Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is the first video game and console you've ever owned?

Thanks

First console I've owned as a SNES when I was three years old (1998), due to my young age it was a relatively okay console for me since you have to put in a good amount of effort to ruin a game for it.

Thanks
    EP Points

My dad bought a TRS80 CoCo2 back in the day, along with 2 games:
    Dungeons of Daggorath
    and Downland.

Both insanely hard.
    Last edited by ChalkTaster; 13th-December-2013 at 01:56.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

We had an Atari Video Computer System with a space invaders clone, Basic Programming, Breakout(with paddle controllers), Pac Man, and some other games.
    It's strangely nostalgic to hear the Pac Man sounds so often used as generic video game sounds in TV shows. Which made me like Big Bang Theory even more, since when Sheldon paused while playing Super Mario 64 on an emulator, the show used the right pause sound instead of generic fx.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Vortexx1988 View Post
    Was that the computer that had the really odd colours? If I'm thinking of the same one, it can only show like, 5 colours on the screen at a time.
    Spectrum, C64, MSX, Amstrad CPC... all the old comps had a very limited palette of colours. I think the Spectrum had 15 different colours Still, such a great machine. Mine still works

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by skullpoker View Post
    We had an Atari Video Computer System with a space invaders clone, Basic Programming, Breakout(with paddle controllers), Pac Man, and some other games.
    It's strangely nostalgic to hear the Pac Man sounds so often used as generic video game sounds in TV shows. Which made me like Big Bang Theory even more, since when Sheldon paused while playing Super Mario 64 on an emulator, the show used the right pause sound instead of generic fx.

Do you remember the name of that game? There were tons of Space Invaders clones for the Atari VCS.

Ah, Big Bang Theory. I love that show. They're so accurate with everything, so that nerds like us know what they're talking about.

Of course, the Pac Man version for Atari VCS had different sound effects than most other ports.
    Last edited by Vortexx1988; 12th-December-2013 at 18:47.

Thanks
    EP Points

i believe my first game and console was Super Mario Bros. (the 1 with duck hunt) and the nes. feels like such a long time ago when making a game work on a console was often times a major pain in the arse lol jiggle the cartridge, blow in it (cartridge/console), clean it, and even then it still probably wouldn't work or if it did it might glitch up in any number of ways. kinda like in that episode of avgn where the nerd goes on about game glitches and stuff.

nowadays the only time i have such a hard time getting games to run is with pc games sometimes and even then its usually windows xp or older games (my laptop is windows 7).

Thanks
    EP Points

First one we had as a "family console" was Intellivision with umm some games can't remember which was first but had Baseball, Dungeons and Dragons, Snafu and Mousetrap were some of the first I think though.

First one I bought myself was a replacement SNES after mine got stolen from a party

And I believe the first games I got for it was one of the Street Fighter 2 editions and FF6

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Vortexx1988 View Post
    Do you remember the name of that game? There were tons of Space Invaders clones for the Atari VCS.

Ah, Big Bang Theory. I love that show. They're so accurate with everything, so that nerds like us know what they're talking about.

Of course, the Pac Man version for Atari VCS had different sound effects than most other ports.
    No, I really don't remember the name. It was quite a bit different than Space invaders in that the enemy flew in a different pattern, were far fewer, and eventually they would split in two once you shot them. I think the split enemies were the main ones that would go for the bottom of the screen to try and hit you. And it's a third party cartridge, not looking much like a normal Atari cartridge.

And yes, the Pac Man game was very square and boxy. And sounded crazy different from most Pac Man games.

And we had one game containing Tanks, airplanes, and gunslingers. That one was a favorite because the gunslingers would shoot through cactuses and other barriers a chunk at a time, including a moving, recycling barrier.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks
    EP Points

My familyalways had a NES, I remember many great times playing it. I also remember getting a SNES, many great times as well with the SNES. Super Mario World, Super Mario Kart, Zelda, Donkey Kong Country, so many great games.

Thanks
    EP Points

Mega Drive / Toy Story.

Sonic was my 23rd or so mega drive game.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks
    EP Points

My parents bought an Atari 2600 bundled with Combat in the early 80s. I wanted an Apple II to play Oregon Trail and Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiego but they were too expensive.

Thanks
    EP Points

First game system I ever owned was the NES with Mario/DuckHunt. Got it for Christmas, and also received Top Gun, Rambo and a NES Advantage Joystick along with it.

First system I ever purchased on my own was the SNES. I saved money all summer from mowing yards and whatnot just to purchase that system.

Thanks
    EP Points

My first console would be a PlayStation, some of my first games are "Disney's Tarzan" and "102 Dalmatians: Puppies to the Rescue", I think it was around 2003 through 2005.
    Last edited by Ragnar; 23rd-February-2017 at 06:17.
    Balus!

Drop everything now!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by HARVESTjr View Post
    My first console would be a PlayStation, some of my first games are "Disney's Tarzan" and "102 Dalmatians: Puppies to the Rescue", I think it was around 2003 through 2005.
    sad, you missed out on all the great games that came out before psx then. least you can see all of them via emulators now

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

My first (and second, third, fourth... you looked at them funny and the shits broke!) was a famiclone (here known as "Family Game").
    First game? Can't recall.
    Mario has pretty high possibilities, but I was 3-4 at the time, so if I said I was sure I would be lying.

Having a pirate console with pirate carts actually had a bright side to it - without it I would've never gotten to play the best racing game the NES ever got: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IunQUk6jW50
    Along with nifty things like the undoubtedly superior (unlicensed) Tetris, and some japanese-only games like the Battle City and B-Wings. Oh how I love thee.
    I am Mega Man, I'm blue and cyan - the creation of Dr Light (or Right, if you're from Japan)
    Also known as Rockman

My Mega Buster can cut the mustard, I'm a flustered amputee
    POW POW!
    Eight robot bosses in eight levels dishevel and revel in devilry,
    I'll steal their weaponry!

I am also known as the "Blue Bomber"
    I could shoot the legs off Jeffrey Dahmer
    Kill a robot fish, kill a robot frog,
    and then I ride off on my robot dog...

JOIN THE SHMUP MANIACS! Arcade & home console 2D shmups!

vThanks button, down herev