Thread: Problem loading Donkey Kong Country on Snesoid

Thanks

Default Problem loading Donkey Kong Country on Snesoid

Whenever I try loading the game the screen will run black after the "Rareware" logo finished spawning.

Tried both an /.sfc and an /.smc file: the smc file will run the title menue melody and show the on-screen buttons but will keep the rest of the screen black as well.

I desperately wanne play DDC guys, hope you can help me out here.
    Greets, Ozevil

Ps: Samsung Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300), Android 4.3
    Ps2: Snesoid Emulator for Android systems
    Ps3: Dl'ed here: http://www.emuparadise.me/Super_Nint...ry_(USA)/33505

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Moved

The issue will not be with the roms but with the emulator itself, either see if it was updated or try a alt SNES emu for android

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

I haven't tried this game, but you can try running it on Nostalgia.Nes (search it on Playstore).
    vc3 released.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by meganova View Post
    I haven't tried this game, but you can try running it on Nostalgia.Nes (search it on Playstore).
    Can that play SNES games?

Donkey Kong Country is the game that is wanted not Donkey Kong for the NES, misleading tittle.

Know any good SNES android emu's though Mega, personally it's not my thing, not on an Android device anyway
    Last edited by Zorlon; 2nd-February-2014 at 13:19.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Yes i'm talking about Donkey Kong Country, i'm sorry, I wanted to change the caption but couldn't edit.

I have the newest version of snesoid (2.24 apk-something).

I reinstalled it and it went further, showing the "Nintendo" logo as well, but again: titlescreen-sound-only

Right now I'm being busy searching alt android emu's,
    thx for the hints so far.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by ozevil View Post
    Yes i'm talking about Donkey Kong Country, i'm sorry, I wanted to change the caption but couldn't edit.
    Done it for you

EDIT: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...droid&hl=en_GB

http://en.softonic.com/s/snes:android list of SNES 4 Android devices

List by age Newest to oldest (only free ones listed)

Snes9x EX 1.5.12
    SuperGNES Lite (SNES Emulator) 1.2.14
    SNESDroid 1.4.2
    SNesoid 1.15.2
    Last edited by Zorlon; 2nd-February-2014 at 13:45.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Can that play SNES games?

Donkey Kong Country is the game that is wanted not Donkey Kong for the NES, misleading tittle.

Know any good SNES android emu's though Mega, personally it's not my thing, not on an Android device anyway
    Ah, I misread the posts content (again), I thought the OP meant nesoid.
    and no, only for NES AFAIK.

To OP, have you tried Snes9x for the android? or SuperGNES?
    vc3 released.

Thanks

Thank you a lot ! Tried Snes9x and superGNES, both run the game pretty fine (I don't like superGNES though)

It's a bummer though snesoid won't do it, because he has the best snes-pad-to-touch-screen adaption (wide hitboxes of the "buttons"), i am barely able steering on the other emu's.
    But as long as all other games will keep running there...

Thanks a lot for the help!

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You can normally customize the the touch controls make them bigger smaller ect

check out all the setting in the emu's that do work

I can't promise the options are there as I don't like emulating on Android devices so it is not known by me if you can do that

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

I know, but I was helped with the Snes9x already, since the controls were fine enough from the beginning and it ran DDC just fine.
    The superGNES most likely has an option like that.

Ps: Really? Man, no more random cellphone-timewasting but snes gaming? Now that I'm exploring the possibilities....NO MORE BOREDOM! EVER!

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I do own a PSP and 3DS for retro emulation and a PSvita for more up to date mobile gaming

I do most my home emulation on my Original Xbox (using a PS2 pad though), a bit of emulation on the Wii as well, mostly light gun games

I also own the 360 and PS3 (can't afford the PS4 or Xbox One just yet, it will be a PS4 I get though)

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Just wanted to pop in and say I tested DKC in snesoid 2.2.4 and it worked perfectly fine

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    I do most my home emulation on my Original Xbox (using a PS2 pad though), a bit of emulation on the Wii as well, mostly light gun games
    Wow..
    Emulating
    ON an Xbox
    WITH a ps2 pad

Now that's some chuck norris stuff haha.
    I envy you for that passion. I'm mostly emulating old n64 (and now snes ) games and play halo on my 360.
    As soon as my liquidity passes the one of a student, I'm definetly going to steer towards a way more like yours .
    I'm looking forward the new wii-u, as soon as more fun games are out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    Just wanted to pop in and say I tested DKC in snesoid 2.2.4 and it worked perfectly fine
    Well it still doesn't on my Snesoid ^^. But thanks for your contribution.

Thanks

I'm wondering if this is a similar problem to what I've been having with Dragon Quest I&II and Dragon Quest V. I'm using Snesoid on a Lenovo tablet, and often when I try loading these roms, I just get a black screen and go no further, but sometimes it'll even stop showing the controls and won't load anything. I have to force stop and relaunch Snesoid. Eventually, it loads fine. I haven't tried another emulator yet, but I do now have SNES9x downloaded, and I'll be trying that later. Dragon Quest III and VI work perfectly, though, so obviously it's a problem with the rom, I'm just wondering if the problem is a conflict the rom has with the emulator, and another emulator will run it fine, or do I have bad dumps?

Well, I'll be finding out later tonight, though I hope someone can add something useful. Either way, Thanks Zorlon for the emulator list you had, Emuparadise is a little anemic with their Android based emulators.

Adding to my earlier post, SNES9x on Android rocks! Dragon Quest V is working excellent, haven't tried DQI&II yet, but assume it'll work just as well. And, frankly, I prefer to on-screen interface over Snesoid anyway. I have read a little more about "accurate" emulators, and can only surmise that Snesoid's accuracy (or possible lack thereof) is the issue. If it's too accurate, it can run into trouble with slightly faulty dumps triggering SNES copy protection schemes, and if not accurate enough then certain opcodes may not be running properly. I hope someone can add to this somehow, as there may still be future problems.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 23rd-February-2015 at 05:19.