Thread: Can't change EP password?

Thanks

Default Can't change EP password?

I tried searching and couldn't find anything, the change password tab has 2 text boxes, "new password" and "repeat new password" but when I confirm, it says something along the line of "your previous password didn't match" but there IS no previous password textbox... I'm confused! Please help!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

You only have to type the new one (twice), the previous password isn't required.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    You only have to type the new one (twice), the previous password isn't required.
    I tried, I promise, I even got frustrated and typed out the password to copy paste it just to make sure it was exactly the same... Always gives me a :

The password you have entered does not match your current one. Please press the back button, enter the correct details and try again. Don't forget that the password is case sensitive. Forgotten your password? Click here!

Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    the previous password isn't required.
    I thought it was required to enter that, and it sounds like the issue he's having.

Olivier, your password change screen is missing the top box shown here in my attached image?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ragnar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    I thought it was required to enter that, and it sounds like the issue he's having.

Olivier, your password change screen is missing the top box shown here in my attached image?
    I don't recall having to enter it when I was forced to change it for security reasons some weeks ago.

Olivier, if you don't mind and you think it's easier for you, PM Ragnar or me the new password and we'll change it for you.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cookie Monster For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

I have a few emails from users about this issue but I can't replicate it myself. What forum skin are you using and what browser are you on ?

Thanks

Thanks to the picture, I figured I'd just look at the code and got it to work for me by editing the page and changing the type from hidden to password. I'm using Chrome 32 without any extensions, but I also tried Firefox. Weirdly, the HTML doesn't show any trace of the original label ("Enter your present password to continue:") so... Problem solved, but I'd gladly help reproduce the issue etc.

Edit : the forum skin is the same as in the picture above
    Last edited by Olivier Doriath; 14th-February-2014 at 20:02.