've always been an arse, even before I was a moderator.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    Personally I found Vincent useless. But its worth doing the safe because Reds last limit break is in it and also the Odin summon which I believe is one of if not the only source of the holy element that you pair with elemental materia if needed.
    did not know that. im actually still trying to figure out this added effect thing. i read this and went to go get the materia at least. way underlevelled (like 28) but was able to beat it without much of a problem. thanks to aeris

Thanks
    EP Points

I say get em cuzz you'll get the full experience of FF7 and why not he's a cool character. He can even bypass the damage limit with his best weapon btw
    Layin down enjoying the fun unleashing the power of the sun and capturing them all until I'm done.

Thanks
    EP Points

did not know that. im actually still trying to figure out this added effect thing. i read this and went to go get the materia at least. way underlevelled (like 28) but was able to beat it without much of a problem. thanks to aeris

Yeah seal evil freezes him iirc.

Added effect works with non elemental materia like mystify and great with contain.

Thanks
    EP Points

made it to disc 2... found out that i need odin materia so i had to get him anyways. and aeris took my only edincoat with her....