Thread: IP address does not prove online piracy, according to US Fed judge.

Thanks
    EP Points

Default IP address does not prove online piracy, according to US Fed judge.

Good news people!

I know where are not normally suppose to post links (except if non emulation I believe), but this is a link about a good news for downloading. It was ruled in Washington, USA, not that long ago, by a judge making a landmark ruling, that an IP address is not enough to convict someone. You can also google "ip usa judge" and you will get different sites speaking about the ruling.

http://rt.com/usa/ip-address-online-piracy-judge-990/

Thanks
    EP Points

i stopped reading after "The Hollywood executives behind the movie ‘Elf Man’ filed a lawsuit against hundreds of people, "

this sums up my opinion of hollywood fighting a futile battle against piracy which we all know they'll never win: this, every single time

makes me wish they'd just give up already. its obvious to everyone that they're NEVER going to be able to end piracy. thats like trying to stamp out hacking and that's not likely to happen so long as any computer exists.

Thanks
    EP Points

That's right lol. In any case, you should google the one with torrentfreaks. Same story but written from a "torrenter" perspective. It's a better article, but I didn't wanna link to a torrent site, as rules states I shouldn't lol.

Anyhow, I think that for those companies, the judge's ruling is a heavy blow to their fight. Kudos for us and the judge!

Thanks
    EP Points

this is the same government that let us use mix tapes.