Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is the first video game and console you've ever owned?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by The Almighty MegaMan View Post
    My first (and second, third, fourth... you looked at them funny and the shits broke!) was a famiclone (here known as "Family Game").
    First game? Can't recall.
    Mario has pretty high possibilities, but I was 3-4 at the time, so if I said I was sure I would be lying.

Having a pirate console with pirate carts actually had a bright side to it - without it I would've never gotten to play the best racing game the NES ever got: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IunQUk6jW50
    Along with nifty things like the undoubtedly superior (unlicensed) Tetris, and some japanese-only games like the Battle City and B-Wings. Oh how I love thee.
    Was that Family Game console Korean? I know a lot of pirate Famicom games came from Korea, as well as Taiwan. There were some horribly bad Mario ones, such as Mario Bros 16, or something like that. It was simply a sprite swap of The Flintstones, with Mario in Fred Flintstone's place lol.

Thanks

My first console was a playstation and my first game was pokemon silver. Notice how these aren't compatible? Because my parents didn't.

Thanks
    EP Points

My first console was a one of those Taiwan Famicom clones. All that I remember about it - it was black, and it literally melted after too much Battletoads. Oh well.
    Can't recall first game, but can recall first cart - famous "9999999 in 1". I played Mario a lot at that time, but I doubt that he was the first.
    There were some horribly bad Mario ones, such as Mario Bros 16, or something like that. It was simply a sprite swap of The Flintstones, with Mario in Fred Flintstone's place lol.
    I had Mario 16, and it was a Joe'n'Mac hack. The Flinstones one was called "Super Mario 7"

First console I bought myself was a PS2, and the first game I played on it was Shin Megami Tensei: Lucifer's Call/Nocturne(which also was my first SMT ever).
    Last edited by Net Spectre; 7th-January-2014 at 17:24.

Thanks
    EP Points

when I was a kid somewhere around the early 90s I got an NES for Christmas and of course the complementary SMB/Duck Hunt cartridge with it. The NES is still my #1 favorite console.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Vortexx1988 View Post
    Was that Family Game console Korean? I know a lot of pirate Famicom games came from Korea, as well as Taiwan. There were some horribly bad Mario ones, such as Mario Bros 16, or something like that. It was simply a sprite swap of The Flintstones, with Mario in Fred Flintstone's place lol.
    No, chinese without doubt. I had like 5 or 6. Those things broke if you looked at them funny.
    Never had those Mario hacks you mention, but I have seen them in action!
    I am Mega Man, I'm blue and cyan - the creation of Dr Light (or Right, if you're from Japan)
    Also known as Rockman

My Mega Buster can cut the mustard, I'm a flustered amputee
    POW POW!
    Eight robot bosses in eight levels dishevel and revel in devilry,
    I'll steal their weaponry!

I am also known as the "Blue Bomber"
    I could shoot the legs off Jeffrey Dahmer
    Kill a robot fish, kill a robot frog,
    and then I ride off on my robot dog...

JOIN THE SHMUP MANIACS! Arcade & home console 2D shmups!

vThanks button, down herev

Thanks
    EP Points

the first console and game bought for me were the PS2 and Armored Core 2: Another Age. Before that I grew up mostly playing games on the Amiga computers my family owned.